Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2007 5:38:21 PM EDT
Didn't see this posted yet, so delete if it is. The return address on the package sent to NBC is mark A. Ishmial. Similar to the writing on his wrist. Heard Michael Savage talking about it tonight and now FOX is reporting it to. If I'm correct, I believe that Ishmial was the evil son of Abraham that was forced to leave the family. And it's Ishmial that is believed to have "started" Islam. Don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist, but what do you think. Reading to much into it/listening too much to savage???

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION: Abraham as in the "Old Testament". He slept with a servent (Hagar) and she had Ishmial. There was a big fight and Ishamial was forced to leave after he told Jacob (i think) that he was going to kill him.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Didn't see this posted yet, so delete if it is. The return address on the package sent to NBC is mark A. Ishmial. Similar to the writing on his wrist. Heard Michael Savage talking about it tonight and now FOX is reporting it to. If I'm correct, I believe that Ishmial was the evil son of Abraham that was forced to leave the family. And it's Ishmial that is believed to have "started" Islam. Don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist, but what do you think. Reading to much into it/listening too much to savage???

huh?

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:45:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Ishmael is a name traditionally used to identify with outsiders.
"Call me Ishmael" - the opening lines of Moby Dick.
It is far more likely he ID'd himself as Ishmael to draw a connection as an outsider.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It is far more likely he ID'd himself as Ishmael to draw a connection as an outsider.

He was an english major afterall
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

huh?

When I say started Islam, I dont mean it in a litteral way. He was forced out to the Jewish community. The wandered for who knows how long and I have always been under the impression it is his linenage that Islam began. I could be totally wrong but thats the way I've always been led to believe.

The more I think though i believe the Moby Dick idea is more likely. Think im gonna stop listening so much to the savage nation
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I think you're reaching pretty far on this one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#6]
he did kinda sound like he was off his meds tonight....prolly have a guest host tommorrow
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I think you're reaching pretty far on this one.

No, no, no. Didn't you get the memo? We NEED to find a connection between the shooter and Islam!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was an english major afterall

Then you think he might have used the same spelling in Moby Dick... but he did not.

Whatever his reasoning I doubt it had anything to do with Moby Dick, we will probably never know.

Muslims are not too common in South Korea Christian and Buddhist are the 2 major religions.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 6:09:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's a breakdown on South Korean religious affiliation from a decade ago.

Religious Affiliation, Censuses
1995 1985
No Religion 49.3% 57.4
Christian 26.3% 20.7
Protestant 19.7% 16.1
Catholic 6.6% 4.6
Buddhist 23.2% 19.9
Confucian 0.5% 1.2
Other 0.7% 0.8
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#10]
49% no religion.....didnt expect that
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Listening to the babble on television, I get the idea that the guy had created an alternate identity, "Ax Ishmael".  Tired of being the social inept loner who doesn't speak to anyone and gets rejected by all the girls, he transforms himself.  He is now in control of the campus, getting revenge for all the perceived wrongs on behalf of his "children, brothers and sisters".  In reality he has no children or brothers, he speaks metaphorically on behalf of the subjugated nerd class.  On his home videos he throws in some references to Jesus... he believes he's sacrificing himself.  Ax Ishmael, king of the nerds.  This whole thing was his last big play, or performance art display.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Listening to the babble on television, I get the idea that the guy had created an alternate identity, "Ax Ishmael".  Tired of being the social inept loner who doesn't speak to anyone and gets rejected by all the girls, he transforms himself.  He is now in control of the campus, getting revenge for all the perceived wrongs on behalf of his "children, brothers and sisters".  In reality he has no children or brothers, he speaks metaphorically on behalf of the subjugated nerd class.  On his home videos he throws in some references to Jesus... he believes he's sacrificing himself.  Ax Ishmael, king of the nerds.  This whole thing was his last big play, or performance art display.

yep, sounds about right to me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 6:35:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION: Abraham as in the "Old Testament". He slept with a servent (Hagar) and she had Ishmial. There was a big fight and Ishamial was forced to leave after he told Jacob (i think) that he was going to kill him.

He is a deranged lunatic, with no coherent religion...

He rails against Christians, then compares himself to Christ...

Those of you digging for an Islamic angle on this will not find one... Sorry, NOT TERRORISIM, hate to disappoint all of you 'It will happen, Islamics will shoot up our schools' folks....

The only people who shoot up schools in the US so far are American loonies...

Not terrorists...
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I am sure he visited a church at some point in his life and he said "Christ" in his video rants, soooo, in keeping with the liberal standards of journalism, it will be reported by the MSM that he is a fundementalist Christian, thus fulfiling the liberal's view of Christians as the biggest threat in America.

Just wait.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top