Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2001 6:32:46 AM EDT
The Temple Mount Faithful are planning for a third time to lay the cornerstone for a 'third' Jewish temple atop Mount Moriah, which is also known as the [i]Haram al-Sharif[/i], or simply as the Temple Mount.

The last two attempts by this group at laying these cornerstones resulted in violence. The worst was the 1990 'Temple Mount Massacre' when Israeli defense forces killed 17 Palestinians during a riot over the threatened laying of a cornerstone.

The story is at:
[url]http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=24662[/url]

Some believe that the Third Temple (the Temples referred to as 'Solomon's' and 'Herrod's' are the first two) is a necessary requirement for the coming (or the [u]return[/u]) of Messiah!

See related story at:
[url]http://www.washington-report.org/backissues/1196/9611016a.html[/url]
which describes previous attempts to destroy the Moslem temples at [i]Haram al-Sharif[/i].

"And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it," wrote Zechariah roughly 2,500 years ago.

Eric The(WhoKnows?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 6:40:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Eric,  you always have the coolest threads.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 6:43:03 AM EDT
[#2]
CHECK THIS PAGE OUT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!

[url]http://www.snopes2.com/rumors/rumors.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 6:57:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Eric, Is your point that a bunch of people are trying to bring about Armageddon? Or that the countdown has started?

My brother-in-law, a born again Christian, had reams of stuff equating the non-event Y2K crisis with all kinds of biblical prophecy, and prepared for it on that basis, rather than on a realistic look at what a total public service failure would require for survival. I'm a little skeptical of "End times" type prophecies. No doubt it's going to happen, but how does trying to match up events from headlines to something in Revelations help people? Not that this is an accusation, I'm just trying clarify what your point is. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:03:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Post from satcong -
CHECK THIS PAGE OUT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!
View Quote

Very good! [b]Whew![/b] For a moment there, satcong, I thought that Zechariah's statement was going to be listed as an 'urban' legend that was untrue!

Thanks for the complement, I've always enjoyed your posts as well!

Eric The(FeetFirmlyPlantedInThisWorld)Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:46:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Post from Jarhead_22 -
Eric, Is your point that a bunch of people are trying to bring about Armageddon? Or that the countdown has started?
View Quote

Well, I believe that faithful Jews are indeed trying to bring about a coming of the Jewish Messiah and they [b]believe[/b] that a restored Jewish Temple on Mount Moriah is a prerequisite for His coming! So, to answer the first part of your question, my answer is 'yes, some people are [u]trying[/u] to bring about Armageddon.'

The second part of your question, has the countdown already started, I'm not certain, and I'll explain why.

I, too, am a 'born-again' Christian who belongs to a denomination (Church of Christ) that is not known for being much of an 'end times' sort of group. Most Church of Christ folks I know, believe that the Book of Revelation is HISTORY!
That it was written for Christians facing the persecution of the Anti-Christ, known in human history as Nero Claudius Drusus Germanicus, and no other! That there is no need to try to extend this First Century warning to the present day situation!

I'm not so certain. There are many times in the Bible where prophecies appear to mean one thing to one group and yet appear again as something totally different to another.

But just to create an analogy that might fit, consider the following:

The Anasazi Indians of the Four Corners area of the United States, virtually disappeared from the face of the earth between 1130-1180 AD. The direct descendants of these '[i]Anasazi[/i]' or 'ancient ones' were the Pueblo Indians, as they were named by the Spanish Conquistadors.

What would be your reaction if there were to suddenly appear, gathered from the four corners of the earth, a group of people who called themselves Anasazi, spoke the language of the Anasazi, worshipped the gods of the Anzasazi, and who proceeded to kick Americans out of the Four Corners region, and established Taos, New Mexico as the new capital of Anasazi America?

And the Anasazi Americans successfully resisted
all efforts by the Americans to reclaim their land, and continued doing so for at least fifty years!

And all this was verifiably written, [u]before[/u] any of these events occurred, in ancient Anasazi documents that described just such a diaspora and return of the Anasazi people to their original homeland! And those same ancient documents gave their gods credit for all that had happened to them!

