Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2001 10:53:37 AM EDT
Okay,
I've fallen into a chunk of change and I decided to us some of it to add to my collection. I can't decided weither or not to get either a Steyr AUG, or a .50cal of some sort. They're about the same price, and I know it's an apples and oranges kinda thing, but what would you guys go with?

On a Side note I am moving to North Canton Ohio next week....Home is where Good Year sends us.

[rail]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I would definately go with a .50.  I look to see
them banned next.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:57:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I agree with the kid... if you're definitely in a toss-up, get the .50 -- they're way more likely to be banned than the aug.

- CD
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, That's the reaason that I am thinking about the .50cal, but the thing that gives me pause is the AUG is already banned

[rail]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're moving to North Canton, buy a couple of nice bullseye pistols (a .22 and a .45) so you can shoot the matches at the Canton McKinley club.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope you're considering the Barrett mag fed .50

If you purchase SteyrAug, is his wife included?
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hell, what about his gun collection????
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 1:02:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Hell, what about his gun collection????
View Quote

If all of the above, then it's definitely a steal at twice the price!

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Armed Scientist:
Okay,
I've fallen into a chunk of change and I
View Quote

You will be audited.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't have an income so don't pay income taxes, thank god I don't have to deal with that yet.[:p]

If I go with the .50cal it would prolly be a Barrett, either the 95, or the 82A1.

I would be intrested about hearing more about the Canton Mckinley league, renamed. Are there rules to makes and models of pistols or just calibers.

Anyone here who owns either an AUG or a Barrett I would love to hear what you have to say

[rail]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 1:55:55 PM EDT
[#10]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#11]
AUG's are neat, but if history repeats itself and .50BMG's get re-classified as a destructive device or a Class III weapon and they cutoff civilian production, you'll be hard pressed to find the same Barrett you can find today for less than double what the current price is.  AUG's are already banned, and they won't have a dramatic increase in price any time soon.  The same cannot be said for the .50BMG.

The downside is that .50BMG ammo is probably going to get more expensive as well.

If it were my money, I'd go with the .50BMG.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#12]
go with the .50..more fun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top