Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2001 1:16:51 PM EDT
Anybody notice there hasn't been much mention of EgyptAir flight 990 that crashed in 99? That flight left JFK airport in NY & killed 214 people.   Looking more likely it was an intentional crash which we did not pay enough attention to.

"I am supported by Allah, to die for Allah" were the words reportedly used by an EgyptAir pilot who allegedly crashed a jet in November of 1999.

If after reviewing the voice recorder our authorities believed the theory that the co-pilot commited suicide by crashing the jet, it is one more indication our authorities were not planning properly.

Link Posted: 9/27/2001 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#1]
In retrospect, you are probably right.  I thought of it almost as soon as it came out the planes were hijacked.

Was 990 a trial run? A experiment? To see if the job could be done with just one man?
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#3]
This is the first thing I thought about after the WTC attack.  Glad I'm not the only one.  Egypt is full of extremists and I would not be suprised at all to find out people connected with recent events have ties to Egypt.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 1:58:25 PM EDT
[#4]
When it was first suggested that the co-pilot intentionally crashed the plane, his family and Arab groups started screaming "This is just racist sterotyping Arabs as lunatic murderers!"  

Of course, in the end, intentionally crashing the plane is exactly what the co-pilot did.

Islam is a really twisted belief system that puts the promise of a great afterlife above conditions here on earth, and even the well-being of fellow mortals.  

Christianity is kind of the same way, but it never says "Want a sure-fire path to paradise and salvation?  Then kill people who don't share your beliefs!"  
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
When it was first suggested that the co-pilot intentionally crashed the plane, his family and Arab groups started screaming "This is just racist sterotyping Arabs as lunatic murderers!"  

Of course, in the end, intentionally crashing the plane is exactly what the co-pilot did.

Islam is a really twisted belief system that puts the promise of a great afterlife above conditions here on earth, and even the well-being of fellow mortals.  

Christianity is kind of the same way, but it never says "Want a sure-fire path to paradise and salvation?  Then kill people who don't share your beliefs!"  
View Quote

Hey, I was one of those who said that the FBI was sterotyping, just like they did with Wen Ho Lee. Up to that time you never saw a married, professioinal Muslim with a family undertake a suicide mission. The usual suspects in terror attacks never recruited such men. Bin Laden does. But who knew that then?  
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 2:10:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I never liked airplanes. I love heights, just not planes.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 2:17:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Hold the phone, Wen Ho Lee IS A SPY.

Explain why he was going in to a security controlled area at 2 AM on Christmas AFTER his security was revoked?

WTF did he do with the tapes of classified material he ADMITS he took?
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#8]
You're just a racist stereotyper, CitGrad.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hold the phone, Wen Ho Lee IS A SPY.

Explain why he was going in to a security controlled area at 2 AM on Christmas AFTER his security was revoked?

WTF did he do with the tapes of classified material he ADMITS he took?
View Quote

Really?  Then why was the FBI unable to get him on anything but the one charge he pled to- unlawful removal of secure materials? Specificaly taking his work home with him at night- something that it seems everyother person in his section also did at the time?
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:17:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Funny how all this BS keeps orinating in the middle east.
Oh, gee. I guess saying that makes me a rascist.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Damm,, you know the wreck was never salvaged,,,gee how many Rolexes etc. are on the bottom.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:11:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Gee, you're right, by that logic OJ is "innocent," too.

Edited to address YOUR edit:  It was NOT "his" work, it was outside his area specifically BECAUSE they were in the process of revoking his clearance.  He had no legitimate businessA posessing the classified material at all, let alone off premises.  Also, whenever I take work home (said work not being ILLEGAL to take off premises, unlike Lee, no matter what "others" do) I tend to KEEP it, because I had a legitimate use for it, I retain it.  He will not reveal the location of the classified material, therefore he was NOT just doing homework.

Also, "everyone else does it, too" is neither a defense to a speeding ticket nor spying.  

Lastly, that claim was his "defense" or at least a part of it, don't believe everything that comes out of the mouth of guys facing massive prison time.

Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:32:15 AM EDT
[#13]
X-Files. "The Truth is Out There"
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Posted By Someone:
Anybody notice there hasn't been much mention of EgyptAir flight 990 that crashed in 99? That flight left JFK airport in NY & killed 214 people.   Looking more likely it was an intentional crash which we did not pay enough attention to.
View Quote

Yes.

A lot of people suspected it was mass murder when it happened (not just the black helicopter gang - people "in charge"). The thought was too repugnant to contemplate though.

I was starting to think that no one else in the world has noticed that the emperor has no clothes..........
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#15]
What about Flight 800 as well then?  I mean, there are credible witnesses who saw a missile and the FBI just ignored them.  Suppose it was a coverup?  The Clinton Administration was never known for its honesty.  The Taliban has over 100 Stinger missiles that we gave them, most are still functional. 747s don't just blow up for no reason, which is the line of bull that we have been expected to swallow.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Whatever happenned to 800, it was NOT a Stinger, max altitude of the stinger was several thou below the level of the plane when hit, I think it was near 14K or so.

Also, don't give too much credence to wits who say they were looking at the nondescript plane BEFORE it exploded, as there would be no reason to look at ANOTHER airliner in an established flyway.

Nobody looked at it until after somthing caught their eye.  Trust me here, I've probably taken about a thousand depositions, give or take.  It is NOT that the testimony of an eyewitness is worthless, but it IS highly unreliable.  I have yet to hear two witnesses describe a simple daylight fender bender similarly enough that you'd think they saw the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#17]
It was, and remains, pretty obvious that EgyptAir's copilot deliberately crashed the plane.  As for why, my opinion when I saw the news stories, back when it happened, was that that flight had forty-some Egyptian military officers on board who had just undergone training in the U.S., according to the news reports.

I figure the copilot decided that these military officers would be used against religious fundamentalists in Egypt, and decided to prevent them from ever doing so.  Remember, it was only a few years ago that Egyptian fundamentalists were killing tourists to fight the "cultural invasion".
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 9:45:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Achmed's explanation makes a lot of sense.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top