Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2001 9:04:38 AM EDT
I found a LNIB K2 sidefolder that I might be able to get for a good price. Who has actual experience with these? Whadda ya think? I have played w/ a K1A1 but I hate the way the stock feels when firing weapon. I would appreciate any input. I know all the design concepts like AK piston, AR mags and bolt, FN gas regulator. I wanna hear how they run, what breaks, etc.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:06:52 AM EDT
[#1]
They are very good.  I am not aware of any problems.  If you buy it, I'd look for a cheap DR 200 (the postban version) to get your parts supply.  Individual spare parts are very difficult to get.

Link Posted: 9/26/2001 6:53:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Driftpunch. Come on, suckas. Hep a brotha out! Mo' info!
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#3]
thats the last thing you neen you'll shot your eye out!
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:17:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Parts are hard to come by, if not impossible.

Maybe a couple of parts are AR interchangeable, don't count on it.

Safety is awkward, it goes 180 degrees between safe and fire.

Mine was not perfectly reliable, although it did pretty well.

Front sight is a mess due to its shape and makes for a sight picture that could have been much better.

Folding stock is among the best of folding stocks, if not *the* best.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:50:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Very Reliable; The regular sights are great, line up the front with the rear  circles until and center the post, works very well for me.  It is very accurate even with average ammo.  The gun is very well made and I would not worry about parts since it is a very well made "military" rifle and would shoot thousands of rounds without affecting anything.  I like the fact it takes regular M16 Mags in .223.  I just had one problem with the Dr300 that shoot 7.62 * 39 in posts, the mags, high caps. Found some would good and decide to sell the DR300 but we have kept the Pre-bans and posts that shoot .223. They are very under rated because of the name like Daewoo and since they used to make anything from Toasters to Power plants, people are un-aware of it's name in fire-arms.  Worth to have one in collection especially the pre-ban variety!  With wire-stock pushed in and removing the muzzle brake almost turns the rifle into Pistol size.  I bet the ATF would not like that.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:59:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
thats the last thing you neen you'll shot your eye out!
View Quote
No, I might shoot YOUR eye out!
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:10:41 AM EDT
[#7]
you know that if you do pick up this rifle it will be just like yor oly.,ak, tec9,and etc. it will not work!!! hahahahahahaha
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 12:50:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
you know that if you do pick up this rifle it will be just like yor oly.,ak, tec9,and etc. it will not work!!! hahahahahahaha
View Quote
My Oly works asswipe!So does my MP5K![moon]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 7:44:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Not that 24inc flag poll oly. you had and what about that llama .45 ya had what a pos!so whats the word on that AK47 (the only one in the world that dont work) hahahaha [-!-!-] where did ever find enough beer cans to recycle to afford a mp5k?
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 8:43:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Got one.  Great rifle.  What the AR should have been.  Finding spare parts is a pain in the a$$ if you can find them at all (AR trigger group drops right in IIRC) and there aren't accessories available like for the AR's but still a great weapon.  

I enjoy the sights.  Safety is very natural to use.  Can't recommend the K2 enough.

[b][i]Libertas an Mortis![/i][/b]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top