If all this occurred, I, for one, would be very interested in reading those ancient Anasazi documents and learning more about their gods!

Well, just consider that the Jews had been dispossessed of their land for more than a thousand years longer than these hypothetical Anasazis!

So, I believe that when we see a third temple being constructed on the Temple Mount, we should start packing! And I don't mean guns!

Eric The(Faithful)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 8:03:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well, just consider that the Jews had been dispossessed of their land for more than a thousand years longer than these hypothetical Anasazis!

So, I believe that when we see a third temple being constructed on the Temple Mount, we should start packing! And I don't mean guns!

Eric The(Faithful)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

My problem with this argument is that the Jews didn't just all converge on Palestine in 1948 and take it over. The British handed it to them lock, stock and two smoking barrels. That they have managed to hang onto it is as much a testament to the effectiveness of American military aid as anything else. Without the $3B we dump into Israel every year, there would be no such country on the maps. Yes, they're tough, but they haven't made some kind of miraculous stand on their own.

The fact that the Jews of the Warsaw ghetto held off the Waffen SS and the Wehrmacht for a month impresses me more than the continued existence of Israel.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 8:18:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Eric,

What about Matthew 24?
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 8:42:44 AM EDT
[#8]
There was some show on the history channel about armageddon.  One of the theories that I particularly liked is that the ultimate battle between good and evil already happened.  But the book got the outcome wrong - evil won.  That would sure explain a lot of things. [:)]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Post from cerberus -
What about Matthew 24?
View Quote

The Lord's Olivet Discourse of Chapters 24 and 25 of Matthew, and its prophecies are precisely the types of prophecy that have double meanings in my humble opinion!

The first meaning has always been a warning to His followers of the coming Jewish Revolt of 66-73AD against Rome.  It's a fact that the early Church 'fled to Pella' just before the outbreak of hostilities in that war! [red]'Not one stone left here upon another...'[/red] is a very accurate way to describe the actions of the Romans who, after their victory, under the mistaken belief that the Jews had hidden gold between the stones of their Temple, proceeded to completely level that structure!

There are too many points to be made here, but it is easy to believe that Jesus was speaking to those who shall not taste of death til the end comes, meaning those alive in 66-73AD!

It is also easy to see that the Lord was also speaking to a generation yet to come. In Chapter 24, v. 15, He made a pointed reference to the Prophet Daniel and to the 'Abomination of Desolation' described in Chapter 9 of that Prophet's book, as 'standing in the holy place'
in the Temple.  This actually happened during the Jewish Revolt when the Zealots seized the Temple from the priests, after the seige of Jerusalem had already begun!

If you were a First Century Christian and were waiting to flee from Jerusalem until the 'Abomination of Desolation' was actually standing in the Temple, by then it was way too late! The Roman Legions had surrounded the City and had already laid seige by that time!

But note that in Chapter 9 of Daniel, there is yet a second reference to the 'Prince who is to come' making war on the Temple and Jerusalem!

The Romans didn't destroy the Temple twice! At least not YET!

So, might the Temple have to be rebuilt, even in 'troublesome times?'

Eric The(SoWhatDoYouThink?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:49:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Is there a divine order that the next temple has to be built on the same spot as the last two?  It seems as though the Jews could save themselves a lot of trouble by building it, say, two blocks over.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Instead of trying to guess something only God knows, I keep the faith and live day to day.

M15(Don't worry about it and live the best life you can)A2 [;)]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Post from Jarhead_22 -
My problem with this argument is that the Jews didn't just all converge on Palestine in 1948 and take it over. The British handed it to them lock, stock and two smoking barrels.
View Quote

Pretty much, the Jews converged on Israel after World War II! The British and the UN may have handed the 'deed' over to the Israelis, but it was the Israelis who held onto the Land after the Brits and the UN left at the beginning of the 1948 War with the Arab League!

BTW, the Israelis had [u]no[/u] US help during the 1948 War!  It had [u]no[/u] help from the US during the Suez War of 1956, and [u]no[/u] help from the US during the Six Day War in June, 1967!

