Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2007 5:47:28 PM EDT
Help!  I will be in D.C. on Friday, June 22nd and the reservations for that evening's performance by the Silent Drill Platoon are already closed.  The website states that people are allowed in if there is room after those with reservations are seated.  Do any of you know if the odds are any good about getting in then?  I would go to the Tuesday performance, but I'm leaving that morning.  

And ideas???

Your Marine Lovin' Librarian!
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 5:48:58 PM EDT
[#1]
NBC used to show that every July 4th,on the Today Show,do they still?
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Yuo should be OK. Its early parade season and the general public doesnt get excited till it gets warm out.

Unless they have a big group reserved for some reason.

91-95 SDT
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Call your the office of your Congressional Representative. He can get you seats in the VIP section. They will do it for any constituent that asks. They love that shit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yuo should be OK. Its early parade season and the general public doesnt get excited till it gets warm out.

Unless they have a big group reserved for some reason.

91-95 SDT

Well, there will be 99,999 other librarians there, but I doubt that there will be lots of us there.  (Most will probably be picketing at the White House or some shit. )

Have you been before?  Can you tell me more about it?
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Call your the office of your Congressional Representative. He can get you seats in the VIP section. They will do it for any constituent that asks. They love that shit.

No shit?
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit?

No shit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit?

No shit.

I just emailed him via his website.  I also asked for a White House tour, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Thanks, man!
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit?

No shit.

I just emailed him via his website.  I also asked for a White House tour, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Thanks, man!

Follow up with a phone call ASAP. Good luck and Semper Fi!.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit?

No shit.

Thanks, man!

Follow up with a phone call ASAP. Good luck and Semper Fi!.

He has an office here in town.  I may try to stop by there tomorrow and see where I get.  Thanks again for the info!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:53:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah  I marched with the SDT for 3 years. Send me an IM or email.

Coop
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:01:31 AM EDT
[#11]
My recuiter took us down to DC to see the SDT while on delayed entry. Very cool!

RIP SSgt. Smith.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:28:12 AM EDT
[#12]
UPDATE: Arfcom rocks!  The Congresscritter was able to get me two tickets to the parade as well as a tour of the Capital building.  Thanks for helping me out guys!  
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:17:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:51:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit?

Are you sure you're a Librarian? I thought your shit detectors were on all the time.  I know Ma Danby keeps hers on all the time when I am around.  I don't know why.  Some of her coworkers are starting to keep theirs on when I am around too.

ahem.

You should have a fairly good chance at getting in.  You're in between the Spring Break vacation season and the start of the Summer Vacation season.

You might also want to check out the Archives, when I was there in October they had a long line to see the Declaration and one just to see the new "What's in the Archives" exhibit or whatever they call it.  Lots of good hands on exhibits about the archives and all the neat things in there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top