Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/18/2007 6:36:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 6:37:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 6:42:05 AM EDT
[#2]
That was one of my 3 main lessons learned so far this morning.

1.  Don't wear a Glock hat after you sell one that was used in a killing spree.  Basic PR, you know?!

2.  Sadly, this should put the Tuppergun/"9mm is for wimps" debate to rest.

3.  Prisons are the most weapons-controlled places in the US, yet prisoners still manage to get stabbed.

(and 4. Are people going to blame a band as benign as Collective Soul for inspiring this lunatic.  I don't know if I'll be able to listen to Shine without thinking about him)
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 6:43:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 6:43:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Rule number ONE is DON'T TALK TO THE MEDIA AT ALL.

PERIOD.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 6:43:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This thread is useless w/o pics...

Thank you...
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 6:44:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Needs more cowbell!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 6:44:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:48:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:13:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

PERIOD.

ever.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:40:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:45:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

PERIOD.

Yeah, that's the best policy.

If you don't say anything then you can't say anything stupid.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:47:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I agree that he shouldn't have talked to 'em, but I see nothing wrong with the hat.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:49:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This thread is useless w/o pics...

FoxNews --- for all your viewing pleasure.

But..but....but...we're boycotting foxnews cause of Geraldo....aren't we?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:49:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Is it just me, or should he NOT have been wearing the Glock cap he had on

I said the same thing to my wife this morning!

Lose the hat!!! It's bad form!.....

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:49:47 AM EDT
[#15]
For FFL's everywhere, I'm glad the guy did everything correctly and "by the book".

yeah, the Glock hat wasn't the best choice IMO, but at least the owner's no bumbling fool.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:51:42 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

PERIOD.

ever.

It amazes me how people just CANNOT follow this simple piece of advice.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:57:39 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Weren't there as many wounded as dead? 50% kill ratio?

(Am I going to hell for this?)
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#18]
At least he wasn't wearing his Walther windbreaker.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:04:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Could someone please tell me what Collective Soul has to do with this? I must have missed something.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#20]
The way I see it. The gun transaction was %100 legal, every I dotted, every T crossed. The dealer responed to BATF in less than 24 hours with all the data. People would have loved to made the dealer the whipping boy but they can't. Good for him. Although  I'd declined comment, it takes alot of courage to allow the media to feast on your hide. Just goes to further place the blame where it belongs, with the shooter.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:07:08 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PERIOD.

ever.

You're right. It's much better to NOT get your side of the story aired.  
When I go to interview people and they give me the snub, guess what? The story goes to print anyway and generally the "no comment" people wind up looking like they've got something to hide.

Get over this middle-school persecution complex.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:13:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Looks like they caught him getting in/out of his car. I'm sure he didn't wear that hat on purpose for the cameras.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:15:19 AM EDT
[#23]

Roanoke Firearms store owner John Markell poses outside his shop in Roanoke, Virginia,
17 April 2007. The owner of the store where gunman Cho Seung-hui bought one of the
pistols used in Monday's US university shooting said he feels numb over the tragedy, but
not responsible. LINK

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PERIOD.

ever.

Yup.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:17:16 AM EDT
[#25]
He should hang his head in shame because he buys, sells and uses implements of mass destruction.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:21:26 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
www3.turkishpress.com/i-u/SGE.QDN66.180407162040.photo00.quicklook.default-163x245.jpg

Roanoke Firearms store owner John Markell poses outside his shop in Roanoke, Virginia,
17 April 2007. The owner of the store where gunman Cho Seung-hui bought one of the
pistols used in Monday's US university shooting said he feels numb over the tragedy, but
not responsible. LINK

This guy should get a lawyer, stay out of sight, and STFU until this story is off the front page. He is not helping us or himself with that interview.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
He should hang his head in shame because he buys, sells and uses implements of mass destruction.

To quote Geraldo, it's "personal weapons of mass destruction"

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#28]
The gunman is dead but the media is still looking for someone to hang!

Don't talk to the press!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:29:38 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PERIOD.

ever.

When I go to interview people and they give me the snub, guess what? The story goes to print anyway and generally the "no comment" people wind up looking like they've got something to hide.

I don't have a middle school persecution complex.  I DO have 23+ years of dealing with the media. "His side of the story" will be twisted beyond all recognition.  I don't care if he's a gun shop owner, a deli worker, or a school teacher. It will invariably happen  (Note the specific pic showing the gun)  Media personnel are self-serving filth until proven otherwise. (very unlikely)  Pure and simple.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#30]
I would gladly buy a gun from that guy just because of what the media is doing to him, he sold a gun legally to someone so I think he fulfilled his obligations.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:49:56 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www3.turkishpress.com/i-u/SGE.QDN66.180407162040.photo00.quicklook.default-163x245.jpg

not responsible. LINK

This guy should get a lawyer, stay out of sight, and STFU until this story is off the front page. He is not helping us or himself with that interview.  