Up to 1967, Israel's principal allies and the source of almost all their military assistance were Britain and France. Only after the Six Day War did the United States become Israel's main ally and military supplier.

BTW, the folks who think that the USS Liberty attack in that war was a deliberate act and use the fact that the Israeli planes were, 'gasp', unmarked, need to think about this fact - the attacking Israeli aircraft were French Mirage III fighters and were not flown BY ANY OTHER NATION IN THAT WAR! The Mirages are extremely identifiable, so what did Israel need with any exterior markings? Who could they fool? Not US!

So, I think the Anasazi analogy holds true, but if you want, we can allow that Spain and the UN had aided the Anasazi in their capture of the new nation of Ansazi American.  But the US still hasn't managed to get it back from them over the past fifty years!

Eric The(TrulyAmazed)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#13]
To make bullets in the early years the Israelis bought lipstick cases from Europe and turned them into shell casings!  That is how they survived the early years.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 10:10:31 AM EDT
[#14]
The problems with beliefs

[url]http://www.nobeliefs.com/beliefs.htm[/url]

[img]http://squash.ils.unc.edu/images/belief.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#15]
From article by Jim Walker at nobeliefs.com -
"I maintain that beliefs create more social problems than they solve and that beliefs, and especially those elevated to faith, produce the most destructive potential to the future of humankind."
View Quote

That's nice, but how do you arrive at that conclusion, give us some examples, please?
Dostoyevsky warned us that those who reject religion "will end by drenching the earth in blood." But this represents a belief in-itself. Our history has shown that the blood letting has occurred mostly as a result of religions or other belief-systems, not from the people who reject them.
View Quote

That Dostoyevsky guy was pretty sharp - 'Why, if there is no God, then I am God!' But, I'm still at a loss to understand the Mr. Walker's
contention.  He is saying a 'belief' such as Christianity, or does he mean a 'belief' such as Marxism? Or does he refer to all beliefs?

If he means Christianity, then where is all the evidence of its blood-letting that was simply unconnected to whether or not the blood-letter was acting upon Christian motives or upon some other ulterior motive? I mean just how many Jews and Moors will he have us believe died in the Spanish Inquisition?

Does he think that Hitler, Stalin and Mao were just three people who rejected religion and all other belief-systems, or does he count Nazism, Soviet Communism, and Chinese Communism as belief-systems?

If the term 'belief-systems' is broad enough to include Christianity, Nazism, and Communism, then people [u]without[/u] belief-systems are few and far between in this world. Their numbers would be so small as to not even register. Thankfully, people with no belief-systems do practically nothing! Either for good or evil!

It's obvious that Mr. Walker is attempting to say that scientists are the only folks who are without a 'belief-system'!

It is their religion. If another god in the form of an accepted opinion comes along, they will worship the new one just as they did the old one!

Eric The(Now[b]That[/b]!ICanBelieve!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 10:50:59 AM EDT
[#16]
They are calling up the demons

[img]http://home.maine.rr.com/nateb/armenia_pop_hill.jpg[/img]
[img]http://home.kc.rr.com/nodwick2/vader.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www2.bc.edu/~veino/pictures/osamapit.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 10:51:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Tell them to hurry up and bring on the end times.

Link Posted: 9/26/2001 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#18]
It is not a joke that the rebuilding of the third temple will potentially throw all Muslims into a fatal frenzy. There is already a structure on the temple mount, The Dome of the Rock. Something like #2 on the list of all Muslim holy sites. The reason that they get all up in arms any time that the Jews try to lay a cornerstone is that it threatens the very existence of their holy temple.

