Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2001 12:21:35 PM EDT
I would like to know if UPS is alerting the government of Ammo deliveries to private residences? And is there a amount that causes the them to notify the government?

A friend of mine has a friend that works for the CIA, and he told my friend that credit card companies are alerting the government of ammo sales.

AmOTramp
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#1]
If the credit card companies are doing that, they are wasting the cia's time.

And why would it be reported to the CIA? They don't handle domestic issues.

I believe 'friend of a friend' stories about as far as I can throw rosie o' donnell.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 12:34:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought the CIA's info was classified to all workers? [:\]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Schnacke, the post doesn't say reported to the CIA, it says government. I believe he told me the FBI, but I can't remember which government agency he said it was for sure, so I said government. If you got about a fifty grand we can hire a PI and get down to the bottom of this.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Even if true, I'm not worried about it at all.  I am a private citizen acting according to the law, and staying within the boundaries of laws which govern the acquisition of firearms and ammunition.  If I want to have 100K rounds, there is nothing they can do unless there is an applicable law that I have broken of which I am unaware.

Regards
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I really doubt these rumors are true.  I just received some ammo I ordered last week and haven't been visited by anyone.  Though, the UPS guy did say his legs were burning after bringing 71lbs of ammo up the stairs to the third floor.  I'm sure there are more important things for everyone involved to do right now than see who's buying ammo.  The UPS guy at my other place complained that I only got heavy boxes.  I think the only people who really care are the drivers who have to deliver the stuff.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I have heard the rumors to this effect for the past week.  During this time, I have received two separate shipments via UPS of ammo, one a case (1000rds) of Q3131A.  So far, I have not had any visits from any government or law enforcement representative.  I would like to here if anyone else has any such problems with ammo shipments though.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 1:21:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Tracking large ammo purchases? Well then I guess they've been [b]real[/b] busy lately. I'm guessin' they've got better things to do.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#8]
2,000 rounds delivered this week.

No black helicopters. None that I have seen anyway.

But just in case, I'll swing by the grocry store tonite to pick up a roll of Reynolds Wrap.

[:D]

Link Posted: 9/26/2001 1:46:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm more worried about my old lady than the Feds. I just had a 520 round can of .30 caliber M2 ball delivered and I've had to listen to her complain since she had to carry it inside the house.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 5:08:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, I guess all the info goes into some vast data base, never to be used.  Unless we vote someone like chuck or hillary into office.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 5:13:34 PM EDT
[#12]
cop: I'm officer (blank, blank) with department so and so.
me: Hello.
cop: We were informed you order a large quantity of ammo.
me: Yep.
cop: Why did you order so much ammo.
me: for shootin'
cop: I would like to come inside your house and look around.
me: nope (closes door)

There you go problem solved. [:D]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Or possibly, they are alrted, find out your name is Fred Wilson or something to that effect, and they no longer care. If they find out your name is Abhul Mohammad, they look closer.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I am on good terms with my UPS dude, and he said that when they do ORM-D (munitions) deliveries, it is just an entry into the system that makes the driver require over-18 human with ID to receive package (or they're supposed to anyway), and to insure the proper transportation mode and package handling is used.  

To the best of his knowledge, there is no gov't paperwork involved at all.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I can honestly say, beyond the shadow of a doubt, UPS really doesn't give a sh*t about how much ammo you recieve at your house.

All they care about is that is comes UPS and not FedEx.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
All they care about is that is comes UPS and not FedEx.
View Quote

As someone who's been involved in logistics for almost 11 years, I can tell you that is 100% true.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 8:38:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I work for UPS and there is no company policy or paper work associated with large quantities of ammo being shipped, other than the ORM-D stuff.  This is manditory by the gov't on all Hazardous materials.  As a matter of fact, ORM-D isn't regulated as much as other hazmat stuff.  No paper work is required, other than a sticker on the box saying ORM-D, which is designated as a consumer commodity of potentially hazardous materials.--like lighters, paint, ammo, etc...

If anyone associated with UPS notifies any gov't body, it is of their own convictions, not the company or the gov't.  I would say, if my driver or his manager is doing this, call a corporate complaint on them.  This will stop. End of story.  1-800-PICK-UPS.

If the credit card companies are doing this, pay with cash, if your that concerned.  

Good luck and keep the ammo comming...I am one driver who looks forward to those heavy boxes being delivered!!!

fuatos
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Even if true, I'm not worried about it at all.  I am a private citizen acting according to the law, and staying within the boundaries of laws which govern the acquisition of firearms and ammunition.  If I want to have 100K rounds, there is nothing they can do unless there is an applicable law that I have broken of which I am unaware.

Regards
View Quote

That's what the Davidians used to think.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks fuatos, I was waiting for a driver to respond to this post. I have read at least 2  threads about this happening to people. If it is true that agents are showing up at peoples homes, they have to be getting the information from somewhere. I don't know for sure about the credit cards issue, but tomorrow I am going to contact my congressmen and ask him to check into it for me. He is very pro-gun and always willing to help. My new AR-10 is hungry and needs food.
               AmOTramp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top