Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2001 4:42:14 AM EDT
A very good friend (one of my groomsmen) told me the most horrible thing I have yet to hear, resulting from the WTC attack.

One of his co-workers is newlywed, and his wife worked in the WTC. She had been one of the missing. She's six months pregnant.
Apparently, they found her body, with ID nearby. They asked him to come down to identify her at the morgue.  
All that there was of her was her torso, six months pregnant.
He left the morgue, went home, didn't even shut his apartment door, and shot himself.

When I heard this, I immediately cried BS. The police would never do that... It's another WTC, urban myth.  Who told you this?
My friend told me to shut up.  He went to the funerals last week.

Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:46:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:49:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I have never, ever, understood the need to have some family member identify the body of the deceased relative! Why not a close family friend or acquaintance?

And in today's world, wouldn't a simple dental i.d. be sufficient?

I sincerely doubt that I would be able to recognize my wife's torso under such circumstances! And her pregnant torso?

Jesus, will we ever be able to smile in this country again?

Eric The(Well,MaybeTheDayTheyI.D.Bin-Laden'sTorso)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:51:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:54:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I found this story so unbelievable.
But it's true.  
My friend's face was all the proof I need.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 5:36:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I doubt he'll be the last victim of the WTC/Pentagon attacks.

Sadly, I expect that survivor guilt, inability to adjust to the loss of a loved one, and just plain having to live with the horrors some of those folks witnessed, will lead to many more suicides that will continue for years to come.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 5:46:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Jeez. That is terrible. I pray for their souls.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 5:46:58 AM EDT
[#7]
This is so sad and painful.  If it ever happened to me, I would......probably do the same.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 5:55:49 AM EDT
[#8]
The dead and injured only represent a very small portion of the victims when this is said and done.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:09:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't off yoursef - live to avenge...........

very sad

Tate
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:12:23 AM EDT
[#10]
May God Rest the souls of those lost.  I am sorry......  Ya know, I havn't been able to sleep very well. Up roaming the halls.  Nothing happened to me at all.  And they call us the Great Satan.  GOD BLESS AMERICA, GOD BLESS OUR MEN FIGHTING, GOD BLESS US WHO WILL FIGHT, AND JUST PLAIN OLD GOD BLESS.  Jesus Christ and the Lord God Almighty are with this Nation.  And walking with all American's everywhere. To those who have already passed he is closest of all.  I am sure the Gates of Heaven are Gaurded by US Soldiers all.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:13:20 AM EDT
[#11]
When you hear a story like that, I think that it is second nature to want to disbelieve it.

It does show that there are a lot more victims of the attacks than what is known.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top