And there is a US connection to all this. Several fundamentalist Christian organizations are in a quest to breed the perfect "red" calf to sacrifice upon completion the Temple of Solomon. This is needed to sanctify the gounds and according to their beliefs, bring about the "second coming". These wackos actually want to start Armageddon. In their own self important way of thinking, the world is evil and needs to die right now. The end of the world is just not coming fast enough for their schedule, they want to force it to happen by any means possible.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 11:26:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Dostoyevsky warned us that those who reject religion "will end by drenching the earth in blood." But this represents a belief in-itself.
View Quote

Well, that's a belief too, isn't it? [rolleyes]

If a person could do what Mr. Walker proposes and process information without "belief" the way an animal does, he might indeed be able to operate more efficiently.  But to what end?  Without "belief", people have no values and thus no incentive to act as anything other than hairless apes.  Belief is what makes civilization possible.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 11:32:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My problem with this argument is that the Jews didn't just all converge on Palestine in 1948 and take it over. The British handed it to them lock, stock and two smoking barrels. That they have managed to hang onto it is as much a testament to the effectiveness of American military aid as anything else. Without the $3B we dump into Israel every year, there would be no such country on the maps. Yes, they're tough, but they haven't made some kind of miraculous stand on their own.

The fact that the Jews of the Warsaw ghetto held off the Waffen SS and the Wehrmacht for a month impresses me more than the continued existence of Israel.
View Quote

Well put and I agree 100%.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#21]
... The end of the world is just not coming fast enough for their schedule, they want to force it to happen by any means possible.
View Quote

I hope they give me at least a weeks notice. I will need time to shoot off all my ammo and drink all my beer that is currently stocked in the house.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 11:40:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Armageddon is not the "End of the World" it is the end of the present times. It is the start of the Millenium of Peace, the Reign of Christ. I say bring it on, I know where there are nice, red Angus calves. :)
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 11:50:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
These wackos actually want to start Armageddon. In their own self important way of thinking, the world is evil and needs to die right now. The end of the world is just not coming fast enough for their schedule, they want to force it to happen by any means possible.
View Quote

So what are you trying to say?  Let's assume the prophecy is true for a moment.  If that's the case then all of these prophesized things need to eventually take place, right?  If that's the ultimate plan of God, then at some point all of these things need to transpire so we may all get sucked up into paradise!  [:)]

So if these "whackos" bring about Armageddon, how do you know it wasn't really God's plan for them to do so?  You mention things aren't happening fast enough for them so they want to basically bring them down ahead of schedule.  So are you suggesting if "whackos" don't start Armageddon it will take place on it's own?  Who will sacrifice the red calf?  Who will build the temple so it can be destroyed if the whackos don't?

[:D]

Link Posted: 9/26/2001 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted by Eric The Hun:
BTW, the folks who think that the USS Liberty attack in that war was [red]a deliberate act[/red] and use the fact that the Israeli planes were, 'gasp', unmarked, need to think about this fact - the attacking Israeli aircraft were French Mirage III fighters and were not flown BY ANY OTHER NATION IN THAT WAR! The Mirages are extremely identifiable, so what did Israel need with any exterior markings? Who could they fool? Not US!
View Quote

I am fairly neutral on the Israel issue, but one thing that rankles is when Americans try to justify the attack on the USS Liberty. I don't care about the markings on the planes, since we know they were Israeli aircraft, but are you trying to say that the attack was an accident?

Link Posted: 9/26/2001 12:58:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Post from Jarhead_22 -
I am fairly neutral on the Israel issue, but one thing that rankles is when Americans try to justify the attack on the USS Liberty. I don't care about the markings on the planes, since we know they were Israeli aircraft, but are you trying to say that the attack was an accident?
View Quote

How you can remain neutral about Israel, the only democracy in the Middle East and America's one true friend in the region, is beyond me, but
the United States seems to think it's our friend. Witness the excellent testimony given before the Congress by Benjamin Netanyahu, the former Israeli Prime Minister.

Do you doubt that either he, or the Republicans who invited him, were insincere? Why is it that we can only trust Israel to stand with US without some sort of BS excuses given by our other allies?

Because the VERY PEOPLE WHO CARRIED OUT THE RECENT ATTACK ON AMERICAN SOIL ARE THE SAME PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN ATTACKING ISRAEL SINCE IT WAS CREATED!

Now, what part of that sentence don't you understand?

Yet, you feel no comradeship with the Jews and no sympathy for their plight? No compassion for the enemies of the people who danced and celebrated the news of the destruction of the World Trade Center?

