Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2001 12:00:58 PM EDT
Guys,

I am about ready to get rid of all of my golf crap, and get back into shooting.

I used to shoot IPSC in Houston, and did so with essentially a 'STOCK' .45.

Now that IDPA is the game in town, can any of you give me any info on where I can go shoot in and around the Des Moines, Iowa area?

Thanks,
Sir Hacksalot
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 12:49:20 PM EDT
[#1]
You're in luck.  NLSI in Ankeny runs IDPA the third Sunday of every month (I think, give them a call).  Boone Valley Sportsmans Club runs one the first Sunday of the month.  Ames Izaak Walton League runs a match the second Satruday of the month.  I've shot all three, I help run the Ames match.  Ankeny is generally the nicest set up - indoors, lots of bells and whistles.  I think its runs about $12.00. Boone and Ames are both outside.  Boone occasionally runs a three gun match. In Ames we generally keep things pretty simple.  And cheap, $5.  Osceola, south of Des Moines still runs IPSC, but I've never shot there myself.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top