Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2001 6:39:05 AM EDT
Sad news for guns owners.

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A50253-2001Sep30.html[/url]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:48:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep.  This talks about the Washington DC/Baltimore area.

Oh well, once they shut down all the ranges we can always go into the city and practice driveby shootings!
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:57:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Yep. This talks about the Washington DC/Baltimore area.

Oh well, once they shut down all the ranges we can always go into the city and practice driveby shootings!
View Quote

Or you can joint us brothers here in VA...

Hey 7! what happened to that land buy idea in VA for a shooting range?
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:08:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, I'm buying too many toys and have no leftover $ for land. [:D]

I might look at buying land again in the future, but right now, it is not possible.

Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:10:54 AM EDT
[#4]
If people are complaining about the noise, then end the tax on allowing people putting mufflers on their guns.
Problem solved.  
c-rock
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:24:16 AM EDT
[#5]
How about an "enviromental impact tax" on these new subdivisions that would be used to purchase sound suppressors to give out free to the gun range users?

[i]Simple Solutions to Complex Problems[/i]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:43:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How about an "enviromental impact tax" on these new subdivisions that would be used to purchase sound suppressors to give out free to the gun range users?

[i]Simple Solutions to a [b]NON-EXISTENT[/b] Problem[/i]
View Quote

That and a repeal of the 1934 -- Unconstitutional -- firearms act.  If everyone had a muffler on their rifle their would not be a problem would there?
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:54:05 AM EDT
[#7]
[size=1]I like the idea but a gun that goes toooo quiet.....frighten lots of folks....shuuut not too loud.....[/size=1]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:05:37 AM EDT
[#8]
A similar thing happened down here in s. Austin.  Someone put up a subdivision right across the street from a popular concert venue.  Well, the concert venue has been there, and has been putting on shows for upward of 15 years.  After 5 years of the subdivision development started complaining about the noise and all the people when there was a concert.  

My opinion:  Those whiners need to shut up, the concert venue was there LONG before they were.  They should have known what they were getting into.  The same would go for a range.  Don't like the noise or don't want to live close to a shooting range?  Then LIVE SOMEWHERES ELSE!

[puke]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:02:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Same things are happening here in Chicagoland.  I go to Wisc, or 1 1/2 hrs each way to owatta to shoot.   There is a indoor range for Ar's close by, but they have no ventlation.  
I would think having a range next to o'hare would be the best idea.  Also mufflers too.
c-rock
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:20:17 AM EDT
[#10]
A RANGE NEXT TO AN AIRPORT!?!!@

Great idea from a noise standpoint, but the liberals would really pee their pants over that!  "Terrorists shooting high powered rifles right next to the airport".  Wow.

The libs do the same thing with farms.  [i]"Gee, we moved to the country for the ambiance, but the smell of cow sh*t is really bothersome".[/i]  Duh, what did you expect?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top