And if YOU think that the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty was [i]intentional[/i], why don't you bring your evidence to the proper authorities? There's no statute of limitations on cold=blooded [u]murder[/u]!

I don't try to justify the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty as anything more than an accident! A tragic accident, and one that the State of Israel has apologized for and paid the families of the dead and wounded (34 dead, 171 wounded) reparations.

Just like when the US shot the crap outta some British soldiers during the Guld War. What did you think of that?

For those whose minds are not made up on the issue of the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty, I suggest reviewing the following article, at:

[url]http://israeliculture.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.shalem.org.il/azure/9%2DOren.htm[/url]

The article: [i]The 'USS Liberty': Case Closed[/i] is by Michael B. Oren, and presents the Israeli view of this tragic accident, that obviously still poisons the minds of some folks, years after the event!

If you think the attack was intentional, then please tell us the motivation for the attack, if you would.

Eric The(BTW,MichaelB.OrenIsA[b]Jew[/b]!SoKeepThatInMindWhenYouReadHisArticle,IDid)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 1:16:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Article from Washington Post, 8-14-1991:

GULF WAR'S FRIENDLY FIRE TALLY TRIPLES
PENTAGON: 35 DIED IN ACCIDENTAL ATTACKS
By Barton Gellman

"The Pentagon disclosed yesterday that 35 of the 148 American servicemen and women who perished on the battlefield in the Persian Gulf War were killed inadvertently by their comrades, an extraordinary proportion by historical standards and more than three times the number previously acknowledged.

"Yesterday's summary, which concentrated exclusively on American forces, did not include the war's worst episode of friendly fire: a Feb. 26 attack by Air Force A-10s on two British Warrior armored vehicles, which killed nine Britons and wounded 11. A British investigation exonerated the British troops, all members of the 3d Battalion Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, but drew no conclusion on the culpability of the pilots.

"Opposition Labour Party members of Parliament have accused the Conservative government of a whitewash, calling for the investigation to be reopened."

So friendly fire can happen even in the most sophisticated battlefields with the most advanced weapons, and even among the very best of allies!

Eric The(Strange,WeDon'tHearAnyBritishHatingTheUSAForThis!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 1:40:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Some points that students of escatology should consider. I am not a proponent of these, however, they are just as plausible as any other scenarios and seem to be generally overlooked.

1)Consider the possibility that we are in the 100 year period after the "millenium". We would be unaware that such is the case, first off. Secondly, the events of WWII including Hitler seem to correspond well, though not fully, with parts of Revelations. Maybe just enough different that we might be in the "100 year period". Further, consider that the Jehovah's Witnesses state that the end of times occurred about 1914 or so (I believe-Am not a Jehovah's Witness), both the Mayan calendar and Nostradamus claim some great calamity will befall mankind about 2013.

2)There is a curse at the end of Revelations that is to befall any who add to or take away from the Book of Revelations. Some might have felt that altering the order of various chapters would be a "loophole" of sorts. Given the way in which it is laid out this would seem to be fairly plausible. It is written as if we are given a jigsaw puzzle for which we can see the pictures but not the edges and how they fit together.

Another mystery is what the 7 thunders uttered. Apparently they are the key as what they said is not revealed.
My gut impression is that the temple must be rebuilt prior to the tribulation, if it is to occur. The apostles seemed to believe that what was said in Matthew 24 was prophetic of the ressurection of Jesus. They would be expected to have more insight than we but I am not convinced.
Dostoyevsky's statement noted above is without logic. The absence of a god does not make him one any more than it makes me, you or the toad in my back yard one.
Those who attempt to bring about the end of times, including I believe, Osama Bin Laden, may be in for a pretty rude surprise. All of these groups seem to think that everyone else is going to "get theirs" and that they will inherit the earth. My guess is that if they succeed they will bring down upon themselves the wrath of God.
Finally I'll say that the meek are to inherit the earth. That pretty much eliminates all or most of us. Hate to say it like that but I'm not one of the meek nor are most of you. For that matter I have no intention of becoming one of the meek either.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 1:46:45 PM EDT
[#28]
I read a book recently about the jewish, muslim and christian fundamentalists, and their take on the last days.  The jews believe the messiah will come and there will be peace and happiness.  The christians believe there will be a terrible war, wherein most of the jews will be slaughtered for their disbelief in Christ, and then there will be a second coming and peace and happiness.  The muslims believe that there will be an antichrist, [i]who is jewish[/i], who will ultimately be vanquished by none other than Jesus himself.

