Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2001 8:23:09 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me what the German says to the GI as he stabs him in the upstairs bayonet seen.
               Thanks, One-Slayer
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#1]
yeahhh! I've always wondered that too...

weird... it was like he was making love to him...

"oh baby... my knife is so hard.. shhhh... just take it baby"

That was the most disturbing scene in the movie.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:54:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Kinda gives a guy the willys doesn't it. [xx(][xx(]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I looked around the net a bit and found some rough translation for all the German in the movie.

Here's a general idea written in by Iris.

Omaha Beach: The soldiers who surrender actually say: "Don't shoot. We Didn't Kill Anyone." (Czech)

Village where Caparzo is killed: The droning German voice in the background is typical for German propaganda. Basically it is meant to discourage the American troops, so they would surrender.

Village where Caparzo is killed: When the wall crumbles away and the search party faces a group of German soldiers, shouting and screaming, they basically yell obscenities ("Schweinehunde" means something like 'bastards' or 'pig dog?'.) and urge them to drop their weapons.

MG-Nest, right after Wades death: Steam-Boat Willie continues digging, stating that: "They [the graves] are not deep enough yet." And when they want to shoot him, he frantically apologizes: "I'm sorry for what has happened to your medic. That's war, isn't it?" And as he - blindfolded - walks down the road: "I won't turn round."

Mellish being knifed to death: This scene is even worse when you know German, for the German soldier says: "Don't fight it. Shh... You'll see it's better this way."

Final encounter with Steam Boat Willie: "It's Upham. He won't do us any harm." Upham tells the others to scoot.

got the preceding from:
[url]http://www.un-official.com/SPR/SPRAbout.html#faq[/url]

Viper Out
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:14:16 PM EDT
[#4]
In the movie's credits, the 'German' soldier who kills Mellish is referred to as a 'Czech Wermacht Soldier' (note: that's supposed to be 'Wehrmacht'), played by Martin Hub. If my high school and college German courses serve me well, this Czech soldier, speaking German to an American(!) says: "Don't be afraid... it won't take long... it won't hurt that much... just calm down."

As far as what 'Steamboat Willie' (actor Joerg Stadler) says to Cpl. Upham in his final scene at Ramen, when 'captured', it's: "Upham, you remember me. You are not a soldier!" and then bang!

Then Cpl. Upham forgets everything he should have learned by now and lets the other Germans escape!

Eric The(AchDuLieber!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:15:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Steelviper!  Good post.

And a good post by our resident Hun as usual!

[beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top