Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2007 7:30:08 PM EDT
Years ago during the Rodney King Riots, a lot of Koreans owned shops in South Central Los Angeles. The cops RAN AWAY and weren't seen for a week. It was the Koreans who uses GUNS to fire (mostly up in the air) on Looters who would approach their stores with the intention of burning them to the ground.

Owners who fled the area typically returned to a steaming pile of ashes. But not the Koreans.

A lot of the guns that the Korean Shop keepers used were: AR-15's

The mere threat of iminent death was enough to deter the most hardened Gang Banger and looter.

Koreans and Fillipinos tend to be fellow Gunners who are rather conservative politically. This is something I would like many of you to keep in mind, especially the younger ones who are reading this.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't blame Koreans at all. Nuts come from all races.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm trying to come up with a second incident involving Korean Americans and besides overcharging for shit at their convenience stores I can't come up with shit.

But if they want to offer some free take out food as a form of reparations I'll have one from Column A and two from Column B.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:42:37 PM EDT
[#4]
The guy was a raving loon.  Those come in all shapes and sizes.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:48:01 PM EDT
[#5]
The maniac had been raised in the US since 8th grade. I would say that our own society, especially Sanjaya and that cursed abomination that MTV has become, had a substantial effect in loosening this guy's screws.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I must say, I was sorta ridin the fence on NON Citizens having guns.
Only held to the middle by the fact I HATE the Gov't chipping away
at ANYBODYS right to own a firearm.

But you're right, very valid point.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The maniac had been raised in the US since 8th grade. I would say that our own society, especially Sanjaya and that cursed abomination that MTV has become, had a substantial effect in loosening this guy's screws.

I thought he had been since he was 8 years old.  If that's true the guy was more American than he was Korean...
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:54:25 PM EDT
[#8]
The hardest hit will be the schoolchildren.

Already reports are coming out about Korean HS students in VA being shunned. As a group of students walked past a table of Korean students, one remarked, "Watch out or one of them will shoot you."
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm trying to come up with a second incident involving Korean Americans and besides overcharging for shit at their convenience stores I can't come up with shit.

But if they want to offer some free take out food as a form of reparations I'll have one from Column A and two from Column B.

Have you ever eaten at a Korean restaurant? I have.

Column A =dried minnows in chili sauce (seriously)

Column B =pickled white radish kimchi

It helped ALOT to have a beautiful Korean-American woman with me who knew what she was ordering, and ordered food "normal" to me.

Did I mention she was beautiful, with long hair?

komap sumnida

ETA; Truthfully too, South Koreans appreciate what America did on their behalf far more than any other nation. They need only look at the wreck KJI has turned NorK into, to be glad we helped them. Many still acknowledge our Korean war vets sacrifices, and honor the memories of our fallen servicemen.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:57:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I don't blame Koreans at all. Nuts come from all races.

+1  TT
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#11]
So far, it seems like the response from the Korean community has been overwhelmingly positive.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:59:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#13]
One of my good friends was born in Ichon, South Korean.  He was adopted and brought into the United States before the age of one.  I see absolutely nothing different between me and him besides our looks.

Now on the other hand, people who come to this country at an older age, especially if they are only on visa's....well that's just another story.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:01:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't blame the Koreans in this Country for anything just because this lunatic went on a rampage.  Virtually all of the Koreans I have met have been very nice and extremely hardworking, I cannot ever recall seeing a Korean on welfare.   I'd love to ship the dead beats out of this Country to some shithole and bring in more hardworking Koreans.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I thought he had been since he was 8 years old.  If that's true the guy was more American than he was Korean...

You are correct, sir
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:07:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The hardest hit will be the schoolchildren.

Already reports are coming out about Korean HS students in VA being shunned. As a group of students walked past a table of Korean students, one remarked, "Watch out or one of them will shoot you."

Dumbasses will be out-earned by those Korean kids 2 to 1 (if not higher)

Some of the smartest, hardest-working people on the planet.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:08:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Did I mention she was beautiful, with long hair?

You better post pics, just to be sure.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The guy was a raving loon.  Those come in all shapes and sizes.

...and colors.

His actions are no more indictment of other Korean Americans than they were representative of law-abiding gun owners. He was a lone wolf crackpot grade-A asshole, and nothing more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top