Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2001 8:31:40 PM EDT
I just had the scariest moment of my life tonight.  My hands are still shaking from the trauma.

While waiting in front of the drive-through window at a fast food restaurant, I had just handed the person my money, a person walked from the driver's side of my window.  He then sticked his arm into my vehicle which I slammed on the accelator and took off towards the side of the restaurant.  He then proceeded to want toward me in a threaten stating this "What the fuck you were doing mother fucker!!!!, Let me set you straight bitch!!! (reaching for the inside of his pants) I proceeded to take off jumping the curb and fleeing to a nearby Walgreens where I remember seeing a police cruiser parked there.  I proceeded into the place and looked for a police officer.

I gave her an accurate description of the person right down to the shoes.  Afterward she proceeded to search for the person and found him.  She proceed to tell me that the person was retarded and had a history of "creating problems"  since he did not have any weapons on him at that moment, they could not do anything to him.

Leaving out info due to shock.

Link Posted: 9/25/2001 8:37:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I remember one of the few times I've had to take out my gun. I was driving down the road when crash a car slams into the vehicle next to me. The vehicle that hit it rolled to a stop a few feet away and the driver jumped out of his now half crushed a smoking vehicle. He ran up and yanked on the handle of the vehicle 2 up from me then the one in front of me. By this time, I had my gun in my hand ready to go when the vehicle in front of me tore out. I followed and when I turned around, the Police were on the scene and the guy had gotten back in his vehicle and made his way a few blocks up the road before leading Police on a foot chase. I found out later, the guy was a wanted felon who was running from the Police.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 8:42:53 PM EDT
[#2]
It's always good to hear of situations where the system works.  Nobody got hurt, guy with a history of creating problems is let go.  Wait, that's not working at all, that's a total load of crap.  Glad you're not the one who ends up as a statistic so they actually have to deal with this problem child.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#3]
When a police officer says they can not do anything about something, that really means they are too lazy to do anything.

You as a citizen can press charges on any event and they must take action.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 8:50:38 PM EDT
[#4]
... the prisons are full of retarded murderers.
Watch your six!
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:00:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Well the police officer searched the person, found nothing.  I was not physically assaulted, only verbally (could work out as my word against his).  Since there was no concrete evidence against him, they had to let him go, because they really could not do anything.  

What really got me was that I was unarmed (just came from a college for a continuing ed class) ran into a Walgreens and called for help.  Waited inside for the police to aprehend the suspect.  Kind of embarrased making the commotion in the store and used it for safety in presence of 20 people.  Person did approach the store and threatened me outside.

I'm unsure if I did the right thing running away into a Walgreens.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:00:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
When a police officer says they can not do anything about something, that really means they are too lazy to do anything.
View Quote

4th post and this is primed for being labeled as a cop bashing thread.  Should be locked by morning.  Though, someone could possibly see some innuendo in my post and call that cop bashing too. [:)]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#7]
From the description you gave, the most he could have been arrested for was disorderly conduct and harrassment. If you were not hurt and/or nothing was stolen, thats all that could have been done, unless he had a warrant as well. But she(cop) should have done something, whats going to happen to the next person??

Go through the drivethru tomorrow nite with a friend in the back seat with a baseball bat.  [;)]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:20:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Shoulda grabbed his hand when he reached in. THEN hit the gas.

"I don't understand it, officer. He grabbed me and wouldn't let go, even after I drove 7 blocks at high speed."
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:39:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You as a citizen can press charges on any event and they must take action.
View Quote

WRONG! I get my fill, daily of shit house lawyers. Try sending "what you doin mother fucker" and " let me set you straight bitch" in front of a jury(of your peers). At worst he'll be acquitted because he's a half wit. At best you might get minor misdemeanor disorderly conduct. Penalty? Maximum $100.00 fine (fine waived because he's indigent) and credit for time (6-8 hours before arraignment) served. That's reality, check out what your Judges do before you vote(if you even bother) for them. People bitch and moan that the cops never do anything. Most people are too lazy/stupid to realize that the cops have the smallest impact on the criminal (in)justice system. It is the Prosecutors/Judges that are really the lazy ones but the cops are the most visible so they take the blame.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:49:43 PM EDT
[#10]
 What was he reaching for anyways? One of them little ketchup condiments for his fries or was he trying to cop a feel?  

"Leaving out info due to shock"....You tease you...

Seriously, I'm glad your OK there.... just change your shorts when you get home.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:51:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Shoulda grabbed his hand when he reached in. THEN hit the gas.

"I don't understand it, officer. He grabbed me and wouldn't let go, even after I drove 7 blocks at high speed."
View Quote

Be careful, the video camera at the drive-thru just might catch who is grabbing who. . .
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:55:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Aren't you in Texas?  You need to rewrite that ending.  

"He came up to my window and reached in.  I pulled out my Desert Eagle and pointed it at his chest.  He dropped a big messy load in his pants and then fainted.  The stink was horrible.  Ruined my day."  
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#13]
You should get a CHL!!! Even though you were at school you can leave the gun in your car....

Since I got my CHL years ago my gun is like my wallet.. I never leave home without it!!!!

[pistol]

John
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Unarmed in TEXAS?  what were you thinkin boy?
You best hope the other Texans don't hear about it.  Or you'll be exiled to PRK

Seriously, you did the right thing.  It always pays to be prepared!
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 4:52:53 PM EDT
[#15]
The only time I leave my gun at home is when I'm going to the bar or to work (where it's left in my car). In this situation, depending on what I'm carrying that day, the guy would be lucky if I only had 10rds of 9mm strapped to my hip ready to go. A threatening gesture such as he made is plenty of reason for me to draw on him and re-evaluate the situation. Hell, somebody not as patient as me might just go ahead and shoot him.

Bottom line, get a CHL and use it.

Michael
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The only time I leave my gun at home is when I'm going to the bar or to work (where it's left in my car). In this situation, depending on what I'm carrying that day, the guy would be lucky if I only had 10rds of 9mm strapped to my hip ready to go. A threatening gesture such as he made is plenty of reason for me to draw on him and re-evaluate the situation. Hell, somebody not as patient as me might just go ahead and shoot him.

Bottom line, get a CHL and use it.

Michael
View Quote

Maybe it's because I'm from a state where if you shoot somebody in self-defence, the PD arrests you anyway and lets you and your expen$sive lawyer sort it out with the DA and judge, but, what would likely have happened to Nathaniel if he had shot this 'tard?

Somehow I think he would have ended up on the six o'clock news as the "murderer of a mentally challenged local man"...
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#17]
the Walgreens was a good choice. You got lucky this time, that was your warning to get your compact and keep it with you. Next time your homeboy might have a .25, but you'll be ready.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#18]
you should have opened a can of "whoop ass" on him and then said "oh hell yea" , and thats the bottom line cuz stone cold says so"!!!

not really, avoid all confrontation if at all possible, it is safer and CHEAPER.
carry pepper spray and use it.

[50]          [50]            [50]

Link Posted: 9/26/2001 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Man I hate to say it but this guy would have been face down..You reach inside my car with some crazy talk like that and I'm gonna drop ya...best case I would have ran over him...$250 deductable...Glad your fine and everything worked out..Remember police can help "after" the crime..It's your job to make sure your the one left standing...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top