Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2001 9:45:23 PM EDT
Went to two gun shops here in the bay area and things were very busy.  Maybe it is cause duck season is starting but it just felt good to see them busy so they will be around in the future.

But damn, prices are high.  Glocks are like 600 bucks now as is a Beretta 92.  Even the ruger Vacquero I was looking at was 500 bucks.  They will deal a bit but the lack of competition with the crackdown on the ffls is really showing.  Oh well, guess I gotta save my pennies.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Prices are going up.  They go up every 6 months.  Sometimes 'waiting' for that pistol will actually cost more.

Shops here are a bit slow actually.  But slow is normal.  Some picked up on 9-11, but went back to slow soon after.

But I think I'm in a 'liberal stronghold area'.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 10:29:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Heard on the radio that California gun sales are up 40% compared to the same time (past two weeks) last year.  They are attributing it to the WTC attack by Up yer Butt Laden.

Went to the Grant Boys in Costa Mesa - they have very little in stock - they're selling people their display models and people are buying them.

The guy said that they are selling like 33 guns a day.  He said its crazy and that it all started right after the attacks.

So I then proceeded to buy my Ruger 10/22 Standard with the birch stock and blued barrel from him.  It's sweet - can hardly wait.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 11:07:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope you realize that Grant Boys was vocally in favor of the 1989 roberti-roos "assault weapon" ban. They even had employees parading out on the sidewalk holding signs encouraging the bill's passage.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 4:58:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Nothing gets past the Imbrog. HEE HEE HEE Your alright Imbroglio. I always click on the Imbrogs posts, never disappointed, always informative. Liked the diode in the mini mag lite idea also, I am going to try that one.
Have a happy and safe Sunday everyone.God Bless
AmOTramp

edited because I never get it right the first time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 5:40:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 5:51:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So I then proceeded to buy my Ruger 10/22 Standard with the birch stock and blued barrel from him.  It's sweet - can hardly wait.
View Quote

You should go ahead and get yourself a decent trigger.I just bought the same gun and because of liability issues Ruger ships those things with what feels like 20lb trigger pulls. On Target has Clarks with free shipping.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 5:51:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Liked the diode in the mini mag lite idea also, I am going to try that one.
View Quote

Can someone tell me what this idea was or give me the original link where it was mentioned.  Has my curiousity peaked.  [:P]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 6:18:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 2:52:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep...Busy here too.  Prices still pretty respecable, except for gas masks of course.  There has been a noticable run on ammo as well.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top