Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2001 1:03:27 PM EDT
I had wanted to post this in female newbie post but it got locked, thankfully the rip off of my post got locked too, but so did my own post, just when I wrote my post to Arlady in the hopes to clear the air!!! [:(]Oh, well I am headed for moderator anyway, I guess when I get there I can abuse my power too.. Just kidding!![:P](humor is good therapy, by the way)[;)]

Welcome aboard! I just recently joined myself and have met with my share of trolls and tin foil hats, but overall almost everyone is quite friendly and helpful even the other ladies around(yes, even you ARlady, like I said before I have nothing against you and value your opinions on guns) As for Ar-15gals's comment on me being garbage..what have I ever done to you?? I was just asking for advice and as I posted in my response to Arlady's comments, I just want opinions and advice from the veterans here(don't judge me just because I ws trying to stand up for myself against the tin foil hats and trolls..)
Anyway, sorry for the ramblings, this is afterall not my show..
WELCOME! and its great to see more women around(I'm petite and an english major also, and it took me awhile to warm up to guns with my boyfriend as well, so I know where you are coming from)
-Andrea
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 1:05:24 PM EDT
[#1]
See, this is what you get when they put computers in homeless shelters.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm just trying to be friendly and clear the air.. why can't you be a little nicer??
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Here we go again! Where's the little padlock?
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I almost puked! ROFLMAO!
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 2:05:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had wanted to post this in female newbie post but it got locked, thankfully the rip off of my post got locked too, but so did my own post, just when I wrote my post to Arlady in the hopes to clear the air!!! [:(]Oh, well I am headed for moderator anyway, I guess when I get there I can abuse my power too.. Just kidding!![:P](humor is good therapy, by the way)[;)]

Welcome aboard! I just recently joined myself and have met with my share of trolls and tin foil hats, but overall almost everyone is quite friendly and helpful even the other ladies around(yes, even you ARlady, like I said before I have nothing against you and value your opinions on guns) As for Ar-15gals's comment on me being garbage..what have I ever done to you?? I was just asking for advice and as I posted in my response to Arlady's comments, I just want opinions and advice from the veterans here(don't judge me just because I ws trying to stand up for myself against the tin foil hats and trolls..)
Anyway, sorry for the ramblings, this is afterall not my show..
WELCOME! and its great to see more women around(I'm petite and an english major also, and it took me awhile to warm up to guns with my boyfriend as well, so I know where you are coming from)
-Andrea
View Quote

Hello Andrea,
Some people on this board have no life as indicated by the childish, boarish behavior they exhibit.  Sorry that they have to blow such hot air without being able to form a coherent thought.  I'm even more sorry that some of these guys forget their manners when sitting at a computer hiding behind a silly user name and avatar, hehe.

You're obviously in a league above some of the veteran members here, it's kind of a cliche-ish group.  I'm not sure if you are familiar with the FAL (Fusil Automatique Leger) or the FALFILES message board but I would like to extend a welcome to you and your BF to join our discussions there and explore the world of FAL's.  Enjoy what we have here at Ar15.com, it's unique to the world of firearms.  GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS.
~Smeghead
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 2:13:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

[rolleyes]

OK, I don't know if cussing is allowed on here or not, so please forgive this one indiscretion as I believe it's warranted.  Why did SPECTRE have to be such an ass??  

All women may not belong to the cream of society, we are not all born with silver spoons.  That also does not make her any less a lady.  Get to know someone before you judge.  I'm not a feminist or anything, but give a girl a break.  We're treading in no-woman's land (sorry ladies, I know we're trickling in slowly), and we deserve just as much respect as any other man on this board.  We're here to have fun and learn something too.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:27:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome ladies. I'm lordtrader the boards bachelor and head goofball. I bid you welcome. Don't mind some of these guys. Just have a thick skin and join in on the melee. This is you hazing period. Now you just need to put up with the crap, throw it back every now and again and you'll do just fine. [:D]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:50:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Andrea,

I second Smeghead's (aka RRotz on the FALFiles) invitation to the FALFiles.  It's a good place to get good advice, and the high school crowd is fewer in numbers.  Check out www.L1A1.com. Hope to see your questions there.

