Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2001 6:40:46 PM EDT
of the country and back to Afganistan??  

Tonight I was listening to the FOX news network that was airing Hanity and Combs{SP} while reloading and they had a couple of congressmen on the program. One of the politions stated that " evidence is coming to light that some of the terrorists where going to gunshows and purchasing weapons to have smuggled back afganistan, if the gunshow loophole was closed this would have never happened"  WTF!!!  Yeah a terrorist is going to spend $400 on a semi auto sar-1 instead of going down to the dirt market in the town of CamelDung Afganistan and buy one for $75 from little Abdul that is a full auto. Where do these tards get their info.?  They had to try and tie firearms into this somehow didn't they.

{rant mode off}
idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]
If one was a terrorist, why the hell would you pay retail and a half at a gunshow when black market guns in 3rd world countries can be had for 30% or less than our "evil " gunshows? Hell, its not even really black market, Im sure the real AKs are as common to them as Budwieser is to us!

Progress - to move forward
Congress - what do you think!!

[beer]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Shit, that just means less guns on the US market.

Why should the congrASSmen be complaining?
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#4]
A couple of years ago I was watching one of those news magazines on TV, and they had a story on how these Mom and Pop operations in the backs of stores in Kabul was turning out homemade AKs!  These people would trade or sell them to anyone who had the means, damn I wish I could remember more of the details.  Yeah, I'm sure they would want a crappy semi-auto for $300 when they could trade a goat for one over there.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Very, very convienent way to close the "gunshow loophole", now isn't it?
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:41:25 PM EDT
[#6]
the russians next door are eager to sale them anything they want,  "cheap"  it is stupid that they would go through all that trouble , and cross borders etc. if this was true surely some would have been caught by now! why wouldnt they buy from the news papers, etc from people saleing their goodies. the facts dont support the claims. no case of this has ever came to my ears! ill bet sarah brady is behind this!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Just more propaganda as usual.  I'm really surprised that the gun grabbers have not come up with an angle to confiscate guns because of the terrorist attacks yet.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#8]
First class BS......why would you expect less?
[;)]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:54:45 PM EDT
[#9]
If we want to stop terrorism you must be willing to give up the outdated 2nd amendment right.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:23:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, If they were buying, the truth is much more disturbing.  If/when the terrorists use guns for their next surprise event, the victims will include us.  We will be in a fight like no other, just to retain the rights we have.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:36:09 PM EDT
[#11]
as i have pointed out before. Pakistan makes HK knock offs. why would they go through the trouble of smuggling guns from the hated enemy, when they can buy them from their allies next door?

preaching to the choir lib
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:45:01 PM EDT
[#12]
You know, if I'm not mistaken, you don't even have to bother with that Form 4473 Yellow Sheet when you buy a weapon at the bazaar in Islamabad!  And [b]no[/b] background checks!

Eric The(I'veHeardThatThereAreNoWaitingPeriodsEither!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Who was the dumb-ass politician that said that?
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You know, if I'm not mistaken, you don't even have to bother with that Form 4473 Yellow Sheet when you buy a weapon at the bazaar in Islamabad!  And [b]no[/b] background checks!

Eric The(I'veHeardThatThereAreNoWaitingPeriodsEither!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

I'm waiting for an anti to realize that, and use it as "proof" that readily available firearms lead to terrorism. [BD]

Link Posted: 9/27/2001 10:45:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Dang,

I guess I'm dumb too.  I've been looking for a new Glock.  Can't find the one I want here for the price I want.

I just purchased round trip airfare to Austria for $1100.  When I get there, I think I can get a G17 for about 600 bucks or so.  Then I'll deal with all the customs stuff and have it shipped back to my FFL.  All told, I should be able to grab this pistol for an even $2000.  [%|]

(Note for any lurking feds, this is a JOKE.  I do not intend to do this.  I simply wish to show a case study for the tremendous turd logic used by this politician.)
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Post from Stealth -
I'm waiting for an anti to realize that, and use it as "proof" that readily available firearms lead to terrorism.
View Quote

Yes, just like the readily available condom in my wallet [u]invaribly[/u] led to poon when I was young and irresponsible!

Eric The(OldAndIrresponsible)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 11:55:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Yes, just like the readily available condom in my wallet [u]invaribly[/u] led to poon when I was young and irresponsible!
View Quote

LMFAO!!!! did it have pre ban features like ribbed sides?
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 12:57:38 AM EDT
[#18]
SOF had a great article a few months ago about the Peshawar, Pakistan backwoods gunmakers. Melting down brake drums, toasters, and such to make these franken-guns. I guess they should be shopping here at gunshows.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 1:05:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Post from Stealth -
I'm waiting for an anti to realize that, and use it as "proof" that readily available firearms lead to terrorism.
View Quote

View Quote

That of course, was the hope and dream of almost all male youth.

Thanks for reminding me of a thousand shattered fantasies.  [:(]

[:D]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 3:45:33 AM EDT
[#20]
So THAT's whos been buying all those POS Davis .32's.....
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 3:52:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If we want to stop terrorism you must be willing to give up the outdated 2nd amendment right.
View Quote

[stick]Imbroglio
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 5:04:49 AM EDT
[#22]
It would be easy for terrorist to get their hands on several legally purchased ARs AKs or .50s to pull an attack on a target using these arms.  They appear to have trained in the use of small arms from the videos I have seen of their camps. With increased security at military bases and airport I bet they will try something on a less secure site.  Just think, if they can get some assess to fly a plane into a building guaranteeing certain death, how hard would it be to convince someone to attach a site when they may even survive the attach to fight again another day.  

Any thoughts on the affect such an attack using legally purchased small arms would have on gun control legislation.

Link Posted: 9/28/2001 5:48:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 6:30:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Let me know where they are. I've got a few crappy pieces in my collection I'd like to part with.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 6:36:47 AM EDT
[#25]
What a bunch of BS............
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 6:37:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Bull SH!T....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top