But it is interesting that the jewish and christian fundamentalists are helping each other to get ready for the end times (with money and the red cow, etc.).  The jews think they are so smart to use these foolish christians; the christians think they are so smart to use the jews, who of course are going to all get slaughtered.  A strange marriage of convenience.

And I do not know where this fantasy comes from that Israel is wholly dependent on US aid for its existance.  They have whipped the Arabs badly in every war they have fought, including the first one where we provided no support.  Considering:
-that there are a billion Muslims and less than 6 millions Israelis;
-that we provide as much aid to Egypt as we do to Israel;
-that we sell the Arab states F-15s, F-16 and other high tech equipment;
-that until the last major war, most of the stuff we sold the Israelis was our outdated junk while the Arabs were lavishly supplied by the Soviets; and
-the pathetically lopsided outcome of each war; it appears that the Arabs have not been able to conquor the Israelis because they are losers, not due to our aid.  If it was not for us and the restraint we forced on the Israelis, most of Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, and Egypt would probably all be occupied by Israel.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Post from drjarhead -
Dostoyevsky's statement noted above is without logic. The absence of a god does not make him one any more than it makes me, you or the toad in my back yard one.
View Quote

In defense of poor Fyodor, I think he simply meant that without a God that sets moral codes or guidelines, we will be left with moral codes and guidelines that we set for ourselves. Those will, naturally, be a lot less rigorous than the ones given us by God.

Another saying attributed to Dostoyevsky was:
"If there is no God, then everything is lawful!" Much the same idea, I think.
Finally I'll say that the meek are to inherit the earth. That pretty much eliminates all or most of us.
View Quote

They can have it! I'm going to go Home! You know, to a [red]'place prepared'[/red]!

Eric The(YouHearMe,Lord?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#30]
ErictheHun,
I hear ya. My place is prepared also!
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 12:05:52 AM EDT
[#31]
I believe that the end times will occur on about the year 2012. Most of the prophecies I have read all seem to point to that time period. Lets just consider some things that are interesting. One thing is the list of Popes which states that there are to be only two Popes left before the end time. the current Pope most likely only has a short time left, the next pope will not live long after he is Pope, and then the next and last Pope will be the Pope when the antichrist arrives. Another thing how about the Digital Angle chip that will be implanted under the skin and will enable the government to track us and is planned on being used for E-commerce for positive identification. As I see it this chip seems like it could be used as the mark of the beast. Think about some of these things, the problems of the middle east and Israel, the fact that most of the prophecies seem to all point to the year 2012, the list of Popes, the fact that Digital Angle is here and is the possible Mark of the Best. Now we also have the Israelis getting ready to rebuild the Temple, and knowing that the temple is necessary for the end time to occur. Any one of these things could be discounted but not all of them. I truly believe that the end time of the book of revelation is very near. And I am getting ready by trying to be the best person I can be and to make myself worthy of meeting our Lord.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 2:28:26 AM EDT
[#32]
December 22, 2012 (Winter Solstice).  End of the Aztec calendar and the day the Earth is "purged", by those things we've created.

Just one more of several that point to 2012.

I'll bet there's a run on AR's, ammo and MRE's then as well.  If AR's and ammo are still legal that is.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 3:12:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I believe that the end times will occur on about the year 2012..... And I am getting ready by trying to be the best person I can be and to make myself worthy of meeting our Lord.
View Quote

When I read the Bible, which is the only reliable source on the issue, everything else is human speculation, regarding prophecies and the end times, I am reminded that the "signs" are things that are with us constantly.

[i]Matthew 24:3-13
As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"
Jesus answered: [red]"Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains.
"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved."[/red]

Matthew 24:36
[red]"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.[/red]

Matthew 24:42-44
[red]"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.[/red][/i]

Jesus is saying you must [i][b]always[/b][/i] be ready for his return. The things he says we will see are a constant reminder that he is not yet finished with this world, and we must expect to see his return at any time.

