Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2001 11:42:09 PM EDT
Are those still coming or has that deal gone away?  Was looking forward to one of em.

Sexual Harrasment Panda is funny as shit by the way.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 11:50:30 PM EDT
[#1]
How much are they?
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 2:33:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you try classic arms? They've had the Romanian SKSs on their web site for months. Not a Yugo, but I heard they are okay. $150 or so.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I asked this same question about 3 weeks ago on the "other" board and am sorry to say that they are not making it into the US. (IIRC) [:(] Damn that sucks!
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Did you try classic arms? They've had the Romanian SKSs on their web site for months. Not a Yugo, but I heard they are okay. $150 or so.
View Quote

No, no, we're waiting for the new yugos. They are in MUCH better condition than the romanians and go for like $800 for the few that are in the country now. Very nice wood furniture.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How much are they?
View Quote

I think the plan was $300 or less. I'm still hoping...
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:38:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I seen a yugo SKS at a gunshow a few months back, very high quality for a SKS. Very solid and very new.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I would like to get one if they are $300 or less. Do they come with bayonets?
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 10:22:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I asked this same question about 3 weeks ago on the "other" board and am sorry to say that they are not making it into the US. (IIRC) [:(] Damn that sucks!
View Quote

Oh, crap.  Maybe I'll go get one of those cheap romanians.  Wife gave the OK for a new purchase so at least I don't have to wait I guess.  From the pics those Yugos were awfully sweet.  Damn.

Imb- bayonets and a grenade launcher.  Sweet.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 2:57:59 AM EDT
[#9]
SOG has the Yugo's now but won't sell in CA. Thanks a stinkin' lot.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:29:29 AM EDT
[#10]
OK  Here is the deal on the Yugo SKS.

Many are already here in the country, FYI I have an very impressive example in my gunsafe this very moment.

Interordnance.com  has these right now for $250-$300

Classic arms has these right now for $250

Lew Horton has these from $250-$300

Cetury International arms is on the verge of a very large shipment. They will then supply aimsurplus.com, SOG etc....  These will cost around $150-$200 although they may not be in the condition that the Interordnace guns are.

I overpaid a little for mine to support my local dealer who takes special care of me. I paid $320.00 +tax. Mine is in Brand New condition it has 99% blue, a mirror bore, a nicely grained stock, and no evidence of ever having been fired. The gas piston and tube is chromed however the bore is not. As stated the rifle comes with a grenade launcher, gas cutoff valve, flip up grenade sites, either phosphorus, or tritium nite sites(mine has the phosphorus and they still work), and a rubber buttpad with a hole for the cleaning kit. They also come with a sling, ammo pouch, oiler with pouch, and cleaning kit.

These are very nice collectors Items and I love mine so far although I have not had the chance to shoot it as yet.

edited to add that these come extremely well covered in cosmoline and I spent at least 2 1/2 hours resurrecting mine.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#11]
[url]www.centerfiresystems.com[/url]

[img]http://www.centerfiresystems.com/images/SKS/YugoSKScost.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.centerfiresystems.com/images/SKS/YugoSKS-Small.jpg[/img]

-bc
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for ruining my day Matt. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 6:23:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Are these C&R?
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#14]
It comes with a grenade launcher too! I wish I didn't buy that titanium thing today because now I don't have enough money to get a SKS.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#15]
It's those danged grenade launchers!

Okay, it's really those danged politicians, but rules is rules.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 12:12:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for ruining my day Matt. [;)]
View Quote

No kidding! I have a C&R and was ready to spend my unemployment check on one (or two). No sales in CA? Holy crap! They're C&R for God's sake!
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 1:27:53 AM EDT
[#17]
I reckon next to the East German copy, the Yugo is the next best. Anyone got an East German SKS?

If so, then you'll know what I mean.

Cheers and Beers,
1feral1
Sydney
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 2:49:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Yes, the Yugos are C & R. I got a 'like-new' one from InterOrdnance for $300 and am very pleased with the overall condition. The metal is the blackest I have ever seen on a C & R. I would say it's between 95%-99%. The bore is bright with crisp rifling. The stock has zero nicks or scratches but is made from some of the ugliest wood I have ever seen. The whole thing was had a very heavy covering of cosmo and took several hours to clean up.

(A word of caution on cleaning up the cosmoline. I used denatured alcohol on mine, which did a great job of removing the cosmo. Unfortunately, it also removed the paint from the numbers on the grenade launcher site. So be careful there.)

I've yet to get it to the range for a test fire. Maybe next weekend. I did read of one guys range experience over on AK-47.net. In less than ideal weather conditions, and without really trying, he was getting 4" groups at 50 yards. Not great, but I'll withhold judgement till I shoot mine.

Also, SOG is advertising them in good-very good condition for $149, although when last I checked (last Monday), then hadn't arrived yet.

(Edited cause I don't know how to spell "of".)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top