Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2007 4:14:23 PM EDT
What do you predict as a result of this massacre in terms of gun control?   Will we be seeing any bans?  Increased restrictions?  No changes?  Perhaps even a weakening of gun control as far as where CCW is allowed?  What do you think?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:22:12 PM EDT
[#1]

Perhaps even a weakening of gun control as far as where CCW is allowed?

This is my choice.

This needs to be a poll.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:28:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Mattman42,

Outside of Virginia running in circles, pandering to the "anti-" crowd, and of course tightening their laws and regulations concerning honest gun shops, nothing much.  Just more grist for the idiotic media mill...  Just support GOA, NRA-ILA, and anybody that's pro-gun...

Carter
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a real wake-up call.   The mythology of gun control is being exposed in the most dramatic way possible.

Gun control falls flat on its face,  dead with a bullet in the back of the head,  the first time
and every time a criminal or whackjob decides that he isn't going to obey the laws that
say he can't carry or use a gun.

We've already known this for a long time now.  Suddenly the antis are figuring it out.

Sarah Brady and ALL of her fellow antis now have the blood of 32 MORE innocent civilians on their hands as a result of the laws that this bunch of idiots managed to get passed.

And they know it.  And they hate it.   And maybe, just maybe, they're figuring out that
what they want will NEVER work and any attempt to MAKE it work only makes things worse.

CJ
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:32:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's a real wake-up call.   The mythology of gun control is being exposed in the most dramatic way possible.

Gun control falls flat on its face,  dead with a bullet in the back of the head,  the first time
and every time a criminal or whackjob decides that he isn't going to obey the laws that
say he can't carry or use a gun.

We've already known this for a long time now.  Suddenly the antis are figuring it out.

Sarah Brady and ALL of her fellow antis now have the blood of 32 MORE innocent civilians on their hands as a result of the laws that this bunch of idiots managed to get passed.

And they know it.  And they hate it.   And maybe, just maybe, they're figuring out that
what they want will NEVER work and any attempt to MAKE it work only makes things worse.

CJ

+1

I'm feeling a little optimistic on this one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:37:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Way too early to tell IMHO.  If I had to, I'd guess little to no change.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I think VA is going to get rid of the free kill zones, I really hope they get rid of that stupid law not allowing CCW carry in any restruant that services alcohol(Which brings up issues with a lot of club shootings in Norfolk recently.)

Last year a law was enacted allowing people who carry conceals to drive onto school parking lots to drop off/pick up the kids, but you can not step outside of the car while armed. It is a step in the right direction.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#7]
For lack of a crystal ball , I voted for what I HOPE will happen , a "weakening" of gun control laws , which means a great STRENGTHENING of our cause. I really , REALLY hate that tragedies like this so quickly boil down to a gun control debate. One reason is that there are much more important things to attend to at such a time , like sending condolences/prayers to the families of the fallen and to the VTech community. The other main reason is that a debate over such a heavy issue at times like these invariably sparks outcries based solely on emotion , which does not help us. Unfortunately , an outraged nation full of sheep would rather hear "Let's ban high capacity super tactical evil student murdering 'clips'" at times like these , regardless of the facts , than to hear "If the students all had the option of going armed, the situation could have been ended sooner". It matters not that the latter statement is the only TRUE one.

Anyway , sorry for the rant , but in short , I hope that the voice of reason based upon fact will prevail.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:27:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Way too early to tell IMHO.  If I had to, I'd guess little to no change.  

+1
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:46:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I voted little to no change.  If anything maybe there will be better reporting of mental health issues.  It is stunning to see that this wack job had a court order against him and NICS did not know about it.  He should have lit up like a Christmas tree when the NICS check was run.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top