Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2007 9:15:32 PM EDT
A gallup poll showed that in 94, 76% of people interviewed said that they were in favor of stricter gun control.  That number dropped to 48% in 2007.  !  Good for us!

Also, more importantly, while watching, just before the screen flashed to commercial, there was a brief (1/2 second?) picture come up.  It was a black background with a blue silouette of a man kneeling with a handgun pointed to the right of the screen, and underneath the silouette, it said "Defend yourself"

I thought I was seeing things, but then the next time they went to commercial, I saw it again.

Does anyone have Tivo around this time?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Current poll on CNN.com:

Will gun control be a factor when you vote for president next year?

Yes = 41%  39821 votes
No = 59%  57057 votes

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:18:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I did see Anderson Cooper with that fucking dolt from the Brady campaign.

Didn't recognize the pro-gun guy though, think his name was Eric.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:19:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Current poll on CNN.com:

Yes = 41%  39821 votes
No = 59%  57057 votes

Not sure if that's good or bad. It could mean that there aren't a lot of libs that care about the issue, or it could mean that there are a lot of gun owners that care more about other issues.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:21:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Not good.........need to spread this one around and hit it hard.

Yes  42%
44043 votes

No   58%
61968 votes
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:22:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Current poll on CNN.com:

Yes = 41%  39821 votes
No = 59%  57057 votes

Great example of a leading question, that can be twisted however they want.
God I hate polls, they're almost never an accurate representation of the entire population, and they ask loaded questions.
Reminds me of the joke "If you were on a bus full of gay guys would you get off?"
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Current poll on CNN.com:

Yes = 41%  39821 votes
No = 59%  57057 votes

Not sure if that's good or bad. It could mean that there aren't a lot of libs that care about the issue, or it could mean that there are a lot of gun owners that care more about other issues.

Yesterday Bill Sneider(sp?) the poll guy on CNN said that gun owners tend to think of the 2A all year round, whereas non gun owners dont vote for a politician based on @A issue stances.

Ummmm let me rephrase....

For non gun owners it is not an issue at the ballot box, for gun owners it is an issue at every election.

In other words he was saying we care about our rights year round and at every election whereas non gun owners will not stop voting for or vote for a candidate based on 2A stance.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:23:43 PM EDT
[#7]
This poll is stupid.

The question it asks does not differentiate between pro or anti.

"Gun Control"  would be an issue to most anti's as well as most pro-gun people.

This poll sucks.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top