Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2001 3:33:19 PM EDT
I wont be buying it, cant afford it; price is a tad high...

just thought i'd pass some info along...

[url]http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=2110653[/url]

Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:36:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#2]
pardon my ignorance, but what is so good about an orange mag? it says it only fires blanks the shape it is in now. why bother?
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:41:04 PM EDT
[#3]
the "cool" factor, and the fact that they are rare. I myself have one too, and it is hella sweet.

They can be filed to accecpt live rounds....
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:44:36 PM EDT
[#4]
The seller suggests that "with a couple of minutes and a file, you can make it accept live rounds."  Wouldn't that be ILLEGAL?  If so, don't you think he'd know that and not post it on his auction?[:E]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:46:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The seller suggests that "with a couple of minutes and a file, you can make it accept live rounds."  Wouldn't that be ILLEGAL?  If so, don't you think he'd know that and not post it on his auction?[:E]
View Quote

nope, it's not illegal...

all you do is take the front lip connecting the two feed lips off.

it's not modifying the mag so it will fit in another gun, and not that one.

blanks arent illegal, nor are live arounds.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:50:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thats what I was just wondering, if the atf considers a magazine to be a device which holds and feeds ammunition cartridges, they could probably convince a judge that an orange thermold in original condition is not a magazine since it does not hold or feed real ammunition. and you could be charged with somehting like post '94 manufacture of a high cap? anyone know?

BTW what's the point of orange glock mags? they look like they are for live ammo.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Thats what I was just wondering, if the atf considers a magazine to be a device which holds and feeds ammunition cartridges, they could probably convince a judge that an orange thermold in original condition is not a magazine since it does not hold or feed real ammunition. and you could be charged with somehting like post '94 manufacture of a high cap? anyone know?

BTW what's the point of orange glock mags? they look like they are for live ammo.
View Quote

Orange Glock mags are training mags.. just like the others, but orange.

Be pretty sweet to have some actually.. could keep a speical kinda ammo in them, and automatically know what was in it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:53:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

They're training mags as well, and they are for live ammo.  They're also pretty plentiful.  I see dozens of them at gun shows.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:53:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Look real close at the sellers e-mail.  Is something obvious from it?

Link Posted: 9/26/2001 4:01:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
the "cool" factor, and the fact that they are rare. I myself have one too, and it is hella sweet.
View Quote

Dude, I'm hella sold!

Where's my Mastercard, send me that mag hella fast.

Yo.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 4:05:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Look real close at the sellers e-mail.  Is something obvious from it?

View Quote

hes uses cox cable @home service and his name's cody? am I missing something...I'm in suspense here. what digit should I seed my decoder ring with?

"time for a good ol' fashioned hippy ass-womping"
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 4:09:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
hes uses cox cable @home service and his name's cody? am I missing something...I'm in suspense here. what digit should I seed my decoder ring with?

"time for a good ol' fashioned hippy ass-womping"
View Quote

I think AFARR is saying that this guy is 'obvious'ly a professional Mag seller, in fact if you check his other auctions, he probably has some really cheap Beta-C mags for sale...
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#13]
65 bones???!!!!
damn!!!
I guess I just don't get it.....

or maybe I do....I've got a Thermold and a can of orange spraypaint I'll be willing to part with.....let's start the bidding at, say $50

you can get 3 Thermolds for that price, and they don't need filing, go figure.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 12:54:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes, he is definitely a captain of the mag selling industry.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 8:15:05 AM EDT
[#15]
A few years ago I was walking the aisles of a big gun show when I spotted a seller with a stack of orange Thermolds.  All the other magazines at this show were flying off the table, but no one would touch these.

I'd never seen any before and didn't really know what they were, so I asked.  I think everyone at the show must've tought they were toys or for training, but after looking at the feed lips for 3 seconds I knew what they were.

I bought the whole box for $2 ea.

Being the lazy sort that I am, I used a Dremel and gave them a few strokes with a file as a clean up, using a black Thermold as a guide.  They all work flawlessly.

I get a few weird looks at the range, and sometimes people will actually come over and ask.  When I tell them they usually laugh, and then I let them empty the odd orange mag.  Then they smile.

[img]http://www.mindspring.com/~steel_rat/m4.jpg[/img]

[edited to add picture - yeah, it's a crappy digital camera, but it was cheap. [:D] ]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 8:35:50 AM EDT
[#16]
You be fixin' to raise up and get yur mag on?

peep this..

1 orange- thermold -meltaway -hot rod

or

4 USGI natural metal- tough as bitch- save yo' ass- SUV of mags.

layin' the cut strait.  Check it. I'll take the shooters.

USGI mags are dope, so step off.

This is whack!

gettin' my mag on and my bolt on, chillin' with a flat top.

Zaz

off and up out

[img]http://www.dfcreative.com/backwardcap.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#17]
WTF!! 1 (one) 30rd. mag for $110.00? the dam thing could be gold plated and I still won'nt buy it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top