Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2007 4:35:41 AM EDT
this morning, caught this story where Wm Beaumont Hospital is in a contest with hospitals throughout the U.S. To receive a Fun Center from the Starlight Starbright Foundation for seriously ill children. All you need to do is click on the link below and choose Beaumont. I believe they are awarding 3 all together. We will know by April if Beaumont wins!!!
if you guys could take a second and vote that would be great
thanks alot .
www.colgate.com/app/Colgate/US/Corp/CommunityPrograms/Starlight/HomePage/Midwest.cvsp
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 4:37:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I tried but it came up with a Hypertext Transfer Protocol thingy.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 4:40:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I changed my selection to the South and voted for Texas Children's Hospital in Houston.

My son was diagnosed with Leukemia in October. We have spent time in MD Anderson in Houston and I can tell you the elaborate play rooms and activity rooms are amazingly helpful in getting a kiddo through the tough times.

BTW-fix your link, you have two HTTP://'s
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 4:40:58 AM EDT
[#3]
i think i fixed it .
if it wasn't for the kids i wouldn't have posted it .
thanks guys
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 4:45:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I changed my selection to the South and voted for Texas Children's Hospital in Houston.

My son was diagnosed with Leukemia in October. We have spent time in MD Anderson in Houston and I can tell you the elaborate play rooms and activity rooms are amazingly helpful in getting a kiddo through the tough times.

thats fine bud
i have spent some time in the hospital as a kid too i hope the little one is doing good .
your family is in my thoughts.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 4:53:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thats fine bud
i have spent some time in the hospital as a kid too i hope the little one is doing good .

Oh he's doing great. I don't think anything could stop a 2 year old! It is hard on him, I can tell that, but he soldiers through it. I think the hardest part is making him do the things he hates like taking medicines and submitting to all of the needles, but not being able to really explain to him why. He is almost through with the initial phases of his chemotherapy. He has about 2 months left, then on to 3 years of maintenance therapy.

This experience has opened my eyes to some real tragedies in the world, the people that work at these hospitals are a special breed. Personally I don't think I could handle it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 5:13:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

thats fine bud

Oh he's doing great. I don't think anything could stop a 2 year old! It is hard on him, I can tell that, but he soldiers through it. I think the hardest part is making him do the things he hates like taking medicines and submitting to all of the needles, but not being able to really explain to him why. He is almost through with the initial phases of his chemotherapy. He has about 2 months left, then on to 3 years of maintenance therapy.

This experience has opened my eyes to some real tragedies in the world, the people that work at these hospitals are a special breed. Personally I don't think I could handle it.

thats great news give the little man a extra hug for me.
going to sound funny but your story made my day today thanks.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 5:26:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Brother, he makes my day everyday! I know everyone says it about their own kid, but he really is great.

Here's a website my wife put together for him:

www.caringbridge.org/visit/masonblack

I'm working on a replacement due to the restrictions the caringbridge people place on the free sites, such as only allowing 12 small pictures.

www.masonlawrence.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top