Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2001 7:10:59 AM EDT
Can I?  There is no law against it is there?
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:12:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes!

It's just parts, not a firearm.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:21:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I second DriftPunch.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:26:37 AM EDT
[#3]
So if the guy at the counter asks what it is I should say "A highly intricate piece of machined aluminum and steel that is used to move dangerous materials, such as lead, away from you body." [:P]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:30:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I've sent whole rifles through USPS. Granted, it was to an FFL, but there is no law against it.

Sending an upper is totally legal.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:45:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Good luck.  I've never mailed an upper, but I tried to mail 2 boxes of .45 ammo one time and had to call the main office in D.C.(?) and give them my name and address.  They still couldn't give me the appropriate info so I used UPS instead.  They were very helpful and no hassle.  I think M15A2 has the right idea.  (According to Bonhoeffer, some people are not entitled to the truth.  I agree.)
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#6]
There is no reason to tell the guy at the counter ANYTHING about what's inside the package.  He doesn't NEED to know and he has no RIGHT to ask.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:59:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I went to the post office to check to see if they had a box.  My luck the good guy was working today.  He is in the Army Reserve and is one of the nicest human being on Earth.  He asked what I was shipping and I told him a barrel.  He thought I was talking about a barrel like a barrel of monkeys.  I laughed and said a gun barrel.  He said cool and then told me he didn't have any boxes that long but to check the grocery store.  I found a box a will ship it this afternoon.  Easier than I thought.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So if the guy at the counter asks what it is I should say "A highly intricate piece of machined aluminum and steel that is used to move dangerous materials, such as lead, away from you body." [:P]
View Quote

How about precision paper punching machinery.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 10:05:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How about precision paper punching machinery.
View Quote

OOO  I like that!  Better than mine.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 10:18:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Shouln't be a problem, since the upper not considered a gun.

OT: A few years back, the USPS delivered my DCM M1 Garand via registered mail, all of the post office people know that it was a Grand.  The postman came when I wasn't at home, silly me I was working, so the following Sat., I went to go claim it, and the the postal workers asked me if they take out the firing pin or disable in anyway? At that time I didn't know, until I opened it, it was ready to fire.  I guess they were concerned someone might go postal on them.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 10:22:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There is no reason to tell the guy at the counter ANYTHING about what's inside the package.  He doesn't NEED to know and he has no RIGHT to ask.
View Quote

WRONG!. The USPS not only has every right to know what you are sending through the mail, they have every right to open and inspect anything they want to for any reason.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#12]
I went back and he started asking more questions.  I told him it was part of and AR and he asked if it was .223.  Then he said that is a good bullet.  Cool
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top