Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2001 12:36:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Answers to your questions:

1)Good. The Co. is easy to work with.
2)I think so. I have purchased kits from them in the past and everything worked fine.
3)Still working up loads at this time.
4)Every thing you need in in the kit, expect the lower.
5)Good.  I have owned most of the makes out there.  All have their problems, some good some bad. I have had Olys., Bushmasters, Colts, DPMS, and a few "off" brands that I could not wait to get rid of and some that I would not part with.

I have even put together a gun just as you have described, Oly lower and Model one kit.  Love the gun, it shoots well and never has had a jam .
Hope this helps.
Now that you have me thinking, I think I will build another one like this.
Bill
Simper Fi
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:57:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:17:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I have used Model 1's 20" HBAR kits.  The ones that I assembled were excellent, no complaints.  Model 1's barrels are [b]not chrome lined[/b] like Bushmasters, if that is a big deal to you.  

For a removable carry handle, check the Equipment Exchange.  I see them there quite often.  I personally don't use the removable carry handles.  I have flat-tops with optics and I have fixed handles.  I have different upper for different purposes.  

OSA

Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#4]
FWIW: I bought an A2 upper only from Model 1 Sales.  Some surface imperfections (teeny dent here and there) and color didn't quite match my bushy lower.  Put a little oil on it and it matches fine.  The fit is perfect when matched with the bushy lower.

I've had no problems with my m4'gery "with character"
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:31:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I built a Model 1 Sales 20" kit with carry handle two years ago on a DPMS lower.  All parts were included and the kit went together with ease.  No problems ever and it was CHEAP.  Whole setup only set me back $480.00 US.

One curious thing though.  I was told (by Model 1 Sales) that they made the current issue military M16 and this was the same production run 'with a chrome lined barrel'.  I have no way of confirming or denying this claim so does anyone know the truth?  I’m satisfied with the rifle especially for what I paid but was I misled?

[:\]
(Edited to get the smiley right - fat fingered the slash AGAIN!)
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#6]
My Model 1 kit worked fine.  Parts all fit, upper was fully assembled & headspaced.  I call it a frankengun, but it's no piece of crap.  I can bench a 1" group at 100 yards with iron sights.  No the barrel isn't chrome lined, but I consider that a plus.  

Norm  
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 5:24:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I put together a 16" kit from them. I actually ended up buying a complete bushmaster lower and putting the model 1 sales upper on it.  It was during the big 1999 assault rifle crunch, they sold it to me without a bolt.  I purchased one elsewhere and put it together, works great.  Only had a problem once because of a bad magazine that was gummed up inside and wouldn't feed rounds fast enough.  Finish is good, after putting a light coat of oil on it.  Shoots good.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 5:28:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I've put together 5 of their kits. 1 Pre-Ban 16", 2 Post-Ban 16" and 2 Post-Ban 20". Absolutely no complaints. I have two more DPMS Lowers to build up. Will order my kits from Model 1 Sales again when I am ready.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:26:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#10]
iNuhBaDNayburhood, from what I understand the barrels are chrome-moly (sp?) they are not stainless but will not rust very easily.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top