Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2007 10:22:23 AM EDT
WE have almost every freedom in this country, except the one to protect yourself anywhere you are.

By News Sentinel staff
April 18, 2007

NASHVILLE — In a surprise move, a House panel voted today to repeal a state law that forbids the carrying of handguns on property and buildings owned by state, county and city governments — including parks and playgrounds.

"I think the recent Virginia disaster — or catastrophe or nightmare or whatever you want to call it — has woken up a lot of people to the need for having guns available to law-abiding citizens," said Rep. Frank Niceley, R-Strawberry Plains. "I hope that is what this vote reflects."

Read the full story in Thursday’s News Sentinel.

Link;

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/state/article/0,1406,KNS_348_5491437,00.html

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:22:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:23:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:24:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I think that, in gun-friendly states, the legislatures will prove to be receptive to this argument. I'm gonna shoot an email to my local politicians.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#4]
God bless them
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top