Talyn
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 5:53:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
At this rate, I'm not going to have my gf become a member, we should be happy (I am!) to have new members here regardless of gender.  You don't have to be NICER to them, but at least give them the same respect as you would your fellow male members, unless you just like to be a bully and beat up and belittle new guys and gals.
View Quote

speaking from experience here:  it is not the gender of the newbie, rather the manner in which said newbie announces presence on the board.  as far as the "same respect...you would your fellow male members".  really, how much respect do you think a male newbie would get if in his first posts, in addition to asking for advice on firearms, he mentioned that he was hung like a horse, more sexy than Mr. Universe, and a better lover than Cassanova?  those kind of posts are going to get what they get.

if i could give one piece of advice to any female newbies coming on, it would be to make no mention of their gender.  hindsight being 20/20, i never would have made my nickname ARlady but rather something more generic.  

that being said, Blondie, email me.  i didn't get a chance to respond to your final post before it got locked, and these guys have had their fill of our conversation [;)].  but since you don't have your email address in your profile, i can't email you.  thanx.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 5:59:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll give this a month....at most.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Welcome ladies, and you have point ARLady.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

sgtar15
View Quote

You'll give what a month??  This thread or women entering your space?
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

sgtar15
View Quote

You'll give what a month??  This thread or women entering your space?
View Quote

Probably a month before the women folk take over.  If you do take over however... We know your feet get cold, but the base of the toilet is no place for a rug.  Trust us on that.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:06:52 PM EDT
[#17]
It is JUST as easy to put the lid down, ans it is for us to put it UP...

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#20]
She looks angry.... Welcome.

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:12:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Probably a month before the women folk take over.  If you do take over however... We know your feet get cold....
View Quote

ohmygosh!!!!  that's too funny.  mine are always cold!  but it's always fun to warm them up on the significant other's warm legs.  [}:D]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#22]
You are in SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much trouble brouhaha.

BTW...  She's too good for you. [:D]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably a month before the women folk take over.  If you do take over however... We know your feet get cold....
View Quote

ohmygosh!!!!  that's too funny.  mine are always cold!  but it's always fun to warm them up on the significant other's warm legs.  [}:D]
View Quote

***sigh***
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:24:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Or if you can't warm them up, you at least get a good giggle out of watching them lift straight in the air while prone when those cold feet hit them [:D]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
She looks angry.... Welcome.
View Quote

[heavy]Do you think it warrants retaliation??  [spank] The one picture he has of me on his hard drive and all you see of me is my profile.  The story behind the picture?  I wasn't mad, but I was trying really hard not to laugh.  It was right after we first started dating and I was embarrassed because he wanted to take my picture.  
I think I'm going to look  for a better one and somehow convince my fiance's defunct scanner to work for me.  Just one good picture and then I'll be happy.  Besides, black and white just doesn't do just to the hair.  Ya know!! [;)]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:33:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I totally agree!!  I think it's absolutely hilarious the double standard here.  Have you ever thought about it?? I mean they get a little miffed (well, maybe a lot sometimes) when we use them to warm our feet, and yet...we should accept their cold body parts on ours with grace.  I'm sorry, I simply cannot help but flinch if he puts his ice cold hands on my back...or wherever!  Oh well, pay back is the most fun!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 10:30:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Welcome to AR15.com brouhaha-ette and Blond_Bimbo.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:46:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
She'll probably kill me for this, but here goes.  It's not the best photo of her, but I took it and developed it myself.  Therefore I like it. [:)]

I'd disagree with everything but the "probably will kill me" remark.[:D]

That's an excellent photo!

Aviator, I don't think she looks angry, just in deep tought. But I'd bet ya she could turn those paint brushes into weapons real quick if brouhaha, or anyone else for that matter, pissed her off bad enough!

Am I right brouhaha-ette? ..and to be to hard on brouhaha, it is an excellent pic!
View Quote

You better believe it!!  Growing up with two brothers definitely taught me to utilize anything as a weapon, not to mention a little Tae Kwan Do training.  Also, Brouhaha is a kickass photographer and, (not that I would ever willing admit to saying it) I am little vain in wanting a better pic posted.  [;)]  I really did like almost all of the pics he took that day.  [:X]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#31]
The thought of rifle-toting women taking over an AR15 board is rather elating. if more women around the world could spit bullets and like it; the world would be a better place [^]

[bounce]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top