Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2001 3:14:29 PM EDT
I have a JVC MX-J206 mini system which sounds great.  However the preset equalizer settings don't have enough bass for my tastes.  I know it can take the extra bass because I hooked it up to my PC and used a software equalizer.  Could I get an equalizer between the system and the speakers?  If not could I get one between my DVD player and the mini system because I very rarely use the build in cd player since the dvd player supports mp3 playback.  thanks for any help you can offer.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#1]
You won't have any luck getting an EQ between the speaker outs and the speakers. All that will do is fry the EQ. EQ's operate at line-level, and pumping that much power into the EQ will fry it for sure.

In the old day, we used to plug-in EQ's via the pre-amp send/receive. Today, most consumer gear does not provide that capability. However, if your DVD player has line outputs, you should be able to go from the DVD player line outputs, to an EQ, and from the EQ into the CD/DVC/Tape monitor inputs of your home stereo.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Can I hook up an EQ to the RCA audio outputs of the dvd player?
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#4]
btt
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 4:55:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Can I hook up an EQ to the RCA audio outputs of the dvd player?
View Quote

Certainly. It will only equalize the output of the DVD player, but it sounds like that's all you need it for.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 12:31:48 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for responding.  anyone have an idea where I could get one of these?  I live in Canada and I want to keep as much of my cash-money as possible.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:31:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Opposed to an EQ, why not get a powered Sub woofer?  This should be enough bass for your taste.

Anyone else love this lil' guy? ~~>[bounce]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 11:40:51 AM EDT
[#9]
If I got a subwoofer how could I hook it up the mini system?  The systems power is 2 x 60 watts rms so how much power do i need in a sub.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If I got a subwoofer how could I hook it up the mini system?  The systems power is 2 x 60 watts rms so how much power do i need in a sub.
View Quote

A POWERED Subwoofer.  All you need is an audio output.  The Sub has it's own amplifier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top