Trying to be good enough is, well, not good enough. Man alone can never measure up to God's standard by our works alone.

Keep in mind also that [b][i]everyone[/b][/i] who has ever tried to predict a date for the second coming has been made a fool when the date they predicted passes.

Link Posted: 9/27/2001 4:17:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Yes, it is foolish to predict the hour of the Lord's return, or even the day, but I do believe that all Believers will know the 'season' of His return.

Paul wrote in I Thessalonians, Chapter 5:

v1. But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you.
v2. For you yourselves know perfectly that the Day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.
v3. For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.
v4. But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day shall overtake you as a thief.
v5. You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness.
v6. Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober.

And as the Lord Himself said in Revelation, in Chapter 16, v.15:
[red]"Behold, I am coming as a thief. [u]Blessed is he who watches[/u], and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame."[/red]

So I believe that we should all be watching for the signs! The Lord Himself directed this!

Eric The(AndListeningForThe[u]Sounds[/u])Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 4:18:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
December 22, 2012 (Winter Solstice).  End of the Aztec calendar and the day the Earth is "purged", by those things we've created.
View Quote

Glad someone brought that up!

The Aztecs knew some pretty cool stuff...

Tyler
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 4:48:10 AM EDT
[#36]
December 22, 2012 (Winter Solstice). End of the Aztec calendar and the day the Earth is "purged", by those things we've created.
View Quote

As a practical matter, the Aztec calendar ended in 1521 when the emperor surrendered to Cortez. [;)]

One thing is the list of Popes which states that there are to be only two Popes left before the end time.
View Quote

Where is this "list of Popes"?  The cardinals would have a much easier time choosing a replacement for John Paul II if they could just check the list. [0:)]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 12:20:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Did the [b]Mayan[/b] calendar say anything about them being conquered and killed by the Spanish?

Edited for this [:P]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#38]
No one ever expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Mayan calendar, not Aztec. Just my .02.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
No one ever expects the Spanish Inquisition!
View Quote

LMAO and spitting in your general direction!
[NI]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Mayan calendar, not Aztec. Just my .02.
View Quote

Doh!!! [:D]

Link Posted: 9/27/2001 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#42]
People have been predicting TEOTWAWKI for as long there have been people.

As someoneone mentioned before.  They always look foolish when the date comes and goes.  Every turn of the century, every time the planets line up just right, the y2k thing, etc.

Also mentioned are the vague ways in which the different prophecies are written in that they could almost always be made to fit the current time.

I like to try and be prepared anyway.  Makes me feel good. [:D]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#43]
There was an Aztec prophecy that inadvertently helped the Spanish conquerors. The Aztecs were patiently waiting for the return of their god Quezaquatil, the feathered serpent. He was supposed to have created the Aztec civilization. Cortez just happened to show up almost to the day prophesied for "Q"s return. When Cortez made first contact, he was wearing steel armor and feathered helmet, the Aztec's, without question, took him to be the reincarnation of "Q". And as part of their prophecy, their civilization could either be embraced and reborn or completely destroyed. I guess they didn't please their gods?

The current Mayan calendar ends in 2013. It was the first and only calendar in the history of the world that was accurate to the mili-second. The Mayans were superb astronomers. It wasn't until the space age, that there was a more accurate measure of time. Their last calendar ended in a flood, a cleansing period. The current cycle of the Mayan calendar is supposed to end in cataclysmic fire, and then the world begins anew.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Epic...
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#45]
I DO know when the end of the world will come, so listen closely...in about five billion years, the sun will go nova, expand into a red giant and burn the planet to a cinder.
So ya better start building your spaceship now.
[:D]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#46]
You know, RikWriter, you could be off by several millions of years, either way. We need more of an accurate projection. I don't want to put off planning until the last several thousand millenia, you know!

Eric The(AvoidTheRush,StartPlanningIn4BillionAD,JustToBeSafe!)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top