Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2001 11:16:20 AM EDT
Just found out that the Army post I go deer hunting at has canceled all hunting this fall because of the "current situation". I guess a few more rifles on post was more than they could handle. Now I have to wait 'till next year.......
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 12:28:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Little known secret: Deer on army posts will be used for target practice with TOW missles. Surviving venison will be used for MRE's.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 1:28:48 PM EDT
[#2]
The ODNR just announced last Friday (9/28/01)that the Ravenna Arsenal deer hunt here in NE Ohio was to be cancelled for the same reasons.
Finnbear out
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:06:50 PM EDT
[#3]
The Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane Division, in southern Indiana has cancelled their annual deer hunt.  No problem since many  deer will move out of the over-populated property onto adjacent farmlands where we can hunt them.  Maybe not this year, but certainly next year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top