Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2001 4:48:23 PM EDT
I ordered a handgun from a guy in TX. He said he delivered it on Tuesday (3 days ago) and to my understanding, pistols must be shipped next day or air mail. My FFL still hasn't got it. You think its just this whole WTC tragedy thats delaying shipping or do you think the dealer I bought it from is lying??? I can't wait any longer. [pissed]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm with ya, Kalif.  I bought a handgun from a guy in MN, it was supposed to have shipped Saturday, I figure second day air and I'll have it on Tuesday or so, so far nada.  WTF?

Someone please 'splain this?
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Did he give you a tracking number? Perhaps you can call the guy and ask for it.

CR, if you don't specifically ask for Saturday pick-up service, it won't ship until Monday and you will receive it on Wednesday.

It sounds like there are some delays here. If they are not meeting their advertised delivery commitments, you may be able to get a pro-rated refund.

But you should always get a tracking number from the shipper.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 10:44:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought stuff from Brownells, Wideners, Midway Tapco, Gun Parts Corp and Global Trades.

Brownells, Tapco and Gun Parts have VERY fast service. Stuff is sent out the same or next day orders are placed.

Midway is about average.

Wideners website ordering has been very strange the past couple of months. I ordered something from them the end of june and got a email the end of july telling me it was out of stock. No explanation if I was put on a backorder list so I ordered the same thing again 2 weeks later. No stuff and not even an email.

Global on the other hand is a slow as tortoise express. It took over a month and a WTF is happening letter to get the stuff I ordered. The explanation I got was they only had 1 person working 2 hours a week processing orders.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 7:02:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep.  issues.

Sent a package [u]Priority[/u] last Monday, and as of today (Saturday), it still ain't there.

Why did I pay the $

I also had a package going to the Netherlands sent on the 10th, that hasn't been received yet either.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Ammoman; ordered Monday, shipped Tuesday, received Thursday.

Also got a kicka** custom Benchmade knife from Santa Fe Stoneworks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 1:15:04 AM EDT
[#7]
God knows it wouldn't suprise me if the FBI isn't having all shipments of this type checked.

God where is our oversight?

Ben
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top