Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2007 11:28:15 AM EDT
Jake Tapper, an ABC World News reporter who used to be a spokesperson for Sarah Brady and Handgun Control Inc. was on the news yeterday, telling the American public that there are NO background checks performed at gunshows.

I think we should all email ABC news and demand a correction to that report.  I do believe that he was letting his anti-gun bias show.

www.abcnews.com  ( I am too computer stupid to make this a hot link. )

On, by the way, I am not stupid enough to actually ABC new to either correct the story or discipline the reporter.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I was listening to Dennis miller on AM and he had the President of the brady bunch he was spouting equally erroneous info
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:33:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Paul Helmke?
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:34:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I think that was his name, It was hard to hear him with his head so far up his ass.

Dennis lost me at wanting to ban "9mm semi auto handguns with high capacity "clips" (spoken like they are poisonous to even hold)
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was listening to Dennis miller on AM and he had the President of the brady bunch he was spouting equally erronous info

It isn't erronious info, it is LIES.

They know damn well what they are saying.   If they can goad the people into fear, and into believing we need "just one more small commonsense law" on top of all the others, eventually they can bury us under a mountain of small bills instead of one big one.

Those fuckers waste no opportunity to gloat over tragedies like what happened at VT.  They have no conscience, or humanity.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:37:13 AM EDT
[#5]
you should hear NPR right now.

They keep bringing up other mass shootings from other nations. The US is under attack again from the world for our "cowboy culture". (and one idiot is even saying how much popular support there was for Australia's gun bans, and that this VT shooting shows that Australia needs EVEN MORE gun control (!))

One more reason we should have kept John Bolton as US Ambassador.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:37:15 AM EDT
[#6]
DO WE EVEN KNOW WHAT SIZE MAGAZINES HE USED, HELMKE??

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#7]
You must have meant to say "clips".

I was confused there for a second.

Quoted:
DO WE EVEN KNOW WHAT SIZE MAGAZINES HE USED, HELMKE??

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I sent them a nice little letter about ten minutes after the piece aired.  I turned off the TV when he started spewing that crap.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:58:46 AM EDT
[#9]
This morning I emailed ABC news a second time.  I told them that this probably would not have happened in the country of Israel.  Many Israeli citizens routinely carry firearms as they go about their daily business.  A few years ago, an Israeli mother taking her two children to elementary school, shot and killed a would be homicide bomber.  We will never know how many people that mom saved that day.  

What if a professor or student had been armed yesterday ?  I bet the body count would have been a lot lower.  

We, law abiding gun owners need to use this tragedy to push for concealed handgun laws that allow us to carry in colleges, schools, sports arenas, hospitals, etc.  In other words, we need to take a page form the Israeli playbook.

Medicguy
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 12:01:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Actually most regular Israelis do not carry guns at all.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 12:21:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I think that was his name, It was hard to hear him with his head so far up his ass.

Dennis lost me at wanting to ban "9mm semi auto handguns with high capacity "clips" (spoken like they are poisonous to even hold)

That's why dennis likes rudy.

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 12:31:18 PM EDT
[#12]
The news isn't news anymore it's entertainment and spin.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Never heard of him.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:30:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Jake Tapper, an ABC World FICTION reporter who used to be a spokesperson for Sarah Brady and Handgun Control Inc. was on the news yeterday, telling the American public that there are NO background checks performed at gunshows.

I think we should all email ABC FICTION and demand a correction to that report.  I do believe that he was letting his anti-gun bias show.

www.abcnews.com  ( I am too computer stupid to make this a hot link. )

On, by the way, I am not stupid enough to actually ABC new to either correct the story or discipline the reporter.

Fixed it for you
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Actually most regular Israelis do not carry guns at all.

What do you mean by MOST? Every time I was there - in the places I was at - they mostly DID have firearms. One time down at the dead sea I came upon a guy with a stack of M16s. I asked him what was he doing with them and he said he was holding them for a group of reservists. After some time about 35 high school kids showed up an they picked them up with their backpacks and left. Nice to see kids in civilian clothes with full auto M16s. And not one screwed around with them, They were just another item to have. Nothing more. Lastly, most Arab Israelis did not have firearms.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top