Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2001 1:26:10 PM EDT
I have a 1970 Mustang (nothing special - originally a LeGrand) and this guy keeps calling me every other day wanting to buy it.  It needs repainted, but doesn't have any rust.  The C-4 tranny is new, the 302 smokes a little but runs good, performance suspension, other new parts etc...
Anyway, I'm really considering selling it to buy a few more firearms.  Would you do it?  I can't decide!
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 1:48:22 PM EDT
[#1]
ask your self this question.  Is there ANY chance of beating yourself up for selling 6 months from now.  Then don't sell it.  If it is just occuping space in your garage for a restoration that your not sure will ever happen, then I would sell it.

tough choice though, good luck to you.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#2]
If the guy wants it that bad he will over pay for it. When selling something this is the situation you dream of.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Dale007, I would have to agree - that is the reason I'm considering it.

Link Posted: 9/29/2001 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#4]
yes
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#5]
NO!!!

You should give it to me [:D].

I sold my '70 fastback, oh damn must have been 5 yrs ago already, but I drove it for 17 years. It unfortunatly was rusted bad enough I couldn't afford to fix it up.

So I let it go cheap to a couple of middle aged brothers looking for a classy car to restore.

I miss it yet. Hell I had it longer than any girl friend or wife. Only thing I've owned longer is my first 10/22.

But at least it went to a good home.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 3:23:36 PM EDT
[#6]
2 questions to ask yourself?

what purpose is it doing you?
is his offer good enough?
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I say, "Keep it!" You'll someday wish you still had it if you sell it now, and to replace it later could be costly. I still have mine... I bought it used in 1972. It does need restoration, and maybe someday I'll get around to it. Here's a pic of mine:

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=926068&a=6762421&p=54655553&Sequence=0[/img]

FITTER out
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn you FITTER!!!

It's too late at night for such a serious chubby.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I say, "Keep it!" You'll someday wish you still had it if you sell it now, and to replace it later could be costly. I still have mine... I bought it used in 1972. It does need restoration, and maybe someday I'll get around to it. Here's a pic of mine:

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=926068&a=6762421&p=54655553&Sequence=0[/img]

FITTER out
View Quote

Yup, I hate you...  I really, really hate you...
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 8:56:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I had a 72 Mach 1 I sold a few years ago and have been kicking myself in the ass for it ever since. She was my first car and selling was the biggest mistake I ever made.

If you arent willing to spend the time and money to restore her (I dont think you do), then sell her and get some guns. Thats my advice and I'm gonna stick to it but be prepared someday down the road to regret the decision.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:35:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I had a 72 Mach 1 I sold a few years ago and have been kicking myself in the ass for it ever since. She was my first car and selling was the biggest mistake I ever made.

If you arent willing to spend the time and money to restore her (I dont think you do), then sell her and get some guns. Thats my advice and I'm gonna stick to it but be prepared someday down the road to regret the decision.
View Quote
what he said, I had a 73 mach 1, with a 351 cleveland,and c4, I had gone through the motor, it ran great, but let it go several years later, in fact it's been gone, 15 years now.  I still miss that car.  KEEP IT!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top