Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2001 9:28:08 AM EDT
My daughter moved to Philly and I need some shops to visit when I'm in the area...say within 10 miles of the city. Does anybody sell guns in Philly? thanks
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know of any gun shops in Philly, but I know they have a good gun show near King of Prussia...Philly sucks b/c your not suppose to carry handguns even if you have a permit like I do, so I don't go to Philly very often.  Try doing a search on attractions in Philly that may help you.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Aubie, if you have a permit to carry it's State wide,good througout the Commonwealth. Yeah,I know you guys outside of Philly really think it's Jersey encroaching but it ain't. You're right about lack of gun store in Philly. There is Colisomos on Spring Garden. But make sure to have your gun with you when you go into that neighborhood. Other than that, if you want a gun store, look in the suburban yellow pages.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 5:40:42 AM EDT
[#3]
What part of Philly did she move to?

I live in Philly and I don't think any of the gun stores in the city are worth going to. You will probably find better deals on the internet.
Here's a few though:
"Lock's" located on Frankford Ave. (215-332-6225) They sometimes have interesting guns but are often a little pricey.

"Surplus City" located just outside NE Philly on Bustleton Pike (215-364-7130) Usually have some cheaper military rifles and a few racks of C&R rifles.

"Colosimo's" on Spring Garden Street near Center City (215-765-4400) I haven't been there in over a year. They tend to look down on non-police officers/civilians. Definitely wouldn't go there unless I was carrying my gun. Then again if you go a few blocks further you could score some drugs for the ride home.

There's a few I didn't list but these are the only ones I personally have been to. If you feel like driving north west of the city 1/2-hour to 1-hour I could list some more of my favorite stores.

Also, like mentioned above there is a pretty good Gun Show at the Fort Washington Expo center (right off the PA Turnpike) The next one is the weekend of March 17-18.

If you have any other questions or if you want the shops North West of the city email me at [email protected]
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 9:05:45 AM EDT
[#4]
You might try Target World 215-822-3900, it is in Chalfont, not too far from the Lansdale exit of the turnpike.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys! I had forgotten all about Locks and TargetWorld. Been behind the wall too long in the PRNJ. As to how I ended up here, its a long sad story which I won't bore you with, but as you might guess, there was a woman involved.
[:D]
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 5:10:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 5:40:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey, hipwr223 where exactly is your store located?
Could you possibly post directions from the Turnpike.
Or maybe email me the directions. I'd like to check out your shop sometime.
Maybe this weekend or next.

Thanks
Rob
[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 3:35:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top