Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2007 2:25:03 PM EDT
I was watching Fox news and they played a blurb by a Virginia congressman (a Democrat of course) who called for an end to the handgun violence.  I'm not sure what his exact words were but they were something to the effect like "no matter the political pressure" yada yada...."we must get rid of the guns".

It was the first time that I really felt like those "elected representatives" would try to pass a law that would start the widespread confiscation of guns.

It's coming sooner or later

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#1]
and i like pie
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Sooner's better than later. I ain't gettin' any younger here.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:27:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm ready, Come and get them!!!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:27:14 PM EDT
[#4]
pack / rifle
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:28:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine are all loaded packed up and ready.  

Stop by and pick them up anytime.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#7]
..tragic boating accident

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:35:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm here for the botd
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:39:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

When you think it is time to bury them, it is in fact time to dig them up. - Ancient ARFCOM proverb
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:40:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Persian, come and claim them.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#12]
sadly it will not be the fuckstick on cspan who shows up to do the deed either.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#13]

I just had a revelation....they are coming to get them!  

They can try...
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I sold all my guns at the gun show and spent the money at the strip club doing lines off a hooker's ass.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:45:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It was your fault you hit me. My boat sank too, and then my dog drowned.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Persian, come and claim them.

THIS IS LES BOS!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:47:39 PM EDT
[#17]

I sold all my guns at the gun show and spent the money at the strip club doing lines off a hooker's ass.

Plan B.
Plan A............I aint gett'n any younger
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#18]
The congressman needs to consider the math.

Recently I read that the FBI estimates that roughly one half of the US population owns one or more firearms. Roughly 150,000,000. Assume that 95% of those are little old ladies, fudds and other assorted individuals that will march lock step with whatever edict comes down the pike. That leaves 7.5 million "absolutists" who decline to knuckle under. Assume 95% of the absolutists bury their firearms, leaving 375,000 Americans retaining their arms and refusing to abandon their second amendment rights. Now assume that each and every one of these citizens is accosted by law enforcement and only 5% of them manage to prevail or at least manage a tie.

That's 18,750 gun grabbers kaput. With 3,000 US casualties in Iraq, the dems are seriously trying to bail. I think the people in power, no matter what they yap in public, have considered this, or at least I hope they would. This indicates to me the likelihood of restrictions on new firearms, the purchase of ammunition, magazines, etc., but no attempt to confiscate. Which suggests the purchase of magazines, spare parts and tools for maintenance, and ammunition and reloading supplies would be prudent.

If you find the Congressman's email, post it, and I'll send the bitch my address.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Okay,

Do you actually think they'll send people to your door to pick them up?

No, that's not how you do things.  You slowly regulate to the point that legally owning one is such a hassle or too expensive that most give them up on their own.

I'm not suggesting that it's a "They're knocking at my door! Come and get them @-holes!

NO, what I'm saying is I think this along with future incidents will start a snowball effect of more and more and more and more and moreand more and moreand more and moreand more and moreand more and moreand more and moreand more and moreand more and moreand more and moreand more and moreand more and moreand more and moreand more and moreand more and more

GUN LAWS.

Because we all know that MORE laws will work better.

Here's the logic.   Pass a law.  Then pass a law that says you must obey the law you just passed.  Then pass a law that addresses the law that enforces the law that was passed in order to ...........ahhhhhhh, it's just too complicated.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:03:02 PM EDT
[#20]
I would much rather fight it out with them when I am 35, than when I am 40+.....
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I hear what you're saying, but who's going first?  You?  OK.  Who's behind you?  

Why hasn't it already happened?  We're already way past the point tossing the tea into the harbor over a 5% tax.  Its a pipe dream.  The Founding Fathers warned us what would happen, but we missed the que.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Okay,

Do you actually think they'll send people to your door to pick them up?

No, that's not how you do things.  You slowly regulate to the point that legally owning one is such a hassle or too expensive that most give them up on their own.

I'm not suggesting that it's a "They're knocking at my door! Come and get them @-holes!

NO, what I'm saying is I think this along with future incidents will start a snowball effect of more and more and more and more and moreand more and moreand more and moreand more and moreand more and moreand more and moreand more and moreand more and moreand more and moreand more and moreand more and moreand more and moreand more and moreand more and more

GUN LAWS.

Because we all know that MORE laws will work better.

Here's the logic.   Pass a law.  Then pass a law that says you must obey the law you just passed.  Then pass a law that addresses the law that enforces the law that was passed in order to ...........ahhhhhhh, it's just too complicated.

Given your screen name I will hazard a guess at your employment,
Will you choose a paycheck or the constitustion ?
Work for tyranny or liberty?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:11:22 PM EDT
[#23]
You have to wonder what is going on behind closed doors of those on the left. Are they ready to try full on legislation to ban them all now (Handguns, Assault rifles, .50's and anything else they deem evil to the function of their world view). Or do they still have in the back of their minds what happened in 1994 with Congress and know that the repercussions at the polls would be disasterous for them? They have to realize that a move into "The ban zone" would be a political mishap on their part.

I still believe that they are going to try and move on something right now (in the next few weeks) that will be a small symbolic step and wait for 2008 to move more in full force. They can always refer back to this and other tragedies as a referance point of trying to make the people understanding that the firearms that are controlled, by what ever expanding measures they come up with, will allow the people of this country to be safe.

