Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2007 10:38:48 AM EDT
Not to diminish what happened there, but worse has happened in a school in the US.

Bath, Michigan

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Bath School Disaster
Bath School Disaster
Bath Consolidated School after bombing
Location Bath Township, Michigan, United States
Target(s) Bath Consolidated School
Date May 18, 1927
Attack type Shooting/explosives/fire/suicide bombing
Fatalities 45
Perpetrator(s) Andrew Kehoe
Motive Financial Hardship

The Bath School disaster is the name given to three bombings in Bath Township, Michigan, USA, on May 18, 1927, which killed 45 people and injured 58. Most of the victims were children in second to sixth grades attending the Bath Consolidated School. Their deaths constitute the deadliest act of mass murder in a school in U.S. history. The perpetrator was school board member Andrew Kehoe, who was upset by a property tax that had been levied to fund the construction of the school building. He blamed the additional tax for financial hardships which led to foreclosure proceedings against his farm. These events apparently provoked Kehoe to plan his attack.

On the morning of May 18, Kehoe first killed his wife and then set his farm buildings on fire. As fire fighters arrived at the farm, an explosion devastated the north wing of the school building, killing many of the people inside. Kehoe used a detonator to ignite dynamite and hundreds of pounds of pyrotol which he had secretly planted inside the school over the course of many months. As rescuers started gathering at the school, Kehoe drove up, stopped, and detonated a bomb inside his shrapnel-filled vehicle, killing himself and the school superintendent, and killing and injuring several others. During the rescue efforts, searchers discovered an additional 500 pounds (230 kg) of unexploded dynamite and pyrotol planted throughout the basement of the school's south wing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:42:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I think they only called it the worst school 'shooting'.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:44:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

"...in modern history." Is the other thing I hear a lot.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:45:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

They LOVE saying that phrase too.

Its almost an unnatural love / rush they get from saying it.

Fox News included.

"Hey, media  - there's 32 dead people here.....can we PLEASE not enjoy it so much? PLEASE?"

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#4]
It's like the news is keeping score.

Don't think this wasn't a matter of "one-upsmanship".  That sick fuck put together a whole media package just to top Columbine.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:49:34 AM EDT
[#5]
If (God forbid) another massacre with the same body count were to happen today, the media would be calling it ...

THE WORST SCHOOL SHOOTING
On a Thursday
IN US HISTORY
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:56:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I have heard it described as the worst school killing and worst school massacre.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:23:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If (God forbid) another massacre with the same body count were to happen today, the media would be calling it ...

THE WORST SCHOOL SHOOTING
On a Thursday
IN US HISTORY

True.

The do the same thing with race.

Like they  announced the first black football coach.

Then they  annouced the first black coach to make the playoffs.

Then they announced the first black coach to make the Superbowl.

Then they announced the first time two black coaches were in the Superbowl.

Don't EVEN try to tell me race isn't a cash cow money maker for the media.

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 12:38:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Theres only about 4 threads in the top 25 pages pointing this fact out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top