Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2001 7:52:47 PM EDT
Oh my Lord, I was at the range today with a friend of mine that is totally into Glocks. He brought along a Glock 33 in 357Sig and some Mag-Safe ammo. I had brought along a full size ham that was bigger than my head to shoot at with my AR15 and some hornady TAP ammo. Anyway, my friend convinces me to let him shoot it with the Glock, which I did. He set the ham on a foam cooler and walked back about 7 yards. Then he pressed the trigger. All I have to say is that we spent about 15 minutes picking ham chunks from our hair and clothes. The Mag-Safe clocked at over 2100 feet per second!!!! It shredded the ham, leaving only a few chunks strewn in a circle from the point of impact. In addition, it smashed the cooler the ham was on. I can only immagine what this gun/ammo combo will do to a live target but all I can say is that I'm buying the same combo as soon as I can. I have NEVER seen this type of sheer destructive power come from ANY handgun. It was as if someone stuck a claymore mine in the ham and let it rip.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:38:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Dang, your own low-rent Stasbourg Test.  Your range lets you shoot meat on their range?  Pretty laid back of them.  

Another good MagSafe caliber is 7.62x25mm, another necked pistol cartridge like .357 SIG.  MagSafe's 7.62x25 goes about 2100 fps too, and the CZ-52 that shoots it is $150 or cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:57:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Recoil is a little bit snappier than usual but nothing harsh. Oh, and our range really doesnt let us shoot anything other than paper targets but its an public outdoor range that is RARELY supervised by anyone. Heck. I've seen people shoot at gallons on gasoline there.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 11:02:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I did the same thing with a de-canned ham, honeydew melons and some .45 ACP Glasers. Dramatic ham particulate fallout ensued. Instant fruit salad for all my friends!!

Link Posted: 10/1/2001 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Of course such unscientific tests prove nothing, it is a fact that a bullet has to penetrate at least 10" through flesh to guarentee that it will reach vital organs- the gods of the FBI Wound Ballistics Lab have spoken[;D]

Seriously, does anyone know if this is what the Air Marshals are carrying these days? Imagine what that would do to a would be terrorist.
Even if he was wearing a bomb, would he be able to detonate it with his head spattered all over 1st Class?
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:Of course such unscientific tests prove nothing, it is a fact that a bullet has to penetrate at least 10" through flesh to guarentee that it will reach vital organs- the gods of the FBI Wound Ballistics Lab have spoken[;D]

Seriously, does anyone know if this is what the Air Marshals are carrying these days? Imagine what that would do to a would be terrorist.
Even if he was wearing a bomb, would he be able to detonate it with his head spattered all over 1st Class?
View Quote

LOL

Medula Oblangata TarTar a'la SIG, anyone?
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I am glad to know that if I am ever attacked by a ham, I will have access to a surefire stopper :D

Cool test...

Sir Hacksalot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top