Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2007 11:14:15 PM EDT
For instance...

It irritates the heck out of me when friends drop in for a visit with fast food, and leave their soda cup and burger wrappers on my coffee table.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 11:17:07 PM EDT
[#1]
zumbo threads.

the letters "lol"

texas accents...  let me rephrase that, fake or over exaggerated accents.  i can't stand northerners that move down here and try to act like the biggest hick on the block.

country music - one of my biggest pet peeves.

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 11:24:12 PM EDT
[#2]
people that ask what irritates me.   J/K  

I hate inviting people on a free hunting trip, and having them show up with no guns, ammo, beer, food, nothing, and expect me to share mine.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 11:26:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate the "hip hop style"....................oooohhhhhhh I HATE people who are getting on the highway and wait until they are ON the highway to begin gaining regular highway speed.............they just put..put..put the whole on ramp
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 11:26:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
texas accents...  let me rephrase that, fake or over exaggerated accents.  i can't stand northerners that move down here and try to act like the biggest hick on the block.

country music - one of my biggest pet peeves.

To combine your last two, people not from the South smart enough to know better that pretend to like country music in an attempt to fit in.  It's so bad that the only people I know that like(or pretend to like?) that garbage are from NY, NJ, and OH.  I don't know anyone from around here that regularly listens to country music in the past 30 or so years.  When you started seeing Wrangler jeans, plaid shirts, big belt buckles, cowboy hats, and hearing country music in Hollywood movies, you knew country was dead forever.  It's dead and buried.  Just let it die.z
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 11:27:55 PM EDT
[#5]
someone calling my home phone, then my cell phone, getting no answer then banging on my door for no reason that's an emergency.  HELLO!!!  your being ignored!!!!!

Helping people with their houses and vehicles then asking for help when your moving and they "are busy".

Uh, people in general. They are all self centered peices of shit.

I live alone, work alone and like it that way.

THE WORLD'S BIGGEST MISANTHROPE.

And excuse the $*&) out of my spelling. Morons make such a big deal out of it but if you look at some of the "smart, well to do people" on this planet they can't spell worth a shit without a suckratarie.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 11:30:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Rude people.

Condescending people.

People who cannot formulate their side of a debate without resorting to insults or nonsense with zero credibility they tout as "fact."

People who do not respect their elders, military servicemen and -women, or judge others based on external appearances.

So-called "reality" shows designed for people with no intelligence, such as Jerry Springer, Fear Factor, etc.

People who are picking someone else up for work early in the morning, and instead of getting their lazy asses out of the car, they blow their horns over and over again until the passenger emerges.  

Racists, and anyone who flys the race flag because they think they are entitled because their 4th detached ancestors were oppressed hundreds of years ago.

Christian bashers.

Christians who preach their ideas at every chance and shove it down others' throats even when it is blatanly obvious the other person is not receptive.

People who get in the middle of the two extremes listed above - and you can substitute "cops" for "Christians" and get the same result - instead of letting the subject die.  What is it wih people who enjoy fanning the flames?

Being told I have to accept homosexuality, and homosexuals who demand equality and preferential treatment at the same time.  You either want to be treated different, or you want to be equal - you can't have both.  Same with feminazis.  

Anyone who refuses to help a friend.

Anyone who uses friends that want to help.

Cheating and infedelity.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 11:31:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Loud talking people on cell phones in public. I usually try to join the conversation.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 11:34:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Dropping things.  Particuarly ice from the ice maker in the freezer.  Seems like I get more on the floor than in my glass.
Making the same mistake over and over again when typing.
When something small comes in the mail or by UPS and is "over protected" with packaging (bubble wrap, foam peanuts, etc.)
The useless shuffle/random function on ITunes.  It doesn't shuffle for shit.
The price of ammo.
Political correctness.
The government trying to micromanage every aspect of our lives.
Old coffee.
Anna Nicole Smith
Britney Spears
Paris Hilton
Any other junkie/whore/minor celebrity who is constantly on TV.
Things that are national news stories that used to be local (school bus accidents, missing kids, high-speed chases, etc).  Why do I need to know that a school bus crashed in Iowa, and there were only minor injuries?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 11:39:00 PM EDT
[#9]
People who insist on using the word "irregardless"
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 11:40:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow, some good ones above...

Other ones of mine:

In keeping with the mention of country music, the dixie chicks.

It irritates the heck out of me when people come to work sick as a dog to prove what a "tough guy" they are and give their cold to everyone else.

Convenience store clerks who are pissed that you came in to buy something and interupted their cell phone call. "Pshhhhttt! Hold on, I have another customer."

ETA:

50% screw up rate at the clearview Taco Bell drive through.

