Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2001 3:47:43 PM EDT
Fox News just reported that they want to ban outdoor smoking within 40ft from the enterence of any building.

I tell ya guys, it's a good thing that we have a government to look out for us like this. God forbid that people would take care of themselves....
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I would be willing to bet that cock smokers are exempt.

teehee

radioman
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Does that include while in your car, driving by with your windows rolled down?

BISHOP
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 6:38:10 PM EDT
[#4]
"Tonight on COPS we go on patrol with the men and women of the Kalifornia Law Enforcment. Included in tonights show are segments on
drive-by cigarette smoking, assault weapons smoking (pipes) with a special look at the seedy underworld of cigar smokers......"  
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry but got to disagree on this one,

Having lived in California before moving here to the "Sportsman Paradise", that could have been one of the few laws that I as well as anybody who doesn't like smoke blown on them enjoyed.

I'm all for your rights to smoke but what about my rights? I don't want the stinkin shit near me and even walking back into a building where smoking is not allowed you have to face the "Guauntlet" of smoke by the entrance to get back inside.  Here in Louisiana everone older than 5 smokes and I don't like eating dinner and having some inconsiderate bastard light up next to me. Before I left you could spend an evening at a bar and come home not reeking of tobacco. Smokers usually have a designated spot outside where they can light up and shorten their life spans together.

Seems fair to me
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 7:32:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Before I left you could [b]spend an evening at a bar[/b] and come home not reeking of tobacco. Smokers usually have a designated spot outside where they can light up and [b]shorten their life spans[/b] together.

Seems fair to me
View Quote

I will agree that there should be seperate smoking area's.

I just wish we could have seperate highways so we can stay away from people that spend an evening at the bar, who want to shorten lives and maybe shorten someone elses lives, immediately!

Doesn't seem fair to me!

Basically what i read from your statement is it's not okay for someone to jepordize your health with their habit, but you feel it's OK to jepordize someone else's life with your habit.

Yes, I smoke and Yes, I lost a friend to a person that thought they could have a drink or two and drive!

Nomex on, flame away [smash]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't smoke, but I really don't think secondhand smoke outside is gonna kill me.  Good God people you think that car exhaust is going to kill you too?  Because there is alot more of that out there than there is tobacco smoke![smoke]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 11:42:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Ya and what about my rights? I don't want people with communicable diseases like colds, flu and worse walking around in the general public. Just look at what happened to Jim Henson, he died from walking pneumonia that probably started out as a simple cold. You people that go to bars are just there to socialize which ultimately will lead to the spreading of disease. If you want to do that crap go to do it somewhere else where you can all shorten your lifespans together.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top