User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2001 6:21:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 11:03:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 12:41:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 3:52:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Davidr, I am certainly a conservative though I hold to no illusion that any politician is my friend.  Actually before GB appointed him to the evil sounding Homeland Defense, I had never even heard of him.  The only way you get a pro-gun politician is to make him be one, otherwise he does what he thinks will get him the most votes come election time.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 4:40:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't believe anyone who champions gun rights would trust any of our politicians, especially the Executive Branch.  Bush clearly talks out of both sides of his mouth.  He's all about freedom and liberty when he speaks.  Then he goes and proposes all kinds of new, liberty-destroying laws and calls up the National Guard to police the airports.  What the hell?

Bush is a typical frat boy.  He's nice as pie to your face.  But the minute you're out of the room, he's either stealing from you or trying to get your girl into bed.  He's a snake in the grass and the only reason gun people like him is because he appears more genuine and folksy than Clinton.  

Did anyone think Homeland Defense was going to be anything but coercive force against the American people?  What else could it possibly target, based on how it is being set up?  
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 4:48:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I can't believe anyone who champions gun rights would trust any of our politicians, especially the Executive Branch.  Bush clearly talks out of both sides of his mouth.  He's all about freedom and liberty when he speaks.  Then he goes and proposes all kinds of new, liberty-destroying laws and calls up the National Guard to police the airports.  What the hell?

Bush is a typical frat boy.  He's nice as pie to your face.  But the minute you're out of the room, he's either stealing from you or trying to get your girl into bed.  He's a snake in the grass and the only reason gun people like him is because he appears more genuine and folksy than Clinton.  

Did anyone think Homeland Defense was going to be anything but coercive force against the American people?  What else could it possibly target, based on how it is being set up?  
View Quote

Boy, I wish Algore won the election.
[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I voted for Ridge back in '94(?) when he ran for governor of Pennsyltucky.  He ran on a pro-gun platform at the time and then supported and signed into law a whole series of bullshit "gun rights reforms" which were nothing more than gun control measures meant to placate the communistas in Philthydelphia and Shittsburg.

He's a real friggin' slimeball.[whacko]

But he was loyal to Pappabush and so Babybush rewarded him with a position as Kommisar of the Interior.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Everyboby is freaking out right now and trying to pass all this terror legislation.  We all need to keep our eyes open to what's going on.  I hope most of you get you Freedom First mag from the NRA.  Good issue this month...
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:Everyboby is freaking out right now and trying to pass all this terror legislation.  We all need to keep our eyes open to what's going on.  I hope most of you get you Freedom First mag from the NRA.  Good issue this month...
View Quote

not to salt the wounds, but it isn't like the NRA is our best friend (CARA) either.

posted by Torf

View Quote

I think the point is all politicians are untrustworthy.

Zaz
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:11:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

posted by Torf

View Quote

I think the point is all politicians are untrustworthy.

Zaz
View Quote

Granted, but some are more than others.  Everybody gets their undies in such abunch about GWB, but really what choice did we have?

Gore would have already signed new AW bans, and began punitive action on states with CCW.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Dubyah said that Tom Ridge is a GOOD FRIEND of his.

Torf demonstrates my point.

Gun control introduced by the democrats = unconstitutional and hysterical.

The exact same gun control introduced by the republicans = common sense and reasonable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top