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 11:48:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
lol.

Webster's new World Dictionary
Third College Edition
'94 reprinting
pg 714

Fucking deal with it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 11:53:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
lol.

Third College Edition
'94 reprinting
pg 714

i117.photobucket.com/albums/o51/Vibulenus/irregardless.jpg

Fucking deal with it.

See my "condescending people" annotation above?  

Irregardless is one of those improper words that was incorporated into the dictionary because of the wide use of it.  Society demands the intelligent cater to the masses.  

Be nice.  Life is much better when you're nice.  "Fucking deal with it" is rude.  Why be rude when yu could make the same point by being nice?  
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 11:58:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Motor oil. The source of all grease on my motor, once it leaks and is mixed with dirt. They should figure out how to get engines to run without oil.

I can't breathe underwater without a bunch of gear. Gills would be nice.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 12:16:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Sandpaper underpants
illegal aliens
stupid drivers
windows vista (DONT ASK)
furries
"gangsta" lifestyle -  the natives that live around here emulate the whole "gangsta" thing and it drives me nuts.

SW
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 12:27:22 AM EDT
[#15]
People.  In general.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 12:37:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Left lane drivers doing 10 under the posted limit, messing around with their cell phone, oblivious to the folks passing them on the right.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 2:01:12 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Left lane drivers doing 10 under the posted limit, messing around with their cell phone, oblivious to the folks passing them on the right.

Here, here!!!!!!!

.....and traffic jams on interstates. I'll never understand the physics.

Link Posted: 2/28/2007 2:09:40 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
lol.

Third College Edition
'94 reprinting
pg 714

Fucking deal with it.

I know it is in wide use, but I grew up being told by teachers that is was an incorrect usage. I can surely deal with it, but think the person just a little less intelligant when I hear it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 2:41:16 AM EDT
[#19]
People who catch up with me, or let me pass them, and then hang off my right or left rear fender, less than 3 carlength behind. If I must swerve & brake to avoid something in the road I'll hit them for sure.

People who I'm catching up with who do this. They are blocking the freeway! AARRGGGGG!
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 3:17:11 AM EDT
[#20]
People rolling down the windows in my car, when I'm running the air.
Don't know why, it's just one of those things...
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:07:52 AM EDT
[#21]
People that gather in any entrance or exit, while they have all the room in the world on either side to shoot the shit. My wifes family for instance.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:19:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Beans in chili.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:21:30 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Flicking a lit cigarette out the window .... especially in drought conditions!!

Women in SUVs ... on the friggin cell phone .... not paying attention .... with a child in the vehicle.

Parents that can't control cute little Johnny or Jane in public.

Stupidity in general.

ETA: Oh ..... and the ACLU
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:21:48 AM EDT
[#24]
women who call in to work from doctors offices, they never speak up.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:22:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Soccer moms on a power trip.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:28:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Beans in chili.

That's not irritating, that's infuriating!

Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:30:56 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Soccer moms on a power trip.

+1
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:31:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Democrats being allowed to breath oxygen.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:31:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Auto manufactures who dont hook up the turn signals .

People who slow down on on ramps .

Al Gore

Cindy Shit for brains

The asshats who broke all the windows out of the trailer at the Sweetwater County public range .
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:33:12 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

What bugs me is the misue of the phrase "I couldn't care less".

Everytime someone says "I could care less", I ask them: "How much more could you care less". That always brings the look.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Beans in chili.

That's not irritating, that's infuriating!

It's required. Chilli without beans is SAUCE.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:35:16 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
lol.

Third College Edition
'94 reprinting
pg 714

Fucking deal with it.

See my "condescending people" annotation above?  

Irregardless is one of those improper words that was incorporated into the dictionary because of the wide use of it.  Society demands the intelligent cater to the masses.  

Be nice.  Life is much better when you're nice.  "Fucking deal with it" is rude.  Why be rude when yu could make the same point by being nice?  

Things change.  I don't like many 2007 vehicles, but........what can you do?  

The "church business" irritates me, particularly when someone is trying to sell it to me.

"Refinance now" junk mail.  

The Dutch.

etc.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:35:37 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Democrats being allowed to breath oxygen.

Fixed!  
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:36:19 AM EDT
[#34]
People who believe the left (passing) lane  on a highway is their personal 'cruising' lane at 10 below the speed limit.

Perfectly healthy people who park in a handicapped lane. I usually remind them its for physical and not mental handicaps.

Morons who take up two spaces in a parking lot to protect their 'precious' new car.

'Experts' who think they know how to do everybody else's job better then they do.

Rude people in general.

People who cut the line because "they" are in a rush and running late. As if the rest of us are not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top