Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2007 5:58:32 AM EDT
Sorry if its a repost, this came up in another forums debate about Gore using up all the energy.  I had no idea.   The liberal media sure isn't talking about this.

http://edc.uoregon.edu/node/572
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 6:14:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 6:21:05 AM EDT
[#2]
This info has been known by the major media since 1998 having been part of a few major stories during GWB's campaign.  Media outlets choose not to use the info now because it would be hard to bash the Pres on one hand while praising him for being Green long before it was Al Gore's cause de 'celeb.

I hate the hypocrasy of the left.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 6:31:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Nothing to see here, move along.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 6:33:28 AM EDT
[#4]
This is exactly what makes me distrust everything the news reports.  It seems like theres a kernal of truth in the reports but thats about it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 6:34:30 AM EDT
[#5]
There is no way GWB can be concerned about the environment he's a Republican and everyone knows they are out to destroy Mother Earth with theier hurricane machine

Most people I mean LIB PINKO'S dont know that Nixon started the EPA
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 6:35:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 6:51:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This is exactly what makes me distrust everything the news reports.  It seems like theres a kernal of truth in the reports but thats about it.

+1.
I got into argument one day with a liberal leaning guy who believed media like the word of God. I gave him a challenge: find 1 (one) totally true story in the media that day that we can verify. He couldn't. There were stories that seems true, but turned out some numbers were wrong, important info omitted, facts presented with addition of opinions as extra facts.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 9:03:36 AM EDT
[#8]

I hate the hypocrasy of the left.

They are sooooooooooooo  full of it....

the left makes me wanna ..

fred
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Is it possible that George Bush is a secret Green? Evidently his Crawford Winter White House has 25,000 gallons of rainwater storage, gray water collection from sinks and showers for irrigation, passive solar, geothermal heating and cooling. “By marketplace standards, the house is startlingly small,” says David Heymann, the architect of the 4,000-square-foot home. "Clients of similar ilk are building 16-to-20,000-square-foot houses." Furthermore for thermal mass the walls are clad in "discards of a local stone called Leuders limestone, which is quarried in the area. The 12-to-18-inch-thick stone has a mix of colors on the top and bottom, with a cream-colored center that most people want. “They cut the top and bottom of it off because nobody really wants it,” Heymann says. “So we bought all this throwaway stone. It’s fabulous. It’s got great color and it is relatively inexpensive.”

Lots of farm and ranch houses all over the country built in similar fashion.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 9:22:09 AM EDT
[#10]
This is actually pretty cool. I took a natural building workshop in Kentucky, one of the people who attended had a Molon Labe cap.

..if you used to work for a game server hosting company, and you remember the (I probably was an over opinionated asshole) kid in the Hk hat, identify yourself now!
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Read or watch The Fountainhead, by Rand.

TXL
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 9:40:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it possible that George Bush is a secret Green? Evidently his Crawford Winter White House has 25,000 gallons of rainwater storage, gray water collection from sinks and showers for irrigation, passive solar, geothermal heating and cooling. “By marketplace standards, the house is startlingly small,” says David Heymann, the architect of the 4,000-square-foot home. "Clients of similar ilk are building 16-to-20,000-square-foot houses." Furthermore for thermal mass the walls are clad in "discards of a local stone called Leuders limestone, which is quarried in the area. The 12-to-18-inch-thick stone has a mix of colors on the top and bottom, with a cream-colored center that most people want. “They cut the top and bottom of it off because nobody really wants it,” Heymann says. “So we bought all this throwaway stone. It’s fabulous. It’s got great color and it is relatively inexpensive.”

Lots of farm and ranch houses all over the country built in similar fashion.

I guess alwhore didn't know about that when he built his 10,000 + sqft mansion in Tenn. I wonder what W's electric bill is compaired to al's.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top