Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2001 1:51:10 AM EDT
The stress in my life is making me physically ill!
I hate my job.
I have a huge mortgage.
I hate my job.
My fiance has been out of town on work assignments for 10 out of the last 12 months.
I hate my job.
This house is too much for me to handle by myself.
I hate my job.
The last time I went to the doctor he said that my symptoms were stress related. I am going back next week because my health problems have gotten worse.
[pissed]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 1:55:41 AM EDT
[#1]
May want to tell 'em you Hate Your Job![:o]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 2:22:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Take a deep breath bunghole.  Sounds like you're
about to blow a case head.....

I can relate to the job stress deal.  I've had
to work 7 days a week for the last 5 weeks, (al-
though I did take a couple of days to fight an
upper respiratory infection 2 weeks ago).  We're
getting ready for a big car show in Orlando in
a couple of weeks, and we've went throught dozens of changes - always followed immediately
by "When can you have it done????"  The stuff
can eat at you, that's for sure...

My best advice to you is this:  Do the best you
can do and don't worry about the rest.  It's
really all you can do anyways!
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 2:27:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 2:40:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Another 20 milligrams.......and ever..y...thing...will be.........ok.....
View Quote

No shit! I've been doing pretty good w/o the
med's lately, been a couple of years.  Had to
adjust my attitude & perceptions to the same
plane the med's put me on........  working
pretty good so far. [knocking on wood smiley]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 3:12:08 AM EDT
[#5]
[b]Question:[/b]What's worse than having a job that sucks??

[b]A:[/b]Having no job at all.

[b]Question:[/b]What's worse than having a huge morgage payment?

[b]A:[/b]Having no house at all.

So relax and take it easy.  Be grateful for what you have.  It has been my experience that everytime I bitch about how bad things are they usually end up taking a turn for the worse.  

Happiness is a state-of-mind.

[0:)][0:)][0:)]<-------And it helps to believe in these.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 3:14:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 3:21:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Here's one to force a grin...

Man goes to a doctor, telling him he has this huge problem with stress.

- :"I have this major stress problem, I have become shortfused and I snap at the minimum when people talk to me"

Doctor goes on and asks him what the problem is

Man :"[b]I just fucking told you didnt I you son of a bitch!!![/b]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 3:37:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Take 3 battlepacks and some nice "Targets" to shoot, Dont come back with a bullet left, Call me in the morning...Maybe you should look into a career change. Sounds like a girlfriend is in order Also.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 3:37:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The stress in my life is making me physically ill!
I hate my job.
I have a huge mortgage.
I hate my job.
My fiance has been out of town on work assignments for 10 out of the last 12 months.
I hate my job.
This house is too much for me to handle by myself.
I hate my job.
The last time I went to the doctor he said that my symptoms were stress related. I am going back next week because my health problems have gotten worse.
[pissed]
View Quote

I am very sorry sir, the line forms over there.  As you can see other(including me)are already there waiting for the next "delightful" slice of what life has in store.

Link Posted: 9/29/2001 3:39:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Good one Kuiper!

A guy goes to the doctor, and doc tells him
"All your test results are in.  I've got some
good news and some bad news.  What do you want
to hear first?"

The patient replies "Give me the bad news."

Doc:  "You've only got 30 days to live, and
there's not a damned thing I can do to help
you."

Patient:  "If that is the bad news, what the
hell is the good news?"

Doc:  "You see that tall, pretty blonde nurse
over there with the big titties?  I'm f_cking
her!!!!!!!"
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 11:45:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Ya man at least you still have a job.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 12:39:52 PM EDT
[#12]
stress doesnt kill people,, people kill people.... [;)]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 3:21:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Man, there ain't nothing worse than a well stressed bunghole!
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:06:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I know I'm lucky to still have a job. My company is restructuring so I may NOT have one in the near future.
I just get so tired of the political bullshit at work. I liken that place to a scaled down version of the federal government. They keep saying that we need to cut costs yet the salesmen still spend [b]hundreds of thousands[/b] of dollars just for season tickets (and that's just for my local office!).
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 5:07:52 PM EDT
[#15]
how old are you?
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 5:18:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Take 3 battlepacks and some nice "Targets" to shoot, Dont come back with a bullet left, Call me in the morning...Maybe you should look into a career change. Sounds like a girlfriend is in order Also.
View Quote

That was me on Thursday. I lost my job 4 weeks ago, and am going through a divorce at the same time, along with getting our house ready to sell. I was ready to pop last week, then took my AR and 1911 out with a few hundred rounds to a gravel pit nearby. After blasting the hell out of the pit and some spinner targets, I felt ready to face the world again [;)]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#17]
I know how you feel bunghole!  When I first started my job I loved it now it's starting to really get to me.  I hope to start a golf shop in Flordia in the next few years after some of my stocks go back up.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 7:06:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Shooter, I'm 30.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 7:23:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Tell me about it Bunghole...

I'm a network engineer, the lead engineer, working over 70hrs a week since february.  Sat nights 1am to 4am since may.  4 nights a week minimum and 45hrs in the office.

Plus, I am a competitive bodybuilder who has to eat every two hours, sleep at least 8hrs a day, and cant!  I have a national competition nov. 10 (Eastern USAs) and have fucked my whole plan, but still gonna try and take the superheavyweight class.

Plus, at 25, married, with two kids, 7 and 8mos, its a bitch!

I hate my job too, but the money is rolling in, theres a small fund for arms purchases, which keeps me somewhat happy.

My training seems to curb some of the stress, but I know what you are feeling.  

My only suggestion is to:

a) blow alot of loads, get a side peice ;-) if you can, and bang it while the fiancee is away.

b) even though youre schedule sucks, make sure you have plans for something fun, the range, training at the gym, whatever..weekends with some pals.

c) If all else fails, see the doc...tell him you have anxiety attacks, and he'll prescribe zanax or some other form of anxiety management. (been there before)

d) no matter what you do.........still go to work everyday....

My job is the worst, at 25, leading a team of 8 guys, all 35-45, whom hate my white ass ( they're all indians and africans and MIDDLE FUCKING EASTERNERS ! is the pits!  One is from afganistan, and unlike us "real americans" never seemed to have the tear in his eye like the rest of us, and I have to work with the motherfuckers......and they resent me.

Needless to say, I'll have the management position soon, and will "cleanse" the team.

Anyways, just dont want you to think youre the only one.

Plus, I never get fucking laid from the "seahag"..., and could on the outside on a daily basis(tons of hot willing pussy by me) + ( I have a "side-piece")...........so its not so rough anymore....hehe

Out-

Big "E"

Link Posted: 9/29/2001 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#20]
look at it this way......

do you still have your health?

do you have some dreaded illness such as cancer or  are  bed ridden and totally depended on someone to take care of you?

do you not live in some shit hole third world country?

are you  in a federal prison?

are you straving and homeless?

you can always sell you home, get a new girl, quit your job and get a new one, move to a different state.

you are only 30 years old. you live in the greatest country in the world where oportunity is endless if you pursue it.....

its all up to you on what you want.

BE THE BUS DRIVER IN YOUR LIFE.

stop bitching and do what it takes to make you happy.

get a piece of paper and write a good reason after each one of your problems you mentioned on why you CANNOT CHANGE the existing conditions you currently have.

you are in charge of your life. noone else. so it has to start with you.

Quoted:
Shooter, I'm 30.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top