Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2001 6:39:25 PM EDT
i'm trying to put aout feelers in places i think i will get a quality response ... i'm looking an ak pistol post ban construction..i've seen 'em and want to locate someone who manufactures them
  thanx in advance
 john
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:43:26 PM EDT
[#1]
You won't find any.  The jist of why there can't be a postban AK pistol is that any postban pistol that has a magazine outside of the grip cannot weigh more than 50 ounces (I think that number is correct).  

Ergo, there are none.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:14:09 PM EDT
[#2]
There was a guy in Agoura Hills, California, selling some about 3.5 years ago. They were basically a Krinkov, but without a buttstock. He was selling them as pistols somehow, instead of AOWs.

Long story short- He's no longer in business, he can never own a firearm again, and his wife/children left him while he was in the big house.

I was tempted to buy one originally, but I knew something was fishy.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:16:17 PM EDT
[#3]
On a more helpful note, I understand an AK pistol can be made, if the receiver was never assembled as a rifle, and the magazine is fixed, NON-REMOVEABLE. I'm not sure of the exact details, but I'm quite certain there's a way to legally build one.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 4:18:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes it was a pistol type AK with a drum permantly attached to it. Haven't seen one in a long time.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:08:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You won't find any.  The jist of why there can't be a postban AK pistol is that any postban pistol that has a magazine outside of the grip cannot weigh more than 50 ounces (I think that number is correct).  

Ergo, there are none.  
View Quote

they're being made, fixed mag is all.  Unhinge to fill it up.  Someone is doing it with AR pistols also.  There's a guy that advertises them on subguns.com quite often, he has a website showing pics, etc.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:31:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Interesting angle.  The drum is fixed, but Chinese drums unhinge for easy reloading.  Not what you would call a flexable weapon though.  I would think that thing would SCREAM for a flash hider.

I'd rather simply buy an underfolder and live with the extra 6 inches of length.  Wait a minute, I already did:

[IMG]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=192182&a=1409106&p=48086113&Sequence=0&res=high[/IMG]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top