Or then again, maybe we get another Republican President and Congress and we won't see any moves down the road to further restrictions on firearms. These next couple of months and years will be quite interesting politically.

On a side note, it was good to see the Supreme court rule in favor of conservatives in the partial birth abortion decision today. It gives me hope that they could also make a possible future ruling in favor of gun rights.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

+1 and with my bad knee, I'm not running anywhere.

Good thing I'm a good shot.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:41:09 PM EDT
[#25]
If this country did lower itself as low as gun confiscation, I would have to resort to drive by spearing. You know how hard it is to drive and chuck a spear at the same time.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:19:02 PM EDT
[#26]
height=8
Quoted:
If this country did lower itself as low as gun confiscation, I would have to resort to drive by spearing. You know how hard it is to drive and chuck a spear at the same time.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:35:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#29]
So, when the laws that make current gun owners into criminals will YOU enforce those laws?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Of course you realize, this means war....

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:00:25 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Ya, I know.... But at least a spear is a one hander!

Trying to hold my bow full drawn with the arrow on the rest while not banging and slamming into the curb is a total bitch!

Since they want to ban guns and ammo, might have to all back to bayonet!  Lock - Walk and Give them a Shock!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:08:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:35:02 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm too old to fight, I'm too fat to run and I'm not leaving alone.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I'm ready, Come and get them!!!!

+1
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#35]
what are these guns things you people keep referring to?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:44:59 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ya, I know.... But at least a spear is a one hander!

Trying to hold my bow full drawn with the arrow on the rest while not banging and slamming into the curb is a total bitch!

Since they want to ban guns and ammo, might have to all back to bayonet!  Lock - Walk and Give them a Shock!

BIGGER_HAMMER

Its only hard if you don't have a convertible or jeep.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:46:56 PM EDT
[#37]
I'll be at home.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:52:32 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Convertible or hardtop?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:18:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Before "widespread confiscation" there will be;
waiting periods, limits on quantity purchased, limits on magazine capacity, limits who can own guns and what types, increased taxes on guns, increased taxes on ammo, limits on amount of ammo that can be in your posession, licenses, hoops, encouraging voluntary turn in, encouraging turning in gun owners, rewards for doing so, and about a dozen other things, in conjunction with a few more violent incidents, natural disasters, the constant negative media attitude, hell freezing over,
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:03:02 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:05:35 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Recently I read that the FBI estimates that roughly one half of the US population owns one or more firearms. Roughly 150,000,000. Assume that 95% of those are little old ladies, fudds and other assorted individuals that will march lock step with whatever edict comes down the pike. That leaves 7.5 million "absolutists" who decline to knuckle under. Assume 95% of the absolutists bury their firearms, leaving 375,000 Americans retaining their arms and refusing to abandon their second amendment rights. Now assume that each and every one of these citizens is accosted by law enforcement and only 5% of them manage to prevail or at least manage a tie.

That's 18,750 gun grabbers kaput. With 3,000 US casualties in Iraq, the dems are seriously trying to bail. I think the people in power, no matter what they yap in public, have considered this, or at least I hope they would. This indicates to me the likelihood of restrictions on new firearms, the purchase of ammunition, magazines, etc., but no attempt to confiscate. Which suggests the purchase of magazines, spare parts and tools for maintenance, and ammunition and reloading supplies would be prudent.

If you find the Congressman's email, post it, and I'll send the bitch my address.

Back in the mid-'90s, during the terror of the Clinton Regime, a gun rag (IIRC, Shooting Times) posted a much more dire article than your numbers indicate.  One HUGE point you are leaving out is the number of present and former <highly trained and many battle-hardened> military guys, and also the number of LEOs who would be on our side.  The article was published and copied/sent to many Congresscritters--and caused quite a stir at the time.  

Bottom line--a full-scale ban/confiscation will NOT happen.  

I don't believe it - I would like to - I think the "troops" would all fall into line, just obeying orders
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#42]
I hope THEY hurry  cause I need to get to bed.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:14:10 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Back in the mid-'90s, during the terror of the Clinton Regime, a gun rag (IIRC, Shooting Times) posted a much more dire article than your numbers indicate.  One HUGE point you are leaving out is the number of present and former <highly trained and many battle-hardened> military guys, and also the number of LEOs who would be on our side.  The article was published and copied/sent to many Congresscritters--and caused quite a stir at the time.  

Bottom line--a full-scale ban/confiscation will NOT happen.  

I don't believe it - I would like to - I think the "troops" would all fall into line, just obeying orders

I doubt those that even halfway support the second ammendment would "fall in line" as you say.  Would you want to enforce a law that you didnt agree with that you knew hundreds of thousands of people would die to oppose it.  I think a good percentage of the LEO community would sit that one out.  We would then be left with the dipshits that are the only "profeshunal enough" ones to carry guns.  Maybe it will be my lucky day and theyll send the idiot who shot himself in the school to get mine, he would stand up for my rights for me and shoot himself again with an "unloaded" gun.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 12:40:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Neither. I had to save my money to stock up on sticks, rocks, and string. I was thinking when they ban spears, I would have all the right components and still be legal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top