Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2007 6:56:37 AM EDT
Air Force Officer Found Guilty of Raping 4 Men
Tuesday, February 27, 2007

E-MAIL STORY PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION
EGLIN AIR FORCE BASE, Fla.  —  An Air Force officer was found guilty of raping four men and attempting to rape two others.

A nine-member military jury deliberated for about seven hours Tuesday in Capt. Devery L. Taylor's court-martial. Taylor gave no reaction upon hearing the verdict.

Taylor, a medic and the former chief of patient administration at Eglin Regional Hospital, faces a maximum sentence of life in prison. Sentencing was to begin Wednesday.

"I am pleased. I am emotional, but I am very, very pleased," said Maj. Kathleen Reder, a military prosecutor.

"These men can sit up a little straighter now, I am proud of them," she said of the six victims who testified.

Martin Regan, Taylor's civilian defense attorney, declined to comment before sentencing.

Military prosecutors described Taylor, 38, as a serial rapist who met men in bars, spiked their drinks with the "date-rape" drug gamma-hydroxybutyrate, or GHB, and kidnapped them.

Taylor was charged with two counts of attempted sodomy, four counts of forcible sodomy, two counts of kidnapping and one count of unlawful entry.

Taylor testified that he had consensual sex with five of the men and that the sixth, who is openly gay, raped him. Regan said the men lied to protect their military careers.

Four of the men were in the military when they met Taylor, and a fifth wanted to join the Navy and feared being identified as gay, Regan said.

Regan said Taylor's only crime was being gay in the military and violating the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy, which bans people who are openly gay from serving in the armed forces.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,255245,00.html

Always watch your drink and your six.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 6:58:09 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Taylor was charged with two counts of attempted sodomy, four counts of forcible sodomy, two counts of kidnapping and one count of unlawful entry.

Seems like that number should be higher

Good job catching him, glad the victims came forward about it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 6:58:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Man, thats scary!!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:00:20 AM EDT
[#3]

one count of unlawful entry.

Only one?

I'm sorry.  Couldn't resist.

ETA: Damn, beat to it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:00:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Ouch...
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:02:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Gays? In the Fair Force?

Unpossible.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:03:48 AM EDT
[#6]

"These men can sit up a little straighter now, I am proud of them," she said of the six victims who testified.

Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:05:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:06:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:06:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Should be turned over to his victims for disposition of capitol punishment.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:07:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The thread title stopped me in my tracks. Of course homosexuals in the military CAN'T be predatory or hostile. There must be some mistake.

I had to read the thread to see if this was the same AF officer who I was sent to NJP for stomping back in Okinawa. That one was a doctor, too.

But no, it was a different non-predatory homosexual Air Force doctor. Small world.

Yikes.......

Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:19:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Shoot.  Shovel.    Don't ask -- Don't tell.    
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:26:29 AM EDT
[#12]

"These men can sit up a little straighter now, I am proud of them,"

One has to wonder if she had any idea how that would sound in context to the case.

Quoted:
Always watch your drink and your six.

Truer words have never been spoken.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:26:36 AM EDT
[#13]

I'm sorry but,
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:29:19 AM EDT
[#14]
SSS that freak.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:43:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I'm sorry but,

+1
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:53:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

said Maj. Kathleen Reder, a military prosecutor.

Damn near snarfed Ramen up my nose when I read that
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:03:44 AM EDT
[#17]
"watch your cornhole..bud.."
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:15:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The thread title stopped me in my tracks. Of course homosexuals in the military CAN'T be predatory or hostile. There must be some mistake.

I had to read the thread to see if this was the same AF officer who I was sent to NJP for stomping back in Okinawa. That one was a doctor, too.

But no, it was a different non-predatory homosexual Air Force doctor. Small world.

If his last name started with a "B", he went to jail.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:27:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Criminy...I knew female recruits were at great risk of rape/date rape...I REALLY had no idea males were too.

Took alot of guts for these men to come forward.

Unbelievable.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#21]
"Off We Go Into the Wild Blue Black Yonder"
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:33:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#23]
impossible, this only happens in navy!    j/k
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:40:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Did he went to beach with Maverick and Goose, greased up and flex their biceps at each other?
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:40:21 AM EDT
[#25]
I've got your Backside covered Bro'
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:40:42 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
"Off We Go Into the Wild Blue Black Brown Yonder"

fixed

eta: all your page 2 belongs to... oh hell i dont freaking want it  
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:42:54 AM EDT
[#27]
GLBT predation is almost unheard of because the "WATCHDOG" MSM almost never reports it. Lesbian domestic violence is a huge problem - so much so that their own "allies" are talking about it, there are nonprofits set up to help abused victims, etc.

But the MSM image is that virtually all violence they suffer comes from the big bad hetero homophobic community and almost never from within their own communities.

Why? Because bad publicity would "hurt the cause" - and that's all that matters, not the safety of real people or justice, or truth or a solution....

It's also a well studied pyschological fact of projection and displacement that when a given community or subgroup or even individual has serious problems that embarrasses and challenges their sense of wellbeing, an intense need is created to shift attention to some scapegoat into which to vent all the anger.

Thus hate-crime legislation created to "go after" miniscule numbers of attacks when the actual numbers of gay on gay assaults are far higher. But controling one's own group is hard, so it's easier to jin up outrage for rare cases.

It's a sad situation.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:46:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top