Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2007 8:51:18 PM EDT
Yup, it's that time again for a 53vortec "I can't buy a reliable gun to save my life (literally!)" rant - which simply means, with my luck, that I bought another gun...

After tuning on 1911s, timing on revolvers, and tweaking with others, I bought a Glock - the AK of the handgun world!

Quick trip to the range with it today (AFTER I had a set of Trijicons installed on it, of course) and I was rewarded with six, count 'em SIX, short strokes in 50 rounds. I have therefore concluded that my best self-defense option is to arm myself with crossbows, katanas, ninja stars, and probably a pointy stick. I may start playing Dungeons & Dragons and driving an economical car to round out the motif.

Of course part of this is my fault - following the logic that part of the greatness of these newfangled platic automatics is their high capacity, I figured that giving myself an advantage of a faster rate of accurate fire with a compensator would be just the ticket and bought a 17C. Hey, I've trained with SWAT guys that love 'em, watched 'em run trough courses, and there's even a stick over on Glock talk with all those tennifer heads raving about 'em, so I'm good to go, right!! Only afterwards do I find out that these pistols are tweaky and need some tuning - in other words I managed to buy Glock's 1911. Leave it to the mother fucker that can jam an AK...

Now before any of you Glapologists start questioning the manliness of my wrists, I'll state that I've never had a limp wrist malfunction with ANY of the Glocks I've shot - years of precision electronics work and vigorous masturbation have eliminated that factor.

So that's it - after posting thread after thread of "it's fucked up" "got another bad one" and "why can't I buy a gun that works" I figure it's time to save you all anymore of this pathetic bitching, liquidate, and put my life in the hands of Gil Hibben.

(Oh, and to all of you about to post your "I've never bought a gun that DIDN'T work" replies, I hate you.)
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Yup, it's that time again for a 53vortec "I can't buy a reliable gun to save my life (literally!)" rant - which simply means, with my luck, that I bought another gun...

After tuning on 1911s, timing on revolvers, and tweaking with others, I bought a Glock - the AK of the handgun world!

Quick trip to the range with it today (AFTER I had a set of Trijicons installed on it, of course) and I was rewarded with six, count 'em SIX, short strokes in 50 rounds. I have therefore concluded that my best self-defense option is to arm myself with crossbows, katanas, ninja stars, and probably a pointy stick. I may start playing Dungeons & Dragons and driving an economical car to round out the motif.

Of course part of this is my fault - following the logic that part of the greatness of these newfangled platic automatics is their high capacity, I figured that giving myself an advantage of a faster rate of accurate fire with a compensator would be just the ticket and bought a 17C. Hey, I've trained with SWAT guys that love 'em, watched 'em run trough courses, and there's even a stick over on Glock talk with all those tennifer heads raving about 'em, so I'm good to go, right!! Only afterwards do I find out that these pistols are tweaky and need some tuning - in other words I managed to buy Glock's 1911. Leave it to the mother fucker that can jam an AK...

Now before any of you Glapologists start questioning the manliness of my wrists, I'll state that I've never had a limp wrist malfunction with ANY of the Glocks I've shot - years of precision electronics work and vigorous masturbation have eliminated that factor.

So that's it - after posting thread after thread of "it's fucked up" "got another bad one" and "why can't I buy a gun that works" I figure it's time to save you all anymore of this pathetic bitching, liquidate, and put my life in the hands of Gil Hibben.

(Oh, and to all of you about to post your "I've never bought a gun that DIDN'T work" replies, I hate you.)

Quoted, and maybe used against you as my new sig line.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never bought a gun that didn't work.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:59:42 PM EDT
[#3]
i know how you feel...  when i wanted a new .22lr plinker, i made the mistake of choosing walther.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

So noted.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:01:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've never bought a gun that didn't work.

I had a Raven once, but other than that, me too!

Larry
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Here ya go cheaper than a Hibben

can be had for about the price of 2 magazines for your non functional G17c

Stanley FuBar

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you tried a straw and some spit-balls?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL I know how you feel.

I'm one of those guys also.

I could buy the cheapest or the most expensive thing and I'll have problems.

What kills me the most is I know more about how the things I own work then the average human so I take care things well but it will still break on me.

Thankfully my last gun that wasn't working right, my Glock 19 now has the correct parts on the way for install.

Both of my .22's issues were resolved buy using CCI minimags.

Too bad you had issues with a revolver, thats my fav carry peice.
I'd trust my life to my modded sp101 anyday.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:43:37 PM EDT
[#9]
What's even worse is I can be the first person the ever have the truble I have: first non firing Mosin any of my friends or the gunstore heard of, the firing pin needed a turn;It was to short. First one of my friend to malf an AK (and a very $$$ Krebs Custom at that);First one to get a bad CZ52; Plus my P22 and others
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
+2 tap
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top