Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2001 11:17:15 PM EDT
... says TV channel in Afghanistan

(shortwave radio)
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 11:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
WHAT?  WHAT SHORTWAVE RADIO STATION???  HOLY FUCKING SHIT, LET ME AT EM.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 11:25:13 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/627086.asp?cp1=1[/url]

Report: Afghans arrest 5 U.S. scouts

Special forces were sent to scope out terrain, officials say

MSNBC

DUBAI, Sept. 29 — Qatar’s al-Jazeera television said on Saturday Afghan security forces near the border with Iran had arrested five members of American special forces who were carrying maps of sites related to Osama bin Laden’s group.

IT SAID A MILITARY source from bin Laden’s al-Qaida group telephoned its correspondent in Islamabad and said three of the arrested were members of the U.S. Special Forces and had modern weapons and some maps of al-Qaida sites. Two others were originally from Afghanistan but were trained in the U.S. Special Forces and hold U.S. citizenships.
      “They had some modern weapons and some maps of al-Qaida sites,” the al-Qaida source was quoted as saying. “They were on a reconnaissance mission to know the territory of al-Qaida.”
      He said pictures of the men would be released soon.
      NBC News was trying to independently confirm the arrests and obtain additional details.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 11:26:33 PM EDT
[#3]
1400-1600 9515 11865 15220

.. listen
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 11:33:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy FUCK, I don't want to question how GW's handling this whole thing but there should be some carpet bombing of Kabul ASAP.  This thing is getting uglier and uglier by the second and it sucks because I'm in no position right now to help out in anyway!!@@@@*&#&@~  We can't let these #^@#@#&#&^#^&# (RACIAL SLUR) get way with this crap!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 11:42:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I deleted my previous comment because the link provided answers.

Smeghead, I agree. I really don't want to be critical of GWB because he has been handling this great up to this point.  But action needs to be taken----and soon.  I keep hearing that this is not a conventional war but I fear they are too afraid of "collateral damage" and negative press if they would just start bombing.

IMHO they are trying too hard to just focus on a small group when they need to focus on a much larger scale...and do this thing right.  We will never win if we combat terrorism with terrorist type tactics.

sgtar15

Link Posted: 9/29/2001 1:20:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 2:23:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 2:42:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Do ya'll really think that any true operators would allow themselves to be "arrested" in a situation like this ?
View Quote

I know what I [b]want[/b] to think.... from what
I've heard, and seen in a video of a captured
Russian in Chechnia (sp?) I hope I'm right.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 2:53:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Osprey, I hope you are right!!
If Special Forces let themselves be captured it would be suprising.  I mean if you kill a squad of men in the desert who the hell is going to know??  If it is true then we need to quit F*&*ING with these people. AND PLEASE GOD DON"T LET ME FIND OUT THAT THEY HAVN"T BEEN GIVEN ORDERS TO FIRE. THAT THEY ARE BEING TOLD TO NOT FIRE UNTIL FIRED UPON.  I DON"T WANT OT HEAR OF ANY BEAURACRATIC BS IN THIS.  PLEASE GOD.PLEASE.  But I have a hunch that GW is waiting until we get the HOMEFRONT SECURE (Ie, everyone that is in country arrested) before we start kicking some ass.  I have the feeling that the US people from what I can tell are ready to GO!!!  Does anyone else have the feeling that this snake is curling back very very very slowly.  The troop deployment seems to be sparse. But I talk to men in uniform and they are being worked like Dogs , so I don't know.  One AF Col.  Has been working 16 hours a day. I don't ask him what he's doing. But he looks beat as hell.  So???  
Ben
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 3:13:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have the feeling that the US people from what I can tell are ready to GO!!!  Does anyone else have the feeling that this snake is curling back very very very slowly.  
View Quote

The military is definately getting their shit
together and in place.  As for the public???
I fear that alot of people are slowly returning
to their state of complacency, and trying to
move on.  I want to see a unified, strong and
serious United States of America in this
situation, I really do.  But I don't think the
people in general are half as thirsty for blood
as they were in the 2 days following the attack.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 3:41:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I must be different then, because the more I learn the more angry I get.  A3KID I tell you.  I took the suicide mission easily enough. It hurt that that Americans died for sure. Pain Right side of Heart.  But what I saw on TV was not that important(It was but; not from the point of view of looking at the future), I was thinking where will they hit next. What can they do to us. The more I have learned about this situation the more worried I have become. Small POX VAC?? NO CAN DO. ANTHRAX VAX. NO CAN DO.  If they hit us like this there are going to be a lot of people die.  I run the gammit of Where do I send my children. Will I have sufficient notice. Will I have to wake up each morning and be the sentinel (Drink water) just so that my family might have a chance in hell of getting out of town.  I Know where to send them exactly!! But the point is WHEN??  See I think people think they will be told if officials find things in the water supply.  I don't know that this is true!  Can you imagine the panic?? Can you imagine how out of control a great percentage of the population will be if they do tell us that something has happened??  I talked to people who think like this:
NUKE: "We Live close to an Airforce base, well never know it." HUUH?? Suitcase nukes, No I think I would want to survive anything up to TOTAL NUCLEAR WAR.

SO what makes me the angriest:
I imagine looking helplessly at my 6 and 10 year old daughters as angelic and precious and innocent as they are dying right before my eyes in some sort of agonizing way and me not being able to do anything about it.  THAT BRINGS UP SO MUCH UNIMAGINABLE HATRED YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE. The end result is this: I would take the 700,000,000 million lives in the middle east to save the Three lives which mean so much to me. That is just the way it is.
Ben

Link Posted: 9/29/2001 7:23:41 AM EDT
[#12]
... sometimes I'm not sure of shortwave radio resources either.

I'm not an expert, just learning actually.
... but it seems to be, at least, near real time reporting from afar. I need to get some formal instuction on operations and listening.

Link Posted: 9/29/2001 9:17:41 AM EDT
[#13]
What is for damn certain right now, is that if we don't rid the face of the earth of this vermin, we will have to begin thinking about what steps should be taken in the event of a nuclear attack on our country!

If Bin-Laden had possessed nuclear weapons, who would doubt that he'd have used them in this attack?

So just consider, that what Hitler and Tojo couldn't do, what Stalin only wished he could do, is something that has already been done by these terrorists.

They stopped Great America dead in its tracks!

If only for just a week, a day, or a moment, this earth ceased to spin, there was no night, there was no day, there was no other news, there was just that indescribably dreadful scene of two magnificient skyscrapers, burning together and falling together into a funeral pyre, upon which our fellow citizens and others were offered up as the latest of sacrifices to man's imhumanity to man.

I'm not certain how this will all work out, but I am convinced that 'normal' is not a word in which we'll ever be able to have much confidence!

Eric The(Lord,WeLiveIn'Interesting'Times)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 9:38:32 AM EDT
[#14]
We don't know what's true and what's not.
If it is true, this is the cost of doing business.
Onward.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 9:54:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Fox news reported that some news reporters and tour guides were captured. Hope that is the true story. Feel bad for the reporters but we need our Specs. Ops.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 9:28:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Taliban would deny the story. Osama denies the WTC attack.

I heard SAS was already in there the evening of 9/11/01.

I hope none of our boys have been captured or killed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top