Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2001 7:10:55 PM EDT
Well? What weapon comes closest to what you beleive a assault rifle should feel and do? What features do you think these rifles need for improvement?
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#1]
oh that's easy. first it needs a flash hider or silencer.  Then a bayonet lug. (you could use duct tape)  Pistol grip is a must, and a retractable stock doesn't hurt.  It has to have the detachable magazine, preferably with a capacity over 10 rounds.  oops, sorry. :)
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#2]
im told by an uncle that a pistol grip and bayonet lug makes a weapon especially dangerious.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Anything illegal in Kali is good enough for me...
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#4]
... that eye behind the rear sight
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:16:26 PM EDT
[#5]
First, to be an assault rifle, it must be select fire, not semiauto.  I'll take an M4.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:19:34 PM EDT
[#6]
A gun that fires pointed bullets.  Those dull bullets aren't as dangerous.
[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#7]
more attachments than Mr. Potatohead
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm with Mr. Wolf,

Its not going to assault anyone with everything on the market attached, Its the training of the finger on the trigger that will make it the ultimate assault weapon.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:31:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:more attachments than Mr. Potatohead
View Quote

pre-ban mustache!

Zaz
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I have thought of this many times.   For me, the essential features of the ideal rifle are:

Chrome lined barrel, at least 14.5"
Very effective Flash Supressor/MB postban
Simple gas operation, similar to AK or AR-18
Field-strips without tools
Uses mags that drop free (m16 style release too, not AK/HK)
Must be able to add scope
night sites (front post)
Ring in ring sights (like HK) with "L" flip  for 200&350 Yds
Overall length less than 34" (stock open/extended) 30" if bullpup
Weighs less than 7.5lbs
Reliability between AK (reliable as gravity) and the current M16A2 (pretty damn reliable if not abused)

And yes, I know my AR-15's gas system is not that bad, but it is a real bi+ch to clean, unlike the AK

I personally would like to see this offered in a bull-pup config, from a US maker.  Saddly, I doubt this will ever happen.

As for whats in my closet, my Bushy 16" is getting close, but its go a long way ($$$) to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top