Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2001 12:01:51 AM EDT
Now, I'm all for a free market economy, but this just has me pissed.

Was browsing through Auction Arms today, and ran across an HK93, my first thought is, "WAY overpriced".  So I took a look at the pictures, there's a scratch here, there's a scratch there...  Funny, I had the same scratches on my old gun.  Hey, mine was a Saco import, with the same date code.  Hey how many folks have a MP5/40 A3 stock on their 93, other than my old one!?!?

Seller in CO!?!  I lived in CO, and sold my gun there 9 months ago...  

Then it hits me, that's my freakin gun!!!  Well, not anymore...

So why am I upset?  Well, first off, the guy was a dipshit, but I sold to him in part because he was a friend of a friend.  He low balled me on the price, but at the time I really needed the money, and again, as a bit of a favor to my friend, who let me use his table at that gunshow.  

In addition he showed up with a case of .223 Wolf when he came back to pick up the gun, I told him he better not even think of using it in the 93...  He kept on bugging me after the purchase to get him 'cheap' HK parts.

but I needed the money, and he seemed like a good guy, so I gave him a good deal, on a decent condition HK, hoping he would enjoy it, not try to sell it for $400 profit a short time later.

But what really bothers me (other than the use of annoying words in the ad like "YO" and "great anti-terrorism device") is the string of lies in the ad, including lies referring to me, as the original owner!

Bought from credible man that said he bought it new in 1979. Said all was HK. He now lives in Politically Correct city of Boulder that will not let him keep it.
View Quote

Sure I'm credible (at least he got that right), but I sure as hell wasn't the only owner, although I bought it from the original owner, yeah right, I've heard that line before.  I lived near Boulder, but not in Boulder, but the city doesn't even have and 'assault weapon' ban, so that shoots that theory.

More lies

Extremely tiny and minor claw marks from one-time experiment with "A friend's scope mount."
View Quote

Actually, I dropped the gun doing rifle to handgun transitions, and it's a rather noticeable scratch.  I explained this to him.

Easy 98-99%
View Quote

Bullshit, when I left it, it was a 95% at very best...

Anyway, watch out for this guy, I regret selling to him, as someone who would lie about small things for no reason, usually has bigger lies to hide as well.

[url]http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?ItemNum=1845078[/url]

So check it out, but don't buy the gun! (I'll give your more details if you are really interested in the gun)  And don't feel afraid to email the guy to screw with him, just don't let on that I caught him lying.

Edited to fix link.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 12:05:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Something wrong with that link.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 12:12:11 AM EDT
[#2]
0 bids ;)

correct link:
http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?ItemNum=1845078
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 12:14:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 1:16:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?ItemNum=1845078[/url]
View Quote

Thanks for fixing the link.

Strange, I don't check Auction Arms very often, so I can't believe I happened to come across my old gun.

Another funny story.  I sold a Glock22 last year, and advertised it on this board.  I had an offer from a member in Denver to trade for a USP40c.  I had no use for another USP40c, so I said no thank you.

Went to a gunshow later that week, and sold the G22 to a dealer early in the show.  Apparently the Glock sold to one individual, and again to another (the same day!).  I ran into the final owner of my old G22 later that day at a friends table.  We got to talking, and it turned out he was the AR15.com member who had offered the trade for the USP!
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 1:52:54 AM EDT
[#5]
It looks like this guy isn't new to selling on Auctionarms.
He's done at least 50 transactions. Maybe you should ask your friend if he knew this guy was dealing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 4:24:10 AM EDT
[#6]
saw a guy walking around with one like that at tanners last weekend. going to crossroads of the west today as its setup day. he most likely if he's that bad will have it out and if it sells will cancel his ad. will let you know if I see it.
which shows does he do up here. jon
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 4:51:54 AM EDT
[#7]
WE've got a guy in this area that reminds me of. ne of his "friends" will get a good deal on something and he will want it. He'll beg and plead saying he has always wanted one of those every since he was still crapping in his diapers but has never had the money. He'll finally get them to sell it to them for what they paid for it to help the poor guy out. Within a week you'll hear about the guy selling the gun for a large profit.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 7:29:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Wouldn't it be funny if we all bid about $800.00 saying were not gonna pay more than what a AR costs.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 7:50:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Who'd want to buy this thing anyway? You could get a damn fine AR-15 for less than half the price and have a much better rifle to boot. Not that I'd boot a rifle... [:D]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 8:36:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the heads up! The price is a bit much, however it does look very clean.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 8:43:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
WE've got a guy in this area that reminds me of. ne of his "friends" will get a good deal on something and he will want it. He'll beg and plead saying he has always wanted one of those every since he was still crapping in his diapers but has never had the money. He'll finally get them to sell it to them for what they paid for it to help the poor guy out. Within a week you'll hear about the guy selling the gun for a large profit.
View Quote

Yup, that sounds about right...

I guess I should pick my associates better.  I don't live there anymore, so it's a moot point.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:05:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
saw a guy walking around with one like that at tanners last weekend. going to crossroads of the west today as its setup day. he most likely if he's that bad will have it out and if it sells will cancel his ad. will let you know if I see it.
which shows does he do up here. jon
View Quote

Thanks, he's a very tall blonde guy, and kind of goofy looking

Thanks for the heads up! The price is a bit much, however it does look very clean.
View Quote

Yeah, A true 98% 93a3 should sell for around $2300-2400.  But this rifle (when I left it) was a shooter in my opinion, 95% is being too generous.

Actually, I got screwed when I bought the rifle originally.

I got it from out of state, the guy BSed me for about 30 mins over the phone "yeah, I've only put one mag through it, it's been in my safe, I bought it from the original owner who was an old man who collected stamps... I don't think he ever shot it, it's 99% a least, best condition gun I own..."  

Keep in mind, I'm very picky about HKs, some folks might have been satisfied with the gun, but I flipped when I saw it, and my FFL was looking at me thinking, "yep, you should have waited for me to find one for you."

First off (other than the two week wait after he got payment, and no next day air, like I paid for) the gun was blue-gray like the older HK guns.  I had insisted that the gun be the newer black finish, yeah, I'm picky.  I was afraid it was going to be gray, due to the year of manufacture, but the seller insisted, "yeah, this rifle is black as night."

So it arrives at my FFL, guess what, it's gray.  There are visible scratches on the trigger housing, a couple marks on the receiver and bbl, the stock and forearm are complete shit (coloring damage, scratches and a buttplate reglued on to the a2 stock).  The a3 stock, which supposedly came with the gun, is off of an MP5/40!  

I had to force the bolt out of the receiver, the gun was so dirty.  I don't think it had ever been cleaned since 1979!  There was corrosion on the bolt head, that I tried and tried to get rid of.  Anyway, I was so sick of dealing with the seller, and I had originally gotten a good deal (for a 99% gun), that I kept it for a shooter.  

So, I learned my lesson, don't buy a rifle sight-unseen, unless you know the guy.  

But I explained all of this to the fella I sold the 93 to.  He didn't care, he just seemed happy to have it.  I thought that was because he was in love with the gun, not because he was planning to resale for profit.

Maybe this gun is bad luck...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top