You got that right

"Hey dumbass with the GROCK hat on......STFU!"

(uh oh, did I just pull an Imus?)
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Just watched it.  Wow, that did not go well at all.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:09:37 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

not responsible. LINK

Just heard a radio report that said

"The shop the guns were bought in has a history of ......(yada yada, something).......this is the 5th time a gun from this shop has been used in a murder."

Place your bets now on how long this shop will stay open.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:19:28 AM EDT
[#34]
height=8
Quoted:
Could someone please tell me what Collective Soul has to do with this? I must have missed something.

About as much as the Glock hat had to do with it,

He had a couple days to think about this and after the ATF guys grilling him, I'm bettin the reporters were not much more than a minor inconvenience.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:21:01 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Typical media-puke attitude. Truth isn't what your after. Just selling your story right?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Glock hat, but in that picture, he's got a 1911 strapped to his hip.  +1 for him.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:34:10 AM EDT
[#37]
I tend to disagree.  

He obviously wears the hat regularly.  

The sale was legal.  He followed the law.  

Why should he have to change what he does because of what the nutjob did?  

He still sells Glocks I'm sure.  Would you have him pull Glocks from the shelf until this blows over?  Close the store?  

He probably should have just declined the interview, but I can't blame him for doing it either.  I would want everyone to know that I followed the law and it wasn't my fault the guy got the gun because I did something wrong.  

What if the nut killed 30 people with a Chevy, should the Chevy dealer take down their sign?  

You guys are falling into their trap.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
snip

He may have a Glock hat on, but that looks like a 1911 on his hip.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#39]
OK here it is...

This is the real problem...

Cho had had previous stalking offense against him on campus along with other reports against him..

Campus security at most colleges and University keep these records internal and do not bring in the local police in these cases. (Its a problem in this NH to). It keeps the actual crime rate down in the area. Besides its keeping special people out of jail.

Since the local police were never notified and that the incident were not recorded as official complaints. An official  restraining order was never submitted to Cho and placed in a file as part of a domestic issue that would in most states flagged an application for a background check in purchasing a gun. Then denying the application for a gun purchase..

The libs will try to hide this fact from the media...

Campus police(A.K.A. Campus security) is responsible for the loophole that allowed Cho to purchase the weapons at the gun store.

It also would have flagged the police since in some states you have to show an ID to purchase ammo.

Whirrrrr.... Grindddd... Whirrrrrrrrrr.....

Is that the sounds of a shredder?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
snip

He may have a Glock hat on, but that looks like a 1911 on his hip.

These ain't Pearl handles...pearl handles is what you'd find on a pimp in a New Orleans whore house. -- Patton

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:05:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:14:55 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
OK here it is...

This is the real problem...

Cho had had previous stalking offense against him on campus along with other reports against him..

Campus security at most colleges and University keep these records internal and do not bring in the local police in these cases. (Its a problem in this NH to). It keeps the actual crime rate down in the area. Besides its keeping special people out of jail.

Since the local police were never notified and that the incident were not recorded as official complaints. An official  restraining order was never submitted to Cho and placed in a file as part of a domestic issue that would in most states flagged an application for a background check in purchasing a gun. Then denying the application for a gun purchase..

The libs will try to hide this fact from the media...

Campus police(A.K.A. Campus security) is responsible for the loophole that allowed Cho to purchase the weapons at the gun store.

It also would have flagged the police since in some states you have to show an ID to purchase ammo.

Whirrrrr.... Grindddd... Whirrrrrrrrrr.....

Is that the sounds of a shredder?

Hmmm...interesting.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:21:10 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PERIOD.

ever.

The problem is that too many media types distort the statements of people who are on the 'other side of the fence' from them.  In 14 years of being a cop, I have yet to see an incident I was involved in reported correctly, and I have seen many statements distorted or taken out of context to further the agenda of the reporter.  If the media truly reported both sides of any issue objectively, your argument might have merit.  The way things are, I agree with the folks who say that nothing you don't say can be taken out of context or twisted and used against you.  'No comment' isn't the smart move for government entities most of the time, but it can definitely be the lesser of two evils for a private citizen.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#45]
i have bought 2 .45,s from that guy, Roanoke firearms is a great place.as to the hat, maybe they caught him by surprise ,he was in his car.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:26:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:29:48 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

not responsible. LINK

Just heard a radio report that said

"The shop the guns were bought in has a history of ......(yada yada, something).......this is the 5th time a gun from this shop has been used in a murder."

Place your bets now on how long this shop will stay open.

this shop has high volume sales! 5th time? over how many years? he,s been selling guns in the same spot for 20 years?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:30:11 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Weren't there as many wounded as dead? 50% kill ratio?

(Am I going to hell for this?)

And most were multiple hits.

If he had stopped 32 charging Moro warriors, it might prove something.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I highly doubt that. Not to make light of the situation, but each vitim was shot at least three times, and some survived.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:46:52 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Winner!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top