Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2001 2:06:21 PM EDT
Don't get me wrong - Michael Jordan is simply the greatest player ever to play the game of basketball.

But ENUF ALREADY.

Its always a little sickening to see an athlete stay too long at the party.

We need legislation that you can only retire twice from a single profession. MJ Fox is like the same deal (What's the deal with people with the initials of "MJ???" I think I'm on to something here.)

Does Jordan need the money?? Or is he trying to re-coup the money he lost in a bad investment(i.e. buying the Washington Wizz's) If he plays well, the teams stock price goes up, and then he can bail on them.

Is he like attention starved??? Can't he just buy a play-thing babe to tell him how wonderful he is, or pay 15,000 people $50 each to fill an NBA arena and chant his name for 15 minutes??

I was in awe of his ability a few years ago. Now, awe has turned to aw-ful.

Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#1]
MJ proves there are lots of marginal players in the NBA.  Even at his "advanced" age and diminished level of skill, he is still a better draw than most of his peers.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:10:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, it is pitiful he is coming back...AGAIN.

He should at least look for advice on how all comebacks should be like from Mario Lemeiux ([b]THE[/b] greatest ever).  

Don't be suprised for this "comeback" from MJ to be one of the saddest things you'll ever see.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess he must have gambled all of his money away so he needs more now.  He is like a wart that keeps coming back. [NI]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:16:40 PM EDT
[#4]
screw him, I could care less about the "elite". His whole retirement and comeback was probably planned years ago by some fat white toupee wearing PoS.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:21:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I think it's less about money and more about the fact that he just wants to play again.  It's in his blood, and not playing is probably hell for him.  It would be like not shooting for us.  The last time, when he retired from the bulls, it was because he knew that Phil Jackson wouldn't come back to the Bulls.  I think he now realizes that was a bad idea.  And say what you want about him, but at least he's always been a class act, which seems so rare among the sports superstars of today.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:23:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Sure, trash my [i]Religon[/i].  [;)]

I'm not much of a [s]Bullets[/s] Buzzards (Wizzards) fan, because they suck.  But I now might go see a few games because of MJ.  He may not be awesome but I can just about guarantee he will be better than most of the players out there.

Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:25:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You guys. he is coming back to DONATE HIS ENTIRE SALARY TO CHARITY OF WTC VICTIMS DONT BE SO CRITICAL OF PEOPLE.
View Quote

Uhhh.  NO.  He was going to come back anyway.  He doesn't give a rats ass about a salary and after 911 happened...  he will give his 1 mill salary to the Charity.

Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:28:19 PM EDT
[#9]
My guess is he is coming back not because he loves to play but he loves the attention.  Probably couldn't stand to see Tiger Woods getting all the pub.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:34:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Screw MJ and all other pro sports.  All it is about is screwwing taxpayers and counties out of their money to build new arenas and stadiums so team owners can get even richer.  I can't believe Americans flock to their TVs every Sunday to watch a bunch of overpaid assholes chase a ball.  Get outside, go hiking or fishing or better yet, shooting.  I hope ya'll know where your money is going when you go to the mall and purchase team jersies.  If you want to watch sports where the players care for the game then go to your local high school.  Buy the way, I'm from Texas and I HATE to hear the f*cking Cowdicks called "America's Team".  If you don't already know America has 4 teams and they are the Air Force, Army, Navy, and the Marines.  Screw pro sports and all the hero worshiping fags that make pro sports popular.  Nascar is excluded from this rant.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:38:17 PM EDT
[#11]
like the klinton gang and guillini, it is time for mj to go.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:41:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, he probably does love the game.  He gave up his interest in the Wizards to play.  He did donate his salary to charity, so that's a good thing.

On the other hand, he is working with Nike to produce the latest 'Air Jordan' with its $200 price tag...

Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#13]
What unclesam said!!!! But NASCAR is there too now, sorry. I blame that little wuss Jeff Gordon.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:51:20 PM EDT
[#14]
The guy is just bored.  Someone should introduce him to the shooting sports!
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:52:25 PM EDT
[#15]
The entire NBA may cease to exist, and I will not shed a tear. The MOST assholes per square inch of ANY professional sport, and the most boring this side of soccer.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks eric dude.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The guy is just bored.  Someone should introduce him to the shooting sports!
View Quote

I bet Karl Malone could do it.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:09:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Miss Cleo said that Wilt Chamberlain has been talking about making a comeback too.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:16:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:17:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Miss Cleo said that Wilt Chamberlain has been talking about making a comeback too.
View Quote

his stretched-out tall ass better watch it or I'll consider giving him a run for his [b]record[/b]! (if I'd get off the PC long enough!)
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:27:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Stubbs,

I used to listen to the radio, enthralled as Mario Lemieux skated down on the Rangers, past all opposition and buried the puck in the net.  
As for the greatest in hockey, I think that Gretzky still has the claim on the Greatest.  A 175lb anorexic who more or less single-handedly brought the NHL out of the goon era.  Lemieux had the entire package except for durability.  Should've had more Frankie Leroux types around.

As for MJ, I used to hate the guy, since he seemed like and arrogant prick of a sellout.  I particularly disliked how Jordan and Pippen went out of their way to humiliate Kukoc in the Olympics.  But my dislike of the guy vanished forever the night I saw him pour in 55 points against the Knicks while stricken with the flu.  A camera shot of Jordan on the bench showed him collecting himself, semi-comatose with rivers of sweat pouring down his face.  

Look, the guy is just good.  If he wants to skip rocks across the water at kids in pedal boats, I would just ask him to please cut it out.  As a fella who is fast closing in on 30, I wish him ALL SPEED (that he can muster).  

Well, I guess Michael Jackson's not too bad.  I particularly appreciate the Jackson 5 Christmas Special Album.  Then, it's off to hear Slayer play at the Salem armory.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#23]
If you don't like it, ignore him...he has the right to do whatever is possible for him.  I am not a big NBA fan, so I won't be paying much attention to his comeback, but hey, this is America.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:39:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Stubbs,

I think that Gretzky still has the claim on the Greatest.
View Quote

Bobby Orr would have cleaned his clock on a daily basis, and Gretsky couldn't have scored 50 goals against the goalies of the early seventies.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#25]
        [puke]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:08:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Here's another vote for being sick of "pro" sports. Yeah, there are some real athletes there. But in general, I lost my interest back in the '70s. Here's a list of sell-outs I do not support:
Pro sports (football, baseball, basketball)
College/Corporate America sports (the Nebraska Nike team, Sonoma Snickers candy bar team,  Prudential bowl, the [s]Ar15.com[/s] bowl - we can always dream!, etc.)
Too many more to name.

Here's a corporate, non-sport sell-out while I'm at it:
HARLEY YUPPIE DAVIDSON
I don't care who wets their pants over this stuff anymore, I don't want taxpayer money spent moving these teams around, building new fields, etc. Let the owners and teams spend their OWN money. What a ripoff!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top