Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2001 1:52:37 PM EDT
Seems like the best choice in this terrain?
Granted the target is yet to be ID'ed and mobile.

Is this the weapon of last resort?  or is this the proper retaliation?
I think the time has past for "walking softly and (merely) carrying a big stick!"
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 2:01:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Two points:

1. Fallout drifting eastward toward China
2. WAY too much collateral damage.  Can you imagine what this would do for their recruitment!
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 2:14:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Why? Because we already have enough enemies. We do not need to add every single one of our allies to our enemies list.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Read some stories about the taliban and afghani civillians. A lot of civis want nothing to do with them, and try to go on about their own business. Their guns were taken by the taliban and they can't fight back. They were promised peace and safety and they got screwed.

I think things are going the way they need to now. Afghan civilians are leaving. Taliban is losing cohesion. Northern alliance is attacking, and will probably be getting more weapons. I don't think it's going to be easy, but 'not going to be anything like the russians vs afghanistan.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 3:17:33 PM EDT
[#4]
You can rig the smaller nukes to detonate from less than 1 kiloton to about 26 kilotons.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 10:36:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Dun it already!
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p1ce5e535d40a849a5a57cfcf4683f44a/fe38b337.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 10:38:09 PM EDT
[#7]
FAE?
Hope Fuel Air Explosive
cpermd
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#8]
... I say you guys got no faith!

... we can do this without all the fallout (no pun intended) of firing off hot tips.

... you'll see
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 3:18:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Neutron Bombs, Twice the Radiation, No messy cleanup.(Short lived radiation at that).

Actually if we get bugged,nuked or chemed here in America I say start east of Isreal and burn everything down to the chinese border. That will pretty much get rid of all the terrorists there and then all the future terrorists as well...... BOYS WE GOTTA LONG FRICKEN STRUGGLE BEFORE US, AINT GONNA BE ANY NUKEN, JUST PULLIN TRIGGERS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top