Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2007 3:26:12 AM EDT
Watching all of the coverage, the VT killer has been called everything but a child of God by the press.  Which, to me begs a question, or at least, a reflection.

Clearly, clearly, CLEARLY, this was a crazy man.  Really and truly crazy.  His brain simply did not run right, at all.  We, as sane individuals, *cannot* comprehend his rationale or thought processes and more than we can crawl into the head of great white shark.  He was wired bad.

Now, this doesn't make it ANY more easily digestible, this was and continues to be a tragedy of immeasurable human proportions.  But, *was* the killer a "bad man", or a "monster"?  I say, monster.  A bad man means a person like ourselves, but for whatever reason, self-decidedly "bad".  Monsters, at least in the classical sense, do not exist.  Except in this form.  Human beings, walking amongst us, who are so different in the head as to be a different being altogether.

This "person" was not a person as you and I know.  He was, indeed, a monster.  A monster living with us, and ultimately, turning on us.  Look out, they really are out there.  

Now, on to a happy happy day-o-work!  Really!

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:28:52 AM EDT
[#1]
whatever he is the fucking news is giving him his wish. They have turned him into a media star
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:33:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
whatever he is the fucking news is giving him his wish. They have turned him into a media star

And this brings up the next point: When is the next copycat going to pop up?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:33:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:34:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+Eleventy Billion on that, too!

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:51:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:00:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess it depends upon one's philosophical view.
Liberals do not (as far as I can tell) acknowledge the existance of evil.  To them, a person like Cho was "simply" a deranged and "sick" individual.

I have known people with similar illnesses to Cho's.  And I have made it something of a personal hobby to read about and study others.  And while I agree that they are sick with a clinically diagnosable illness, I also believe that they are "evil".  Or at the very minimum interpretation, they perpetrate evil deeds.  I am comfortable with my own view on this because I believe that in most cases, these people, although extremely mentally ill, also at the same time still can understand the maliciousness of their own deeds.  They beleive that their malicious and cruel deeds are NECESSARY.  Necessary either in the pursuit of justice (Cho), or necessary in the pursuit of their own pleasure and agrandizment (all the usual serial killer types; Bundy, Fish, Holmes, etc.)

Where evil comes into the picture is that these people are driven to harm others because they cannot accept that their interpretation of reality could possibly be in error.  They cannot possibly be in error because they have set themselves up as God.  This is because their egos do not accept the existance of any power higher in wisdom than that contained by their own will.  THIS, is MY definition of evil.

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:39:13 AM EDT
[#7]
This guy is less of a monster than the guys and girl who carjacked that couple. They raped, tortured, and then beat him to death. They then raped, tortured, mutilated (cut off her breast and other parts), then gave her chemical mouthwashes and bathes in an attempt to eliminate dna evidence, and then killed her and dumped the body.

Those people are savage monsters, but we've become too pc to call someone a monster who doesn't use a gun.

It has nothing to do with the level of evil, the pain and suffering brought about, or the thought that went into the crime(s).

HE USED A GUN AND THEREFORE IS A MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OH!!!!!!TOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOES!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:44:45 AM EDT
[#8]
He is a pathetic loon.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:50:02 AM EDT
[#9]
the sick fuck sounds like Napoleon Dynamite and doing a poor job
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top