Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2001 7:01:52 AM EDT
THE SORROW OF BILL CLINTON
By John J. Miller & Ramesh Ponnuru at NationalReviewOnline.com

No president obsessed over his "legacy" as much as Bill Clinton did. He sometimes complained that he had no enormous national crisis to contend with, meaning that he didn't have a fair shot at attaining historic greatness. "The first thing I had to start with was, you know, we don't have a war," he told the New York Times in 1997. "We don't have a depression, we don't have a Cold War." Poor guy. He never really had a chance.

Some of us worried whether he was up to handling Haiti, never mind a global crisis. It's no surprise, however, that he's in a funk now, as his successor is being lauded for his handling of a national catastrophe, praised for delivering one of the great speeches in American history, and hurtled into stratospheric levels of popularity according to the opinion polls that Clinton so treasured during his tenure.

Today's New York Times describes Clinton as lamenting that such a thing didn't happen on his watch. Richard L. Berke reports, "A close friend of Mr. Clinton put it this way: 'He has said there has to be a defining moment in a presidency that really makes a great president. He didn't have one.'"

[b]More than 6,000 people die to terrorism, and Bill Clinton still thinks it's all about him.[/b]

Eric The(Bastard!-Him,NotMe)Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 9/29/2001 7:46:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Hell, the media was making a big deal about how he was at the WTC before Bush got there.  Well, he was just down the street and he did not have to worry about a terrorist wanting to take him out, after all, he never retaliated against them, which was one of the reasons this happened.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 7:55:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Clinton was still in Australia on Sept. 11 - and he was stuck there due to the ban on all international flights into US.

When George W. heard this, he sent a military transport to bring the [u]former[/u] President
back to the US.  Then Bill makes a beeline for 'Ground Zero' in Manhattan! Shytehook!

BTW, have you noticed whenever the press speaks of that fat bastid, it's always 'President Clinton', but when they speak of Ford, Carter, or Reagan, it's invaribly '[u]former[/u] President Ford', etc.

They would like to fantasize that he's still the President!

I wonder if Monica still fantasizes about Billy Boy whenever she's blowing someone now?

Eric The(I'mSureDanRatherDoes!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 7:58:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Oops, forgot about him being down under, so to speak.  He's down under all the time, referring to his integrity.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 8:25:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Clinton thinks he never had a defining moment, but that's not true.  I think his defining moment that we'll all remember him for is "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Monica Lewinski."
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 8:38:44 AM EDT
[#5]
"I am gonna say this one time, and I want you to listen.  (wag finger dramatically at camera)  I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky.  I did not ask anyone to lie about it.  Not once.  These allegations are FALSE."

Ah yes the heroic words of our former chief.  I remember them well.  "That woman."  Even then all the femlibbers stuck by their boy.

Bye-bye Billy Boy, may you fade into obscurity quickly and may we quickly recover from the damage you did to the country.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 10:04:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#7]
EricTheHun you are right - not only does the liberal media still call him "President Clinton" they refer to President Bush as "Mr. Bush".  I agree his defining moment was Monica.  I think the only one more upset about how well President Bush is handling this is Hellary (spelled incorrectly on purpose). [pissed]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#8]
bill clinton = lying red belly scum POS
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 7:37:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I would have considered him a great president had he vetoed the whole crime bill fiasco. Then gone ahead and removed every other bit of beurocratic bull shit that limits the 2nd.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 7:59:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Post from HighCaliber -
I would have considered him a great president had he vetoed the whole crime bill fiasco.
View Quote

The only problem, HighCaliber, is that the whole crime bill was [b]his[/b] legislation!
It wasn't something that Congress sprang on him unawares, it was [b]his[/b] bill!  He didn't have to veto it, he could have just failed to
have his DemocRat buddies introduce it in the first place!

Other than the fact that he was the very worst president, IMHO, that this country has ever had, I suppose you could [u]say[/u] he's a great president but that wouldn't make it so!

Eric The(ISupposeIfHeWalkedOnWater...No,NotEvenThen!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#11]
He couldn't even handle one intern, what makes him think he could have handled terrorists?
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:29:06 AM EDT
[#12]
He will always be known as the President Lewinsky blew.  It is going to me even more pathetic as Lewinsky gets older and fatter.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#13]
It's "Hanoi Jane Fonda's" fault.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top