Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2001 3:44:05 PM EDT
An overwhelming number of HIGH SCHOOL graduates when asked to make a word with the word constitution, answer, but only after thinking on it for 3 to 4 minutes, "I was constitution for three days and finally went this morning!"

What are we to do?
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, it's sad, but it's not like the Constitution means anything anymore. (at least not to most people)
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yeah, it's sad, but it's not like the Constitution means anything anymore. (at least not to most people)
View Quote

It's still alive and well, just misunderstood by judges who are often wrong but never in doubt.  Overall, individual protections have actually grown more than diminished (the Government's intrusion into our lives has, unfortunately, grown as well).
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Most people don't even know what it says.  I graduated from public high school and the only reason I really know anything about the constitution is because I READ it. I keep a copy in my truck, range bag and on my bed side table.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 1:37:48 AM EDT
[#4]
The constitution is the bounds placed upon government to which it can operate, when it goes beyond those bounds, it is no longer lawful, but that surely does not stop them when it comes to control, this is why very few if any these days in school even know what the constitution is, it is not tought anymore in the school systems across this great nation, thus serves to crush it ever so slowly!

Link Posted: 3/29/2001 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Read The Constitution, a people that doesn't know their rights, won't know what they are losing every day.
[smoke]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 8:11:37 PM EDT
[#6]
that's sad.my school years were in the 60's and early 70's, when knowing the constitution and bill of rights was just an everyday part of life.our brothers were in Viet-nam.our fathers and uncles fought in WWII and Korea ,our grandfathers fought in WWI .we didn't need to be taught what the constitution means.just in my short lifetime(i'm 43)i've witness the chipping away of the meaning of the words,the words that makes us free.SLAP! man,i'm getting to be a ranty s.o.b.mmk
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 8:29:19 PM EDT
[#7]
i was going to right a longer post but all i got to really say were screwed! and so is the constitution. we don't mean shit, and the constitution doesnt mean shit!
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#8]
the survival of the constitution depends on free men willing to defend it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#9]
In Arizona children have to memorize parts of the Constitution to even graduate to the next grade starting with the fourth grade.

The Pledge of allegiance is still mandatory also before class starts.
In my sons school the whole school assembles in the courtyard for a flag ceremony and then they all recite the pledge. At my daughters school it is done in the classrooms.

Man I love this state.

THISISME
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 10:32:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Bread and Circuses.

The Republic is lost.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 5:56:52 AM EDT
[#11]
the republic is lost only if we have less than half the balls of our founding fathers.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 5:57:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Oops! Maybe it is lost.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top